14 days in Florida?

1,524 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TechDawgMc
atomicblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have about 14 days with a beautiful woman (Mrs. atomicblast) in Florida and a rented car with unlimited miles. Budget about $2-3k.
What should I do? Anyone spend time in the sunshine state? I know Key West and Disney World are on the list.
whitetrash
atomicblast said:

I have about 14 days with a beautiful woman (Mrs. atomicblast) in Florida and a rented car with unlimited miles. Budget about $2-3k.
What should I do? Anyone spend time in the sunshine state? I know Key West and Disney World are on the list.
If you visit Tampa/St Pete, by all means have dinner at Columbia in Ybor City. Oldest Cuban restaurant in America and spans an entire city block.

https://columbiarestaurant.com/
william
I hope she's an Arby's gal!

embarras de richesse......

- KKM

{ sipping coffee }

>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
Ghostrider
atomicblast said:

I wouldn't pick Disney. I prefer Florida Panhandle, Siesta Key, Clearwater, Sanibel Island, Everglades Nat'l Park
atomicblast
whitetrash said:

atomicblast said:

If you visit Tampa/St Pete, by all means have dinner at Columbia in Ybor City. Oldest Cuban restaurant in America and spans an entire city block.

https://columbiarestaurant.com/
Definitely will add it to the list of stuff! Thats pretty cool, its items like that I want to experience.
atomicblast
Ghostrider said:

atomicblast said:

I wouldn't pick Disney. I prefer Florida Panhandle, Siesta Key, Clearwater, Sanibel Island, Everglades Nat'l Park
I've heard Clearwater is a nice experience, as for the Everglades people have said to do a hovercraft?
Robert Wilson
I would spend the entire time in the Keys - fishing, eating seafood, drinking, bumming around. Only caveat is I might make a short run from there up into the 'Glades for some sightseeing. But basically I'd just stay in the Keys. A fishing guide from the middle Keys can also run you back into the 'Glades if you just want to get a look and feel for it.
Ghostrider
Robert Wilson said:

I would spend the entire time in the Keys - fishing, eating seafood, drinking, bumming around. Only caveat is I might make a short run from there up into the 'Glades for some sightseeing. But basically I'd just stay in the Keys. A fishing guide from the middle Keys can also run you back into the 'Glades if you just want to get a look and feel for it.
I like the Keys, but very overrated. There is no beach, it is packed with people, wait for every restaurant.....now it is even worse as they have a worker shortage. Whatever you do, do not drive to Key West on a busy day such as a weekend....
Robert Wilson
Ghostrider said:

Robert Wilson said:

I like the Keys, but very overrated. There is no beach, it is packed with people, wait for every restaurant.....now it is even worse as they have a worker shortage. Whatever you do, do not drive to Key West on a busy day such as a weekend....
I don't care for hanging out on the beach, but I love to fish, so there you go. I spend a lot more time in the middle keys than Key West. I agree I would not go to Key West except during midweek / off time.
Ghostrider
Robert Wilson said:

Ghostrider said:

Robert Wilson said:

I don't care for hanging out on the beach, but I love to fish, so there you go. I spend a lot more time in the middle keys than Key West. I agree I would not go to Key West except during midweek / off time.
Incredible fishing! Last time there I stayed on Duck Key. Nice, slow pace, access to a yacht for offshore fishing, etc....
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Turn the car in and fly to Cancun. Rent a car and spend time in Cancun Puerto Morales Playa del Carmen Cozumel and Tulum. Lots of fishing snorkeling scuba beaches cenotes ancient ruins international restaurants and great bars.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
slimecap

Morikami Gardens
Delray Beach FL

Named Roji-en: Garden of the Drops of Dew, were designed to be a living exhibit as an extension of the museum. Its six distinct gardens are inspired by, but are not replicas of, significant gardens of Japan.

Link
https://morikami.org/
Ghostrider
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Turn the car in and fly to Cancun. Rent a car and spend time in Cancun Puerto Morales Playa del Carmen Cozumel and Tulum. Lots of fishing snorkeling scuba beaches cenotes ancient ruins international restaurants and great bars.
. Cartels taking over. No thanks.
william
natty light wishes and sliced roast beef dreams!

- r. leach

D!
>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Ghostrider said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

. Cartels taking over. No thanks.
Never had any trouble. Lived here 18 months now. Its not for everybody I guess,
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Ghostrider
https://globalriskinsights.com/2022/02/violence-in-paradise-mexicos-cartel-wars-reach-tourist-playgrounds-in-quintana-roo/
TechDawgMc
Daytona is worth a visit just for the size of the beach. St Augustine has a tourist trap feel but some of the old historical stuff is cool. Drive through the orange groves. Maybe see Silver Springs in Ocala. Been a long time since I saw Cypress Gardens but it used to be cool with the combo of garden and water ski show. The west coast has prettier beaches.

Florida's lakes are fantastic but I'm not sure where you can find good access. I used to love snorkeling down there but I had an aunt who lived on the lake.

I like Disney but it has become absurdly expensive. Hollywood and Epcot are better adult destinations though I love the Animal Kingdom.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.