Any other metalheads?

34,446 Views | 318 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by AceThedic
AceThedic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would've never guessed they're from America but there's a lot of underground black metal coming out of the east coast. Check this out.

fuentbu1

BOP
GoldMind

Nate Garnette can sht it and get it on the guitar
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Bone Squad
AceThedic said:

I would've never guessed they're from America but there's a lot of underground black metal coming out of the east coast. Check this out.

That's actually an album I have saved in my queue to listen to soon. I think I may have read a review of it on Angry Metal Guy, and it sounded like something I would be into.
GoldMind

Stormruler is mad decent
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Bone Squad
Nice one!

This is one of my favorite black metal albums from 2022.
AceThedic

Still just tearing **** up. Long live Florida death and thrash
GoldMind
AceThedic said:

Still just tearing **** up. Long live Florida death and thrash

GoldMind

I've said it for many years, if this band had made their name Dark Sorcery or Seed of Evil or literally any scary sounding name, they'd be way better. They can jam tho.
Bone Squad
I don't know how y'all feel about doom metal. This band is basically all the old members of SubRosa with a different singer.
GoldMind
Bone Squad said:

I don't know how y'all feel about doom metal. This band is basically all the old members of SubRosa with a different singer.

I don't think there's any metal that I really hate, there's some metalcore that sounds like blink182 mixed with necrophagist, don't hate just not my cup o tea.
GoldMind
AceThedic
Love doom and sludge. Been listening to a lot of pallbearer lately.
Bone Squad
Sludge usually doesn't do much for me. I do like Pallbearer. I loved this year's album from Shape of Despair.

Here's a gem of stoner doom I stumbled onto this year.
AceThedic
Wow really? Not even the Phil Anselmo and Friends collection? Down, CoC, Superjoint, Crowbar, etc?
Bone Squad
I have a Superjoint album and think it's ok. I've been more or less favorable to Down. I think High on Fire is pretty good. The Ocean, and The Sword to the extent they really count as sludge.

The times I like that style are more the exception to the rule.
GoldMind

My personal fav Deathcore.

Dudes can put together a song.
GoldMind
This man on FB is seriously trying to tell me Dave Mustaine is not a good guitarist and that "the guy from tool" is better.

AceThedic
Easily one of my favorite bands. This new live album is sickkkkkk. They sound as sharp as they did in the chris Norris days

AceThedic
The mix is so good too **** bass that vibrates your bones
GoldMind
New Blind Guardian album slaps.

New Soilwork album is mad legit too.

Bone Squad
I'm a huge Blind Guardian fan, and definitely agree with you there. "Blood of the Elves" is killer.

This is a band I did not know before, but here is an album released late this year which absolutely knocked my socks off. Epic black metal with huge choral parts.

GoldMind

Someone asked what song makes you turn it up to 11, I always answer this
GoldMind
Bone Squad
That was a heavy one.
GoldMind
Is Lune not on iTunes?
Bone Squad
GoldMind said:

Is Lune not on iTunes?
I haven't purchased music on iTunes in years, so I wouldn't know. They are on bandcamp though. https://luneblackmetal.bandcamp.com/album/hymns-to-the-lunar-realm
AceThedic
GoldMind said:

Is Lune not on iTunes?
spotify You're talking about the djent band right? You'd also like Gravemind and Emmure.
fuentbu1
AceThedic said:

GoldMind said:

Is Lune not on iTunes?
spotify You're talking about the djent band right? You'd also like Gravemind and Emmure.

Emmure was crazy live. They aren't for everyone but Solar Flare Homicide and Protoman are both frequents during workout times
GoldMind
AceThedic said:

GoldMind said:

Is Lune not on iTunes?

Gravemind is good.

Animals as Leaders are good asf too
Bone Squad
This is a black metal band from French Polynesia, who released one of my most highly regarded albums this year.
GoldMind
Bone Squad said:

This is a black metal band from French Polynesia, who released one of my most highly regarded albums this year.
Bone Squad
Do y'all also have the experience where someone recommends a band, so you start to look them up, then can see that you've actually searched for that band before? That just happened on Shepherds Reign. It looks like I listened to a song from them a couple of years ago, but obviously forgot about. I'm adding this song to my "watch later" queue now.
GoldMind
Bone Squad said:

Do y'all also have the experience where someone recommends a band, so you start to look them up, then can see that you've actually searched for that band before? That just happened on Shepherds Reign. It looks like I listened to a song from them a couple of years ago, but obviously forgot about. I'm adding this song to my "watch later" queue now.
In like 2005, someone asked me if Id ever heard of Municipal Waste. I downloaded like 1 song on Limewire and I guess it just wasnt their strongest track, because I never thought of them again until years later after itunes caught on.
AceThedic
Bone Squad said:

ahahahaha that happened to me with Helmet. My friend said they were great… hated what I heard… and then went back years later and loved.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.