Story Poster
Photo by Jim Black
Baylor Football

79 Days till Kickoff: JT Woods Drafted 79th Overall by the Chargers

June 16, 2022

As always, keep track of both the stats and roster countdowns in the Offseason Hub!

With 79 days to go until Baylor kicks off its 2022 football season, let’s look back at one of last year’s best players: JT Woods.

The 2.5-year starter at safety was drafted by the Los Angeles Chargers with the 79th overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft.

Woods played in 50 games for the Bears across his four years in Waco. He racked up 28 starts, 157 total tackles, 9 interceptions, 4 fumbles recovered, and one sack. The interceptions in particular helped him live up to his nickname “The Heartbreak Kid”. The San Antonio native also amassed 201 interception return yards and a 97-yard scoop and score against Texas Southern. He capped off his Baylor career in fashion by grabbing two interceptions against Ole Miss in the 2022 Sugar Bowl.

Woods is now on a team with a young star QB, Justin Herbert, and great ambition, having missed the playoffs the last three years in a row.

Discussion from...

79 Days till Kickoff: JT Woods Drafted 79th Overall by the Chargers

1,663 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by historian
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd like to see Woods break a few hearts in the NFL!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
historian
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.