* * Old Texas

49,791 Views | 337 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BU84BEAR
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
about 1930
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
When 90210 met Mr Peppermint, May 1946

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Aaron Spelling. Boy he made a little money during his life time. SMU, never realized he went to school there. One of my brothers went to SMU and one to Tulsa. I was the only smart one. Lololol Love this old Texas stuff
Assassin
Assassin

racing on the Galveston beach
Assassin

car dealership in Laredo
Wichitabear
That's a hoot!
Assassin
Grumpy
Dang. You just have to wonder what would have become of Galveston and Waco had they not been destroyed by Mother Nature. Some said Galveston was the wealthiest city in the US, perhaps rivaling Philadelphia, at the turn of the 20th century. Old Waco was a bustling downtown. Baylor moved there, of course, from Independence because it was thought it would not only be geographically more central in Texas but that Waco would grow to be Texas' largest city.
Wichitabear
I'm hoping assassin will post more on this site.
Assassin

Port Arthur HS Football team 1912
Assassin

Pre-Civil War Corpus Christi newspaper
Assassin

Texas Spring Palace photographed by Swartz Art Parlor; Wichita and Denton counties wing of Palace, 05/1890
Wichitabear
That's old.
Malbec
Good thing The Ranchero was only published on Saturdays, 'cause Jiminy it would take all week to read that!
Wichitabear
I just wonder how the fire started??? What a waste and so sad. It was gone before it even got started. I would love to have seen the inside.
Malbec
Wichitabear said:

I just wonder how the fire started??? What a waste and so sad. It was gone before it even got started. I would love to have seen the inside.

Assassin
Malbec said:

Wichitabear said:

Thanks!

Wichitabear
Thank you. I guess I could have googled that uh?
lrwells50
Assassin said:

Billy the Kid born John William Guillot in Waco, Texas in 1936. Billy started his career in the 1950s, where he established himself as a wrestling 'bad guy'
He shot a distant cousin of mine, Robert Ameridith Olinger. Actually, that was the real Billy the Kid. Was this guy really short?
Wichitabear
He looks really little. A little person. Midget. You got that. Ha
Assassin
what game from the 1980s is this?
Assassin

Houston, 1900. Looks very similar to today
Wichitabear
Just keep posting these all day. Lolol what a weekend. I am so sick of the straight white men board and Art Briles come back. Stick a fork in it. We're done!
Malbec
Assassin said:

There's a game in that picture?
Malbec
Assassin said:

Houston, 1900. Looks very similar to today
Different kind of poop in the street though.
Wichitabear
Lol which I'm sure ya'll are very interested in.
SATXBear
Assassin said:

The flash dance look. That must have been at the village green video arcade.
SATXBear
Malbec said:

Wichitabear said:

great pics thanks
SATXBear
Assassin said:

about 1930

Does anyone know where in San Antonio this is located?
Assassin
SATXBear said:

Assassin said:

about 1930

Established in 1917 as one of sixteen National Army Camps in preparation for U.S. involvement in World War I. The Camp occupied 18,290 acres, with 5,730 acres adjacent to Fort Sam Houston. The site was selected on 15 Jul 1917 and by 25 Aug 1917 it was ready for the troops and by October 1917 there were 31,000 troops from the 90th U.S. Infantry Division at the camp. After the war ended Camp Travis became a demobilization center and discharged some 62,500 troops over a period of 8 months. The Camp became a part of Fort Sam Houston in 1922.
beardoc
Going from ground zero to being ready for 31000 troops in a few weeks is pretty impressive.
SATXBear
Assassin said:

SATXBear said:

Assassin said:

Nabout 1930

Established in 1917 as one of sixteen National Army Camps in preparation for U.S. involvement in World War I. The Camp occupied 18,290 acres, with 5,730 acres adjacent to Fort Sam Houston. The site was selected on 15 Jul 1917 and by 25 Aug 1917 it was ready for the troops and by October 1917 there were 31,000 troops from the 90th U.S. Infantry Division at the camp. After the war ended Camp Travis became a demobilization center and discharged some 62,500 troops over a period of 8 months. The Camp became a part of Fort Sam Houston in 1922.
Thanks
Assassin

Miners at Tipple mine with a blacksmith's shop, Thurber, Texas. courtesy UTA Special Collections
Assassin

TCU vs Baylor, 1940. Patricia McCracken, six years old, band mascot, sitting on the Baylor drum. She's the daughter of Everett McCracken, director of the band last year, and Mrs. Everett McCracken. courtesy UTA and FW Startelegram

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.