* * Spectrum 400 program vs the new T-Mobile's Home Internet

1,906 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ghostrider
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Currently we use the Spectrum 400m program I have hooked to 7 Google Mesh pods. Its pretty reliable (UNLESS SOMEONE DOESNT READ THE 'DON'T MOVE THIS EQUIPMENT') I have printed and under each pod. I'm in a 104 year old, 4,000 sq ft house in Dallas. It took forever to place the Mesh pods in the correct location.

Spectrum just went up to $100/mo (all we use is internet and Amazon Prime and PBS) .

Just got an ad for the TMobile https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/t-mobile-home-internet which is a flat $50 with equipment furnished. Uses the WiFI 6 protocol and you can make 4 and 5g wifi calls

https://www.allconnect.com/blog/t-mobile-5g-home-internet-review

Wondering if anyone is using it now and if so, what do you think?
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
btw - that youtube is old, new data claims that it interacts with MESH just fine
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
a newer youtube
Keyser Soze
It is all about the new customer.

If you are hesitant to switch just call and act like it - you will get a better rate.

Have Google Mesh as well .... people bashing equipment in 3, 2, 1 ....
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

If you are hesitant to switch just call and act like it - you will get a better rate.

I love Google Mesh. I get about 450m in at entry point and it goes to 10 devices. this PC and laptop and my TV are the farthest away and still get 25-40, sometimes 80ish
BellCountyBear
Currently on Viasat in the country. It sucks! Would this work for someone with no cable or DSL?
Assassin
BellCountyBear said:

Currently on Viasat in the country. It sucks! Would this work for someone with no cable or DSL?
Only if tyou can get TMoible in your area. Works off wifi
Keyser Soze
Love how one provider is touting upload speeds - for the vast majority it is about download speed
Jakedasnake
We have this at our ranch property in Hempstead and is a Godsend for getting work done out there. Also watching the occasional streaming show. Big fan.
- Jacob
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Just did a factory reset using the new HOME App. Worked pretty well once I found out that the + was in the upper left corner
Keyser Soze
location matters a great deal - ok now but thinking about fine tuning.

fti Had a cusomer on Swiss having first Halloween. 700 pieces of candy and out very early.
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

location matters a great deal - ok now but thinking about fine tuning.

fti Had a cusomer on Swiss having first Halloween. 700 pieces of candy and out very early.
Its a mob scene out there by 9pm. Looked out my window and you couldnt see the street, the island in the middle and the street on the other side. After 9 its just kids looking for trouble so the cops start to run them off
Edmond Bear
BellCountyBear said:

Also on Viasat and hate it. Get 100m download speeds but really slow ping time and frequent drops. Makes remote working tough.

Freaking Gigabyte level internet is a half mile from me but AT&T wants $30k to bring it to my 10 home neighborhood.

Will check out T-mobile.

Ghostrider
I have 1 gb speeds on my fiber optic lines. On wifi I am pushing a slow 600 mb
73s de N4WJP
Ghostrider said:

I have 1 gb speeds on my fiber optic lines. On wifi I am pushing a slow 600 mb
Which speed test are you using? Different tests can vary wildly.

Try running speedtest.net, then fast.com. I also recommend running a test several times in a row, then taking an average of the results for a more accurate reading.

Are you hard wired into your router or wireless. That almost always makes a big difference. When I had AT&T 1 gig down, my wired service would be around 940mbps, but wireless was usually 600mbps or so.
Ghostrider
I used Speedtest. Yes wired is 900+. Wireless is 600-700
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.