Any other metalheads?

34,431 Views | 318 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by AceThedic
AceThedic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Atreyu?
Trivium?
36 Crazyfists?
DEVIL DRIVER!?!?
Killswitch?

Love DevilDriver.
GoldMind
AceThedic said:

Atreyu?
Trivium?
36 Crazyfists?
DEVIL DRIVER!?!?
Killswitch?

Love DevilDriver.
Full Devil Jacket
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
fuentbu1
AceThedic said:

Atreyu?
Trivium?
36 Crazyfists?
DEVIL DRIVER!?!?
Killswitch?

Love DevilDriver.

Seen all but 36.

I already told you my Killswitch Engage story.

The time I saw DevilDriver they tried to cut Dez short on his setlist time and he was having none of that. He told them to f off. They also started him with a dead mic and he slammed it on the ground.

He also initiated the biggest circle pit I've ever been involved in.
GoldMind
Im appalled at the lack of love Megadeth is getting on here.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
AceThedic
fuentbu1 said:

AceThedic said:

Atreyu?
Trivium?
36 Crazyfists?
DEVIL DRIVER!?!?
Killswitch?

Love DevilDriver.

Seen all but 36.

I already told you my Killswitch Engage story.

The time I saw DevilDriver they tried to cut Dez short on his setlist time and he was having none of that. He told them to f off. They also started him with a dead mic and he slammed it on the ground.

He also initiated the biggest circle pit I've ever been involved in.
Same. Even saw Dez with Coal Chamber when SLIPKNOT was their opening act lol.

36 still plays but only one-off shows in Alaska.
AceThedic
GoldMind said:

Some bands need no mention. Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica... even some of the British heavy metal like UFO, Priest...
GoldMind
AceThedic said:

GoldMind said:

Some bands need no mention. Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica... even some of the British heavy metal like UFO, Priest...
Without those bands, there is no metal though. They defined the genre.
fuentbu1
AceThedic said:

GoldMind said:

Agreed....btw, did anyone see Slayer on Jimmy Fallon? Seemed out of place a bit.....lol
AceThedic
fuentbu1 said:

AceThedic said:

GoldMind said:

Agreed....btw, did anyone see Slayer on Jimmy Fallon? Seemed out of place a bit.....lol
LMAO saw it.

Still weird seeing Gary Holt seizing on stage instead of Jeff. Bostaph is capable I don't mind him in place of Lombardo like so many do.
Mr Tulip
Never was much for the "dark" stuff. I came down firmly on the Anthrax side of Metallica/Anthrax debate. They were fun, and I got to see them play The Back Room teamed up with Public Enemy.

I followed The Ramones around. Saw them in Dallas twice and Austin 3x.

I had laminates when Ozzfest came through San Antonio. Black Sabbath was fantastic. Despite not really being a fan of Marilyn Manson's music, he put on one heck of a show. The rest, well, their heart was in it, but I'm not impressed by 1 finger chromatic slides and how fast you can get your double bass to go.

G'nf'n'R was better before Axl got off dope.

I still wanna go see Dead Kennedys.

I'm seeing Lords of Acid and My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult in Austin this October (separate dates), but I'm not sure you'd call that "metal".
GoldMind
Mr Tulip said:

Never was much for the "dark" stuff. I came down firmly on the Anthrax side of Metallica/Anthrax debate. They were fun, and I got to see them play The Back Room teamed up with Public Enemy.

I followed The Ramones around. Saw them in Dallas twice and Austin 3x.

I had laminates when Ozzfest came through San Antonio. Black Sabbath was fantastic. Despite not really being a fan of Marilyn Manson's music, he put on one heck of a show. The rest, well, their heart was in it, but I'm not impressed by 1 finger chromatic slides and how fast you can get your double bass to go.

G'nf'n'R was better before Axl got off dope.

I still wanna go see Dead Kennedys.

I'm seeing Lords of Acid and My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult in Austin this October (separate dates), but I'm not sure you'd call that "metal".
Blasphemy
AceThedic

Start your day off right. Very briefly NSFW at some points.
AceThedic

Another Phil great.
GoldMind
AceThedic said:

Another Phil great.
I actually kinda like Arson Anthem
AceThedic
Oh yeah. NOLA metal and hardcore are next level.

That being said, Pepper Keenan is one of the most underrated low key inspirational AF musicians of all time.
AceThedic
Doc Holliday
Messhugah, Periphery or Tesseract Djentlemen?
GoldMind
AceThedic said:

Oh yeah. NOLA metal and hardcore are next level.

That being said, Pepper Keenan is one of the most underrated low key inspirational AF musicians of all time.
Pepper is one of the most underrated bands of all time, I know that.
AceThedic
BEAR RAMMAGE said:

Messhugah, Periphery or Tesseract Djentlemen?

Messhugah!! Also gojira... Mastodon. Morbid angel.
Bone Squad
Man, I'm late to the party, but big metal fan here. I like nearly every subgenre, with deathcore being the big exception.

Here are the bands I've seen. There are still a few other "favorites" that I still haven't had the opportunity to go see live yet (Blind Guardian and Carach Angren come to mind).

Amon Amarth (twice)
Enslaved
Anthrax (twice)
Slayer
Testament
Death Angel
Symphony X
Iced Earth
Judas Priest
King Diamond
Nightwish
Sonata Arctica
Delain
Epica (twice)
Alestorm (three times)
Turisas
Arkona (five times)
Huntress
Korpiklaani
Pallbearer
Exmortus
The Atlas Moth
Gojira
Devin Townsend Project
Anvil
Fear Factory
Megadeth
Tyr
Metsatoll
Eluveitie
Nile
Negura Bunget
Dynfari
Saint Vitus
Nekrogoblikon
Aether Realm
Black Sabbath
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Iron Maiden
Ghost
GoldMind
I truly think OG Dokken deserves more credit than they get.
GoldMind
Bone Squad said:

Man, I'm late to the party, but big metal fan here. I like nearly every subgenre, with deathcore being the big exception.

