* * Anybody using Fitbit or something like it?

1,129 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by KEBasketball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Considering purchasing a Fitbit watch or something like it and was wondering if any of you were using it?
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Fat Daddy
What do you do. What do you want it to do?

I started with a FitBit several years ago. Pretty basic.

When it broke I went with a Garmin vivoactive HR. It's not the same one I started with.but the same model.

When I got it I was running but now I only walk but I still enjoy it.

Of course it counts steps.

But it tracks my run / walk routes with GPS. Gives current pace, pace of each split, total time, average pace , heart rate, etc.

Can do various activities.

And has a bunch of features I don't use!

My son has a Garmin "something" (can't remember which one) but he does a lot more stuff. Running, swimming, biking, pelaton. He does some tri's and it can do those and separate the events.
Fat Daddy
Will download to Garmin Connect-

here are a few screenshots from Connect-

Mr Tulip
I use the Garmin Vivoactive 2 or 3 or something. It's a circle watch type thing.

It keeps track if the steps and heart rate, sleep and "stress" (not sure exactly what that last one is or what it means). I use it primarily to collect data on my bike rides. It does a rudimentary VO2max estimation by combining data (only a lab test can definitively measure VO2max).

It also does various smart-watch things like control music when I'm riding. It will alert and display text messages and other things if I let it, but I consider that a data leak and have disabled most of it.

Really, all it does is add a little psychological pressure to stay moving at work.
4th and Inches
I used to have one of them fancy ones you wore on your ankle but the state took it back..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Assassin
do any of them show calories burned?
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Fat Daddy
Assassin said:

Most Garnins.

Garmin has a good website

And if you are in Waco, visit Waco Running (on Franklin) they should be able to help you!
Assassin
Fat Daddy said:

Assassin said:

Most Garnins.

And if you are in Waco, visit Waco Running (on Franklin) they should be able to help you!
Dallas. Close to White Rock. I do a ton of biking but knees need replacing next year/broke spine a dozen yeas ago so I can barely walk.
Assassin
I use Strava, the paid version so Let me check it out fist. Uses satelite tech for mileage.
Assassin
Assassin said:

I use Strava, the paid version so Let me check it out fist. Uses satelite tech for mileage.
https://www.strava.com/mobile
Fat Daddy
Assassin said:

Fat Daddy said:

Assassin said:

Most Garnins.

Dallas. Close to White Rock. I do a ton of biking but knees need replacing next year/broke spine a dozen yeas ago so I can barely walk.

You can see the Garmins and get some great advice at Luke's Locker Room!
Fat Daddy
Assassin said:

I am also on Strava . And Map My.

Garmin Connect downloads (automatic once you set it up) to Strava.

KEBasketball
Assassin said:

Both will show calorie burn. The Garmin product has a lot of very useful data for training and performance, and there are add-ons that will take that even further for a cyclist. I especially enjoy the power meter technology for my bike (Garmin pedals), and you can get a handlebar mounted nav device (Garmin Edge device) that lets you see your performance stats more easily during a ride.

Garmin is improving with its sleep monitoring (this was always a strength of Fitbit). The one thing my Fitbit Sense will do that the Garmin (I have a Fenix 6x+ Pro) does not directly handle is taking an EKG.

- KEB
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.