Best way to invest $100k?

5,792 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MikeUsmane
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScottS said:

Doc Holliday said:

If you had $100k, what investment vehicle would you choose?

My wife and I are buying a waterfront lot in the Bahamas. It will take us a bit to add some cottages to it. Anyway, this is how we are investing $100k.
Cool. Best of luck and I envy y'all.
Assassin
ScottS said:

Doc Holliday said:

ScottS said:

Doc Holliday said:

My wife and I are buying a waterfront lot in the Bahamas. It will take us a bit to add some cottages to it. Anyway, this is how we are investing $100k.
Thats cool, What kind of profit/returns are you expecting?

Great question. We need to have 2 units rented 1/4 of the time to break even (where we don't pay anything). After 10 years we would have our loan done with. The real reason we are doing this is because we've seen the price of beach rentals double or triple over the last 8 years. This is our way of countering that.
Remember you promised we could do our next Baylor lunch there!
Ghostrider
5.30 APY 12 mo cd right now....hard to beat
Doc Holliday
Ghostrider said:

I think I'm gonna go with a CD. Then wait for the market to crash and put it into index funds.
ScottS
Assassin said:

ScottS said:

Doc Holliday said:

ScottS said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thats cool, What kind of profit/returns are you expecting?

Great question. We need to have 2 units rented 1/4 of the time to break even (where we don't pay anything). After 10 years we would have our loan done with. The real reason we are doing this is because we've seen the price of beach rentals double or triple over the last 8 years. This is our way of countering that.
Remember you promised we could do our next Baylor lunch there!
Yes indeed!
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Doc Holliday said:

Ghostrider said:

I think I'm gonna go with a CD. Then wait for the market to crash and put it into index funds.
There are some 3 month CDs available now that are 5.1 percent APR or slightly higher. Good solid investment for just three months. I think interest rates still have room to go higher.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Ghostrider
Doc Holliday said:

Ghostrider said:

that's what I am doing.....will dollar cost average some cash in later
Aliceinbubbleland
Still rolling over all the T-Bills (13 wk and 17 wk) while cheating a little and nibbling at NVIDA after last nights blowout.

Recalling the days I missed out on AOL and Yahoo and sold Google and Facebook WAY TOO SOOON

We need Hodedofome to show up and post here. He had job great skills back in 2020 with his picks.
BUwolverine2012
VTI
BellCountyBear
Anyone here have experience investing in REMICs?
Aliceinbubbleland
I do not. I had to look them up and thought I'd paste here for everyone else who was interested.

The purpose of a Real Estate Mortgage Investment Conduit (REMIC) in commercial real estate financing is to pool loans and issue mortgage backed securities (MBS) or commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS). REMICs are typically organized as special purpose entities (SPEs) or single-purpose vehicles (SPVs) and are considered to be pass-through entities, meaning they are not directly taxed. Investors, however, will need to pay taxes on income derived from REMICs. REMICs are typically governed by pooling and servicing agreements (PSAs), which detail the rights and responsibilities of the various parties involved in the loan pooling and servicing process.
BellCountyBear
Anyone have any REITs they would recommend? I've been looking at investing in one called pahinvest.com that focuses on the hospitality industry. Thoughts?
Ghostrider
BellCountyBear said:

Anyone have any REITs they would recommend? I've been looking at investing in one called pahinvest.com that focuses on the hospitality industry. Thoughts?
I like private REIT's compared to REIT MF's. I have never heard of this REIT, but a quick look at the website looks interesting.
One-Eyed Wheeler
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I do not. I had to look them up and thought I'd paste here for everyone else who was interested.

The purpose of a Real Estate Mortgage Investment Conduit (REMIC) in commercial real estate financing is to pool loans and issue mortgage backed securities (MBS) or commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS). REMICs are typically organized as special purpose entities (SPEs) or single-purpose vehicles (SPVs) and are considered to be pass-through entities, meaning they are not directly taxed. Investors, however, will need to pay taxes on income derived from REMICs. REMICs are typically governed by pooling and servicing agreements (PSAs), which detail the rights and responsibilities of the various parties involved in the loan pooling and servicing process.
you need to be careful with these. If you don't have a Bloomberg and can't really understand the cash flows, you can be burned badly. For instance say you pay 105 for the bond and the CPR is 6 and you expect this bond to return principal very slowly then all of a sudden rates fall and the CPR speeds up to 30 you will get hosed on the bond. You paid 105 for it then all of a sudden you are getting your principal returned to you at par way faster than you expected. Not very fun.
BellCountyBear
Update please!
Tempus Edax Rerum
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Doc Holliday said:

TSM
ASML
COST
NVDA
AAPL
AMD
BRK-B
LLY
Should have purchased these. I also own, HUBB, COST, AVGO, CRM, V, MA, CVX, AMZN, HD and more. I am up huge.

I identified LLY several years ago with their upcoming release of Mounjaro and I knew it would be a huge market. I have been rewarded very well.
MikeUsmane
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Doc Holliday said:

So, you've got a cool 100 grand burning a hole in your pocket, and you're wondering, "How can I make this money work for me?" Fear not, for I, your trusty SEO sage with over 15 years of digital exploration, am here to guide you through this thrilling quest.

First things first, let's talk strategy. Just like optimizing a website for search engines, investing requires careful planning and the right tools. Speaking of tools, have you heard of Rush Analytics? It's like the Excalibur of SEO, arming you with mighty tools to conquer the digital landscape. Need to trim down your content to perfection? Check out their Word Counter tool: https://rush-analytics.com/land/word-counter

NVDA
AAPL
AMD
When we see some considerable correction in the foreseeable future these stocks are the first to enter my portfolio. I believe that the AI fever will drive the price of these companies even higher.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.