Here are the bands I've seen. There are still a few other "favorites" that I still haven't had the opportunity to go see live yet (Blind Guardian and Carach Angren come to mind).

Amon Amarth (twice)
Enslaved
Anthrax (twice)
Slayer
Testament
Death Angel
Symphony X
Iced Earth
Judas Priest
King Diamond
Nightwish
Sonata Arctica
Delain
Epica (twice)
Alestorm (three times)
Turisas
Arkona (five times)
Huntress
Korpiklaani
Pallbearer
Exmortus
The Atlas Moth
Gojira
Devin Townsend Project
Anvil
Fear Factory
Megadeth
Tyr
Metsatoll
Eluveitie
Nile
Negura Bunget
Dynfari
Saint Vitus
Nekrogoblikon
Aether Realm
Black Sabbath
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Iron Maiden
Ghost
The band who trolled Alan Stivell?
Bone Squad
GoldMind said:

Bone Squad said:

Eluveitie

I had to Google, so there could be more I'm missing about "trolling" him, but they did use a tune in the song "Inis Mona" that at least matches one of his songs. I equivocate here only because I did not think they borrowed the tune specifically from such a recent artist, but rather had been under the impression it was an older, well-known traditional melody. In general, Eluveitie is known to do that.

Oddly enough, when my wife heard me humming Inis Mona, she asked if it was Sting's "Fields of Gold," which is also extremely similar. I concluded that they both adapted the same source music. Maybe that was Stivell, or maybe he was also adapting something older.
GoldMind
Bone Squad said:

GoldMind said:

Bone Squad said:

Eluveitie

I had to Google, so there could be more I'm missing about "trolling" him, but they did use a tune in the song "Inis Mona" that at least matches one of his songs. I equivocate here only because I did not think they borrowed the tune specifically from such a recent artist, but rather had been under the impression it was an older, well-known traditional melody. In general, Eluveitie is known to do that.

Oddly enough, when my wife heard me humming Inis Mona, she asked if it was Sting's "Fields of Gold," which is also extremely similar. I concluded that they both adapted the same source music. Maybe that was Stivell, or maybe he was also adapting something older.
The tune is very old, from Brittany in France, Stivell just brought it to prominence. La Tribu De Dana by Manau uses it as well. Ive also heard it in a techno song, but cant remember who put it out.

Eluveities version just felt like lighthearted trolling to me, thats all. The video for it is hilarious.
Mr Tulip
GoldMind said:

I truly think OG Dokken deserves more credit than they get.
If nothing else, George Lynch

Bone Squad
Flute solo!

There is a doom metal band called Evoke Thy Lords which features prominent flute playing, and comes off less hammy than Eluveitie. I appreciate both.
Mr Tulip
In honor of John Cage's 104th birthday, here's a death metal version of his most famous composition:

Bone Squad
Amazing cover. I like how they really made it their own with that cymbal crash.
FREEbass
Was a big hair metal guy, early 80's. Def Leppard, Motley Crue. Got back into it a bit in early 2000'2 with Static X, Powerman 5000, and Rob Zombie. That foray gave me one of my favorites....In Extremo.

King's X is my all time favorite. Not metal, but Doug Pinnick's fuzzy base can get you banging your head.
JETHRO

Thread Hijacked!

Dia del DougO
More hard rock than metal for me. Kings' X and Dream Theater were two of my favorite bands of the 90s-2000s.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
FREEbass said:

Was a big hair metal guy, early 80's. Def Leppard, Motley Crue. Got back into it a bit in early 2000'2 with Static X, Powerman 5000, and Rob Zombie. That foray gave me one of my favorites....In Extremo.

King's X is my all time favorite. Not metal, but Doug Pinnick's fuzzy base can get you banging your head.
Dang, I never expected to see another King's X fan here. Awesome!
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
GoldMind
FREEbass said:

You left Disturbed off bro. And Rammstein.
DioNoZeus
J.R. said:

GoldMind said:

Metallica?
Rainbow?
Marilyn Manson?
Slayer?
Dokken?
Mudvayne?
Maiden?
Megadeth?
Priest?
Dio?
Sabbath?

Meh on the rest and I'm to old for new stuff. Any good old fashion Punk fans out there?

Pistols
Ramones
MC5
Minor Threat
Rancid
DKMs
X
Cramps
Dead Kennedys
Circle Jerks
DOA
Black Flag
Descendents
and on and on

Yes. I would add:
Buzzcocks
Wire
UK Subs
Sham 69
Blitz
Cockney Rejects
Cocksparrer
Peter and the Test Tube Babies
Husker Du
Naked Raygun
Adolescents
Misfits

and if you're feeling especially raunchy, the Anti-Nowhere League
This place is toxic. Unsubscribing

-Bono/Chitwood/Norman Dale/Sunny Ortiz/John Galt/and soon to be The Toxic Avenger
DioNoZeus
Lately I've been listening to old fashioned shoegaze such as Ride, Catherine Wheel, Swervedriver, My Bloody Valentine, etc. Interestingly, there has been an increasing number of crossover metal bands that are incorporating shoegaze elements into their music like Jesu and Nothing. Nothing, in particular, does a great job of this.
This place is toxic. Unsubscribing

-Bono/Chitwood/Norman Dale/Sunny Ortiz/John Galt/and soon to be The Toxic Avenger

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.