Anyone else tired of our country being in this culture war?

2,753 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Redbrickbear
fadskier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm just ranting but it seems as if everything in our country is a fight...recism, CRT, LGBTQ, cancel culture, changing names because they might remind us of slavery, etc.

I'm ready to retire to another country, Canada is just as bad as they have government officials designated to police speech, etc.

My son's girlfreind is from Denmark and they don't have these problems. Why? 98% Danish...very, very few immigrants and strict immigration laws. Looks like most of the Nordic countires are the same way...having said that...has anyone looked into retiring to another country? I mean seriously. I've looked into Costa Rica, Panama and Ecuador...woudn't mind living there for a few years to try it out but the wife is a no go right now ....

Any thoughts?
BylrFan
denmark also has cost free healthcare and number of social programs.

america was born and bred on racism. Look at the UK, I would say the diversity is equivalent to ours but racism is much less prevalent along their peers. (from both sides)

Solid choices though. El Salvador has passed bitcoin as legal tender. Things might change in Central America as we know it.
fadskier
BylrFan said:

america was born and bred on racism. Look at the UK, I would say the diversity is equivalent to ours but racism is much less prevalent along their peers. (from both sides)

Solid choices though. El Salvador has passed bitcoin as legal tender. Things might change in Central America as we know it.
Denmark does have that and the girlfriend's parents attribute that to having one ethnicity and one common-core belief.

Also, I do not believe that America was born on racism. If they were, then every country has been bred on that. As a minority myself, I see the African-American community using racism too much...like every single thing that is unseccessful is due to racsim.

Almost every single country has slavery. Most African slaves were in Brazil. Brazil has less race issues than we have. At some point, we have to stop pointing at race as the basis for everything.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BylrFan said:

I think either the UK or El Salvador would be a great place for you. Perhaps we can start a Gofundme page to make it happen. I have no doubt you would want someone else to pay for it. Hope you can leave our horrible, racist country sooner than later and can make a spot for someone that wants to be here.

Bet the farm on Bitcoin, baby!!!! I hope you load up.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
fadskier
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BylrFan said:

I think either the UK or El Salvador would be a great place for you. Perhaps we can start a Gofundme page to make it happen. I have no doubt you would want someone else to pay for it. Hope you can leave our horrible, racist country sooner than later and can make a spot for someone that wants to be here.

I'm so tired about everything being about race. Yes we had slavery. Yes there was and still is racism in this country...there is in every country. So what?
Bexar Pitts
Actually, I'd like to be sittin' in front of the Barber Shop chewin' the fat with Floyd.
Redbrickbear
Liberals see cultural revolution as a path to power.

So this stuff is not going to stop for a long long time.

bularry
fadskier said:

BylrFan said:

Denmark does have that and the girlfriend's parents attribute that to having one ethnicity and one common-core belief.

Also, I do not believe that America was born on racism. If they were, then every country has been bred on that. As a minority myself, I see the African-American community using racism too much...like every single thing that is unseccessful is due to racsim.

Almost every single country has slavery. Most African slaves were in Brazil. Brazil has less race issues than we have. At some point, we have to stop pointing at race as the basis for everything.
I do not think Brazil has less race issues than we do.... that is not true
bularry
fadskier said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BylrFan said:

I'm so tired about everything being about race. Yes we had slavery. Yes there was and still is racism in this country...there is in every country. So what?
so what? wouldn't it be better if we didn't, though? I think that is the thought

Edit: I'm playing devil's advocate a bit. In truth, I'm tired of hearing about all the oppression myself....
GShack
My wife is Hispanic and we're both pretty tired of all the wokeness and victimhood. Even my employer shoves it down my throat. It is exhausting.

US also has a major financial crisis coming. It will not be pretty around here.

We'll likely wind up in Mexico or South America.
Redbrickbear
GShack said:

My wife is Hispanic and we're both pretty tired of all the wokeness and victimhood. Even my employer shoves it down my throat. It is exhausting.

The American elite through their academic/government/corporate/media power institutions seem hell bent on fomenting racial grievance and racial discord.

That combined with unmanageable levels of debt and possible hyper inflation down the road does not bode well for the nation.

If I was truly bilingual and if I had a trust fund....I might be looking at relocation abroad.

Everything is now on the table in the US....from possible course correction and rebirth...to a total South African/Weimar Germany type collapse.

Interesting times we are living in.

Porteroso
Definitely tired of it. Some ridiculous posts in this thread though.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
fadskier said:

I'm just ranting but it seems as if everything in our country is a fight...recism, CRT, LGBTQ, cancel culture, changing names because they might remind us of slavery, etc.

I'm ready to retire to another country, Canada is just as bad as they have government officials designated to police speech, etc.

My son's girlfreind is from Denmark and they don't have these problems. Why? 98% Danish...very, very few immigrants and strict immigration laws. Looks like most of the Nordic countires are the same way...having said that...has anyone looked into retiring to another country? I mean seriously. I've looked into Costa Rica, Panama and Ecuador...woudn't mind living there for a few years to try it out but the wife is a no go right now ....

Any thoughts?

Waving from a sunrise on a beach on cancun
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Bexar Pitts
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

fadskier said:

Any thoughts?

You have my deepest envy!
Bexar Pitts
Redbrickbear said:

GShack said:

The American elite through their academic/government/corporate/media power institutions seem hell bent on fomenting racial grievance and racial discord.

That combined with unmanageable levels of debt and possible hyper inflation down the road does not bound well for the nation.

If I was truly bilingual and if I had a trust fund....I might be looking at relocation abroad.

Everything is now on the table in the US....from possible course correction and rebirth...to a total South African/Weimar Germany type collapse.

Interesting times we are living in.

Redbrick, your post absolutely gets my attention...mainly because it's all too true.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Bexar Pitts said:

fadskier said:

Any thoughts?

I have a nice place here but really think i will bounce in 6 or 12 months. Thailand or cambodia.
Bexar Pitts

Bexar Pitts said:

fadskier said:

Any thoughts?

I have a nice place here but really think i will bounce in 6 or 12 months. Thailand or cambodia.
Best regards, amigo! Keep a watchful eye out for old Khmer Rouge "leftovers".
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Always felt much safer there than downtown SA or Houston. BTW, the killing fields of Phnom Pehn are chilling and will really make one think. The country still hasnt recovered.
fadskier

Bexar Pitts said:

fadskier said:

Any thoughts?

Do you speak several languages?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I get by with spanish. My thai is rough but its good enough and close enough to work in Loas and Cambodia. Very little Chinese or Arabic. I could probably test out bilingual but noy polyglot
SMack
I am not tired of the culture war yet.

I will be by next week, though.
Coke Bear

I get by with spanish. My thai is rough but its good enough and close enough to work in Loas and Cambodia. Very little Chinese or Arabic. I could probably test out bilingual but noy polyglot
Ghostrider
BylrFan said:

87% of the UK is white. They are no where near as diverse as the USA (59.7% white).
Redbrickbear
Ghostrider said:

BylrFan said:

87% of the UK is white. They are no where near as diverse as the USA (59.7% white).
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/white-britons-will-be-minority-2070-says-professor-8600262.html

The UK is rapidly being colonized by 3rd world peoples.

In fact in 30 years they might be in a worse situation than the USA.

American's largest immigrant groups right now are Latin Americans (broadly cultural westerns themselves and Christian) and East Asians (high IQ/high net income earners).

UK's immigrants tend to be Pakistani Muslims, other middle eastern Muslim background groups, and now Africans. With more cultural differences and in a small area of land about the size of Oregon.

They are in for a more troubled 21st century than us.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.