Most beautiful college campuses from Cosmopolitan.com

2,525 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by historian
Gobearsone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baylor at 13th. Love the review.
" I'm pretty sure if you look up "college campus" in the dictionary, it's just a photo of Baylor 'cause it's darn near picture-perfect."
OsoCoreyell
Here's the link: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/college/g32926196/most-beautiful-college-campuses/

FYI, Architectural Digest agrees: https://www.architecturaldigest.com/gallery/most-beautiful-colleges-in-america
Proud 1992 Alum
For those who don't want to read the pages, Baylor was one of 3 Texas colleges (SMU & Rice). Too bad TCU. And the only Big 12 school listed, including the new 4 schools.
Edmond Bear

The pic of the Georgetown building is beautiful. But, that's it. The rest of the campus looks like late 70's community college. Was very disappointed when we visited.
william
sul ross is probably the nicest in the state:

https://www.sulross.edu/

- kkm

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

Dale?
Ghostrider
Shocked UH isn't on the list.
Canada2017
william said:

sul ross is probably the nicest in the state:

https://www.sulross.edu/

- kkm

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

Nice school.

My favorite in Texas would probably be Baylor …..favorite in Colorado is Colorado State ……best nationally …..Stanford .
beardoc
All my Tech friends assure me that Tech looks JUST like Stanford. It does not.
Redbrickbear
beardoc said:

All my Tech friends assure me that Tech looks JUST like Stanford. It does not.

While no Stanford…Texas Tech is nice looking for a state/public college campus.

Blows u.t. and a&m out of the water.
Harrison Bergeron
That list included some stinkers ... Honestly shocked it did not put Paul Quinn in the top 10.
Proud 1992 Alum
Harrison Bergeron said:

That list included some stinkers ... Honestly shocked it did not put Paul Quinn in the top 10.

Ridiculous number of HBCUs. If it weren't so tedious to flip through the list again, I would count how many. Not sure any would make an objective list.
Harrison Bergeron
Proud 1992 Alum said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Ridiculous number of HBCUs. If it weren't so tedious to flip through the list again, I would count how many. Not sure any would make an objective list.
Yeah, I realized it was a phony list when I noticed that ... seems like more "one pretty building" vs. campus.

Any list that does not include Iowa State is not legit.
Bear89
Proud 1992 Alum said:

For those who don't want to read the pages, Baylor was one of 3 Texas colleges (SMU & Rice). Too bad TCU. And the only Big 12 school listed, including the new 4 schools.
Rice and SMU are absolutely gorgeous campuses. Baylor is my favorite because being a graduate makes it so personal. But objectively, Rice and SMU are as pretty of campuses as I've seen.
Coke Bear
How did ATM make the cut for beautiful campuses? Granted I haven't been on campus in 15 or more years, but ugly, brown, government buildings does not spell beauty to me.

Other than the Live Oak trees, I couldn't tell if I was in DC or College station.
Redbrickbear
Coke Bear said:

How did ATM make the cut for beautiful campuses? Granted I haven't been on campus in 15 or more years, but ugly, brown, government buildings does not spell beauty to me.

Other than the Live Oak trees, I couldn't tell if I was in DC or College station.
A&M is probably the worst looking college campus in Texas.

Not even comparing it to private schools... its still bad.

Seriously, SFA, Texas State, North Texas, UTEP are all better looking.
boykin_spaniel
Biased towards Baylor but this list is a joke. I've walked Harvard and MIT and Harvard is meh and MIT is super not pretty.

The states I'm familiar with Texas and Tennessee.
Tennessee- Sewanee is very deserving of being listed.
Vanderbilt is improving with new construction but until completion Belmont is a nicer campus. Fisk has a couple gorgeous buildings but pretty much mundane block architecture after that. The state schools are mediocre at best. UT(the real UT) has a couple lovely spots but rest of campus is urban and 60s style crap- look at the weird library.

Texas- was surprised by Texas State when I drove through. Baylor, Rice, SMU are all nice. Haven't seen many of the West Texas schools. Horns are pretty good for an urban state school. North Texas is lacking. A&M is much better than MIT. TCU is nicer than Harvard to me but behind BU and SMU.
Harrison Bergeron
boykin_spaniel said:

Biased towards Baylor but this list is a joke. I've walked Harvard and MIT and Harvard is meh and MIT is super not pretty.

Vanderbilt is improving with new construction but until completion Belmont is a nicer campus. Fisk has a couple gorgeous buildings but pretty much mundane block architecture after that. The state schools are mediocre at best. UT(the real UT) has a couple lovely spots but rest of campus is urban and 60s style crap- look at the weird library.

Texas- was surprised by Texas State when I drove through. Baylor, Rice, SMU are all nice. Haven't seen many of the West Texas schools. Horns are pretty good for an urban state school. North Texas is lacking. A&M is much better than MIT. TCU is nicer than Harvard to me but behind BU and SMU.
I have just driven through Vanderbilt, and I was very underwhelmed.

SMU definitely among the most beautiful in Texas - been too long since I have been to Rice.

As I said, whatever bimbo put the article together seemed to be evaluating "most beautiful building" not campus.
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron said:

boykin_spaniel said:

I have just driven through Vanderbilt, and I was very underwhelmed.

SMU definitely among the most beautiful in Texas - been too long since I have been to Rice.

As I said, whatever bimbo put the article together seemed to be evaluating "most beautiful building" not campus.

Vanderbilt is getting better.

They have actually hired an architecture firm that works in neo-classical style and are trying to correct some of the bad decisions of the 1970s and 1980s

https://wpln.org/post/curious-nashville-whats-with-the-hogwarts-looking-tower-at-vanderbilt-university
eghayes
Our daughter goes to IU. She's been there a week as a freshman transfer. Last night she sent us a video of deer just outside her dorm. It's a beautiful campus. Our Baylor son has put it on his list for Masters program after our recent trip up there. They have an excellent music program.
LIB,MR BEARS
Escapees from the taxidermy lab. Tell her not to get attached.
Redbrickbear
eghayes said:

Our daughter goes to IU. She's been there a week as a freshman transfer. Last night she sent us a video of deer just outside her dorm. It's a beautiful campus. Our Baylor son has put it on his list for Masters program after our recent trip up there. They have an excellent music program.
Indiana University in Bloomington?
eghayes
Yes! I am a Bear, son is a Bear, daughter wants nothing to do with being a Bear.

IU has some good qualities, she's happy there.
Redbrickbear
eghayes said:

Yes! I am a Bear, son is a Bear, daughter wants nothing to do with being a Bear.

IU has some good qualities, she's happy there.
Yea Indiana does have a nice campus.

Glad she likes it there.
historian
I cannot say much about it because I have been to only 3 campuses outside of Texas, 2 of them listed (UVA & Stanford). I thought the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs was very nice but was only there once for a brief time. Didn't see enough to adequately judge.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.