Jack Chambers (BackToJack) late 90s hall of fame bufans poster

12,555 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ScottS
BearChick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ha...Haven't been in Galveston in a month of Sundays, but yeah, that's me.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
bubear is on our premium side and we still agree and disagree. Still loves Baylor and a friend.
Stranger
Brian Ethridge said:

bubear is on our premium side and we still agree and disagree. Still loves Baylor and a friend.

What was the name of the site he hosted for a while?
Aliceinbubbleland
loadofcrap.com?
Fat Daddy
Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Bears Den?
Stranger
Fat Daddy said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Bears Den?

I think you're right. Actually I think it was

Thee Bear's Den
PartyBear
I thought bubear of he 90s and early 00s (the one talked about here) passed away several years ago. I don't know why I thought this. Perhaps his real identity isn't who I was thinking or am I right?
Ghost of ChokeU PartDeux
texas talk with jack chambers

https://i.postimg.cc/t4DhRP4d/IMG-1009.jpg
Pecos 45
The other sites that tried to start up during the BF.com days were lame.
They tried to say they were "the REAL Baylor" but were mostly tight a$$es who couldn't handle the truth, or free expression.
I hope they have all gone under.
Sicem365 is the heir to BF.com, and the heir to the old Bearmobile crowd at Floyd Casey.
To me, those were "the best of times."

(Yes, I miss Art Briles, so sue me.)
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
PartyBear
What is Bearmobile?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
PartyBear said:

What is Bearmobile?
A younger man than me had a bus painted green and gold and converted to hold a few beds and kegs. When we moved from the spot at the entrance, redfish and Wade (owner of Bearmobile) took over the tailgating scene.
Jokerman
The mention of Bear Belly just sent me off into a spasm. My, how I loved that dude.
His barbs with Jack (and Pea Weevil) were the stuff of dreams, my friends. Met Bear Belly together with Pea at a longago tailgate. Internet arguments don't always result in in-person icy-ness, that's for sure.
I love us.

Imma go put on my cranberry toupee' ... and, of course, a smart mauve pantsuit.
Naturally.
Baylor3216
Brian Ethridge said:

PartyBear said:

What is Bearmobile?
A younger man than me had a bus painted green and gold and converted to hold a few beds and kegs. When we moved from the spot at the entrance, redfish and Wade (owner of Bearmobile) took over the tailgating scene.

Redfish (Mike) was amazing. I believe came from Va Tech and really was a force in getting tailgating started when people were afraid to be seen with a beer.

Is he still around?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Baylor3216 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

PartyBear said:

What is Bearmobile?

Redfish (Mike) was amazing. I believe came from Va Tech and really was a force in getting tailgating started when people were afraid to be seen with a beer.

Is he still around?

Yes, he's been on premium since the get go. Great friend to us all.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Jokerman said:

The mention of Bear Belly just sent me off into a spasm. My, how I loved that dude.
His barbs with Jack (and Pea Weevil) were the stuff of dreams, my friends. Met Bear Belly together with Pea at a longago tailgate. Internet arguments don't always result in in-person icy-ness, that's for sure.
I love us.

Imma go put on my cranberry toupee' ... and, of course, a smart mauve pantsuit.
Naturally.

About 60% sure we were on a cruise together, but ran into each other late in the process and 10+ years since our last interaction. If it were not him, that look the guy gave me is understandable now.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Pea Weevil is somewhere near. Need him to chime in.
PartyBear
BearChick said:

PartyBear said:

I'm sorry to hear this. Bearchick believe it or not I was just remembering you and some others from way back on baylorfans the other day.

Oh my goodness...should I be scared?

Lol I just saw this. I was thinking about a bunch of old posters and posts a while back and wondered where they were.

I love some of the memories brought up here.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
PartyBear said:

BearChick said:

PartyBear said:

I'm sorry to hear this. Bearchick believe it or not I was just remembering you and some others from way back on baylorfans the other day.

Oh my goodness...should I be scared?

Lol I just saw this. I was thinking about a bunch of old posters and posts a while back and wondered where they were.

I love some of the memories brought up here.
We still keep in touch with many of them IRL.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Lots of memories of good times in this thread. Time marches on.
william
scattershooting while wondering if Ol' B2J ever saw a Javelina* before......

- tbp*

* in the wild.

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

william
fubar said:

.... Whatever happened to Loaded_For_Steele?
Hope BB is doing well - he was an interesting cat.....

As far as LFS is concerned- he was officially classed as 'Plumb Loco' by Order of some Court.

P*erhaps a p*Court.

