Burleson Quadrangle is no more

977 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They're taking down the Rufus statue at BQ, moving it elsewhere, and renaming the area 'The Quadrangle'.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
RedBear05
I wish Baylor leadership would quit embarrassing the school.
KEBasketball
RedBear05 said:

You try to lead in this quagmire we have in society today - I feel confident you would embarrass the school more. This is not a personal attack…it is commentary on the days we live in. Before you criticize, put yourself in their shoes for a few minutes and assess whether you would want to take on their set of responsibilities…

- KEB
RedBear05
Fair point. I have zero experience running a university and I'm sure they feel their hands were forced a bit with the current Owellian movement to sanitize our history. History shouldn't be sanitized and people shouldn't be villainized many years after the fact. It's wrong I wish Baylor's leads had said that instead of appeasing people the will never be satisfied.
MrGolfguy
RedBear05 said:

History shouldn't be sanitized and people shouldn't be villainized many years after the fact.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
KEBasketball said:

RedBear05 said:

You try to lead in this quagmire we have in society today - I feel confident you would embarrass the school more. This is not a personal attack…it is commentary on the days we live in. Before you criticize, put yourself in their shoes for a few minutes and assess whether you would want to take on their set of responsibilities…

- KEB
It takes much courage these days for leaders to stand up to the mob and say "NO, that is not acceptable, -we are not going to do that!" Very few in leadership positions these days possess such courage. It is just easier to appease the loudest voices whether they are right or not. Our POTUS is the best example of this weakness.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.