Sound off if you were there when the lights went out

33,355 Views | 350 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BellCountyBear
GhettoHEBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On BaylorFans last night...

Fell asleep posting at around 12:20 and when I awoke she was dead.
KordovaJD
I got redirected around 9:30. Couldn't get back.
Stranger
I got notice on email of a private message and when I went to retrieve it, baylorfans was gone with no way to contact the poster. I thought this transition was going to be smoother. I hope these boys will utilize Jason. It's very obvious they have a lot to learn about running a website. So far, its amateur night.
I'm a Bearbacker
Kite23
Same, she's dead Jim.
bubbadog
I was posting and refreshing until 11:30 Central time, and then I could no longer get on the site. Nor did it automatically redirect me here.
Oldbear83
Posted until 1135 PM or so. Woke up and BFans was not moving and beginning to stink.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Oldbear83
bubbadog said:

I was posting and refreshing until 11:30 Central time, and then I could no longer get on the site. Nor did it automatically redirect me here.
Yeah, the redirect does not work.
Dubbicans
Stranger said:

I got notice on email of a private message and when I went to retrieve it, baylorfans was gone with no way to contact the poster. I thought this transition was going to be smoother. I hope these boys will utilize Jason. It's very obvious they have a lot to learn about running a website. So far, its amateur night.
Don't worry big fella, you'll figure it out.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
Feel The Floyd
I was still posting Pink Floyd lyrics until at least 1:30 am central time.
BU84BEAR
GhettoHEBear said:

On BaylorFans last night...

Fell asleep posting at around 12:20 and when I awoke she was dead.
Experienced the same thing (different time). One person had it until 5 30 am LOL
Stranger
Ok. Show me. When I clicked on your name it says private message but it wouldn't let me. Do I have to pay $13 to send one?
I'm a Bearbacker
BU84BEAR
Stranger said:

Ok. Show me. When I clicked on your name it says private message but it wouldn't let me. Do I have to pay $13 to send one?
No. They are adding it for free members. In a week or so you will see a envelope up near your user name in the top right. Click on it to get or receive PMs.

As I said, they are adding it for free members. They are also adding ignore user functionality and the thread watchlist to free users soon.
AceThedic
Oldbear83 said:

Posted until 1135 PM or so. Woke up and BFans was not moving and beginning to stink.
AceThedic
12-07-13. I was there when the lights went out.
GeorgiaBear
I was there until the very end. She went quietly around 10:30 Eastern Standard time. I shed a tear and put the IPad down for a moment of silence.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"
Dubbicans
Stranger said:

If you will give the new site longer than about 15 minutes, I bet you'll be pleased.

No idea on the PM function but it sounds like it was answered above. Don't be a stranger. Just post what you want.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
OldSchoolBU
Stranger said:

do you complain a lot? Dust yourself off, get back in the huddle and fulfill your assignment.
BearAssets
Stranger said:

Stranger
Not really complaining. Just seems they should have waited until all the bugs were worked out before they switched over. They had promised the 15th. Don't know where the haste came from.

I'm not unhappy. This, too, shall pass.
I'm a Bearbacker
Oldbear83
OldSchoolBU said:

do you complain a lot? Dust yourself off, get back in the huddle and fulfill your assignment.
No one told you? His assignment is to annoy you. He's doing a solid job.
Dia del DougO
Oh man, I think I left my phone charger over there before it shut down and I moved here.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
BU84BEAR
Since there is no Countdown To Statman's 53rd Birthday, I guess this place will have to do:

Feel The Floyd

My browser from last night was still up today. Screen grab from 1:14 AM CST.
2nd image shows who was lurking at that time.
If I never shut my browser down, its like I still have Baylorfans.
william
{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

- Bill
Fetterman2024
PartyBear
How did it it go off at different times? Unless these posters are all in different time zones.
Dubbicans
PartyBear said:

How did it it go off at different times? Unless these posters are all in different time zones.

The Russians.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
BU84BEAR
PartyBear said:

The internet exists because "it" consists of a series of servers around the world that know the ip of the computer where your computer is trying to access. When Jason "shut it down", he merely sent a command to these servers that said go here (Sicem365) instead of here(Baylorfans) when an internet user sought baylorfans.com. It took hours for that command to reach all the servers that it needed to around the world, and it reached different ones at different times.

Until your local server lost the link between "baylorfans.com" ias a user request and the correct ip address, that local server sent the user to the ip address it always had.
BearN
Dubbicans said:

Stranger said:

If you will give the new site longer than about 15 minutes, I bet you'll be pleased.

No idea on the PM function but it sounds like it was answered above. Don't be a stranger. Just post what you want.
Have you ever read his posts? He will never be pleased. With anything. Ever.
KEBasketball
BearN said:

Dubbicans said:

Stranger said:

He's not as Eeyore-infested as EGOT. Believe it or not, that guy just surfaced here a few minutes ago...

- KEB
GhettoHEBear
Feel The Floyd said:

My browser from last night was still up today. Screen grab from 1:14 AM CST.
2nd image shows who was lurking at that time.
If I never shut my browser down, its like I still have Baylorfans.

Sweet! My goodbye thread was up on the very last screenshot of BaylorFans ever...
GhettoHEBear
KEBasketball said:

BearN said:

Dubbicans said:

Stranger said:

He's not as Eeyore-infested as EGOT. Believe it or not, that guy just surfaced here a few minutes ago...

- KEB
I believe it...like a bad rash
Wooldogg
AceThedic said:

12-07-13. I was there when the lights went out.

Ace. My man. I clicked on this post to say the same thing. I was smoking a cigarette at the top of The Case, loaded up on whiskey, eyes full of..... allergies....
Gotta tell you... you've quickly moved up my poster power rankings. You and me... we need to kill a bottle of something before a game sometime, bud.
I stand with those who stand against me.
BU84BEAR
BU84BEAR said:

Since there is no Countdown To Statman's 53rd Birthday, I guess this place will have to do:

BU84BEAR
The reason I haven't started another Countdown to Statman's 53rd birthday is that the old one from BFans will be migrated here....I think....soon.
AceThedic
I ran on the field to soak it all in. Worth it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.