He was "working" at an abandoned Stuckey's - 10 miles East of Gallup on I 40 - for about a year. Would show up and man the counter for a few hours each day. Shared the remainder of the Pecan Logs with whatever rodent happened by. Eventually they turned the water off and ....

Last I heard he had moved the '89 Olds 98* (Brougham, no less) up near Shiprock and was becoming a quasi member of the Tribe.

- LFS

* The LFS Manor.

PartyBear
I remember Loaded for Steele however I do t remember any post or thread specifically standing out.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
william said:

scattershooting while wondering if Ol' B2J ever saw a Javelina* before......

- tbp*

* in the wild.

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

Nopales tacos for all
RegentCoverup
william said:

Last I heard he had moved the '89 Olds 98* (Brougham, no less) up near Shiprock and was becoming a quasi member of the Tribe.

- LFS

* The LFS Manor.

Speaking of flashbacks, that velour interior would melt into your skin like a toxic chemical on a hot Texas day.

I'm glad the auto industry finally wised up and started their own mass-slaughter tanneries to produce leather, because that sucked.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
Mothra
Jokerman said:

Dadgummit.
Terrible news.
Jack was the consummate foil on the old BF.com site in its early heyday. We all took our turns sparring with him. Yes, it was oft sophomoric jabs at his expense. And we oft took it too far.
Of course, we forget there are human beings on the other end of our usernames. And Jack was never shy about revealing his actual identity and personality. It was one of the things that made Jack so very Jack around here.
RIP, my man.

Pro Ecclesia
Pro Texana
*sheesh*
*sigh*

Now here is a blast from the past. Good to see the jokerman posting again. It's been years. Now all we need to hear from is Baylor Dan.

Sad to hear about Jack. I actually met him once myself. He was a nice quirky guy. RIP.
Jokerman
Mothra said:

Now here is a blast from the past. Good to see the jokerman posting again. It's been years. Now all we need to hear from is Baylor Dan.

Sad to hear about Jack. I actually met him once myself. He was a nice quirky guy. RIP.
Jokerman remains within smoke signal distance of Baylor Dan, just in case messages need to be sent across the Canadian River. He's doing all right, I can affirm. Still don't no nothing. Still handing out Blake-Eddy Awards.

Never got to meet Jack. Too bad. I'm sure he was likable when he wasn't all a-rant on a message board. Jokerman is surprisingly aloof and introverted when he's not hiding behind a screen name. But he still loves hisself a good javelina and Puffalump conversation every now and then, of course.

And, daggonit... he'll always throw down a mauve pantsuit!
BaylorHistory
Stranger said:

baylorfans.com was a wild place back in the day filled with some really great characters. This place is mild by comparison.

Back2Jack was one of the most prolific posters on the board. He was controversial but never boring. Then one day he just quit.

The story doesn't mention his age. Does anyone know how old he was?

Rest In Peace, Jack.
This place is obviously much nicer, but I miss the old Bfans days when we were definitely going to be 3-8, but still believed in August that 6-5 was the floor. Much like McLane vs FCS on how I still miss FCS every Saturday in the fall even though it was worse than McLane in just about every way possible.
KEBasketball
Whatever will Jack's hot Colombian girlfriend do now??? Anyone remember that little chapter during his last incursion over at BFans?

Jack was a piece of work...used to show up to the Baylor preseason football and basketball events in Houston and hijack the agenda. Unfortunately heard him sing That Good Old Baylor Line and lead "Sic 'em Bears" on an impromptu basis at exactly the wrong time several years running.

I wish I could write another 10,000 words for this post in B2J's honor, but (alas) I have neither the time nor will...

- KEB

PartyBear
I thought he was married to his daughter's childhood friend. Did they divorce?

Did the poster Txkypreacherskid or something like that also pass? He was about like B2J.
Sam Lowry
PartyBear said:

Did the poster Txkypreacherskid or something like that also pass? He was about like B2J.
Jack was married to one of my classmates, but they were no longer together. I don't believe they had any connection prior to her attending Baylor.

RIP
fubar
PartyBear said:

txkypreacherskid (Buddy Moore) passed a couple of years ago. Played football at BU during the Bill Beall era.

Good dude.
ScottS
So sad Back2Jack missed the National title game in mbb. Or did he, looking down from above? RIP B2J.
KEBasketball
Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

Jack was married to one of my classmates, but they were no longer together. I don't believe they had any connection prior to her attending Baylor.

RIP
Was she blind???

pa and tia

- tlp*
fubar
KEBasketball said:

Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

RIP
Was she blind???

pa and tia

- tlp*
iyp

- tmlp*
KEBasketball
To be fair, there are a bunch of people who will dance with joy on the soft ground of my grave (if anyone even takes the time to bury me)...

- KEB

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.