Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,044 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gust Avrakotos said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

I don't understand letting Joe Baker go. He patched together a decent defensive backfield despite massive regressions by Anthony Brown, Byron Jones and Orlando Scandrick and having to play a bunch of rookies.

Looks like they think Greg Jackson had more to do with that than Joe Baker
Jackson is the safeties coach. So he should get credit for Xavier Woods, but the blame for Byron Jones.

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/948224289756631040?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E2

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/948224289756631040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Byron Jones was freaking horrible this year. What happened to that guy?

What happen to you today at lunch?

Yeah, Jones has regressed and probably should have been a corner all along.
BearForce
And now this...be worried, be very worried:

Report: Texans want to talk to Cowboys Will McClay about open position

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/1/5/16854372/report-texans-want-to-talk-to-cowboys-will-mcclay-about-open-position

BaylorProud77
Omg. He needs to take Jerry's place
BaylorProud77
As general manager!
Assassin
BearForce said:

And now this...be worried, be very worried:

Report: Texans want to talk to Cowboys Will McClay about open position

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/1/5/16854372/report-texans-want-to-talk-to-cowboys-will-mcclay-about-open-position
McClay will leave at some time in the future I think. Not sure it will be this year. Not sure the Texans are the best bet for him. Without those top draft pick, his job will be much harder
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
Something Jerry has taken the heat for over the years from the Landry loyalists;

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/88825/BRIGHT-SAYS-HE-REGRETS-NOT-FIRING-LANDRY-HIMSELF.html
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
GoldMind
Man, Terry Glenn was drunk as a mug when he wrecked out. Sad choices.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
big loss for us;

Derek Dooley has been hired to be the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for Missouri football, the school announced Friday.
BearForce
Could be...rumor out there now that Rod Marnelli may retire too.
BaylorProud77
Omg!
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
If you have the right QB, you really dont need receivers

BaylorProud77
Who are y'all yelling for in this game or do you even care?
BearForce
Don't care
BaylorProud77
Me neither
BaylorProud77
What do these blank little squares mean?
BaylorProud77
Oh never mind. Twitter duh
BearForce
Sounds like KLess is the new QB coach...and now let me barf in pease
Assassin
BearForce said:

A source told Sporting News that Kellen Moore is expected to retire and become the Cowboys' new quarterbacks coach.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

A source told Sporting News that Kellen Moore is expected to retire and become the Cowboys' new quarterbacks coach.

Great way to treat your franchise QB....SMH
Assassin
one less qb coming out in the draft

BaylorProud77
Happy for Stidham but really hurts my heart when he says Auburn Family. It should be that way but it hard to swallow at times
Assassin
hell of a INT by Ramsey...

Looks like Barry Church will last another week. Starting S for a pretty strong Jacksonville D
He got a four-year, $21.6-million contract with $12 million fully guaranteed
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Great way to treat your franchise QB....SMH
You know I'm not as beat up on this as you. The one thing we've heard over and over with Moore is that he knows the game. Knows each players assignments. Will make a better coach than a player.

We're about to find out
Assassin
For the first time in his career, DeMarcus Lawrence is an All-Pro. The four-year veteran defensive end is one of two Cowboys players voted to The Associated Press 2017 NFL All-Pro second team, joining guard Zack Martin. After a back injury limited Lawrence to just nine games in 2016, he started all 16 games this season and post career-high 14.5 sacks tied for second in the NFL.

This is Martin's fourth consecutive All-Pro selection since entering the league as the Cowboys' first-round pick in 2014.

Both players were voted to the Pro Bowl that takes place Jan. 28 in Orlando, Fla
Gust Avrakotos
BearForce said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

I don't understand letting Joe Baker go. He patched together a decent defensive backfield despite massive regressions by Anthony Brown, Byron Jones and Orlando Scandrick and having to play a bunch of rookies.

Looks like they think Greg Jackson had more to do with that than Joe Baker
Jackson is the safeties coach. So he should get credit for Xavier Woods, but the blame for Byron Jones.

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/948224289756631040?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E2

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/948224289756631040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Byron Jones was freaking horrible this year. What happened to that guy?

What happen to you today at lunch?

Yeah, Jones has regressed and probably should have been a corner all along.

Thought business would have me in Dallas but it didn't pan out. Sorry. Was hoping to meet you and the others.
Gust Avrakotos
Assassin said:

big loss for us;

Derek Dooley has been hired to be the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for Missouri football, the school announced Friday.

Our WRs have been nothing but average under Dooley. This is addition by subtraction.
Gust Avrakotos
BearForce said:

I can't believe how much money we have spent on that guy who has literally added nothing.
Assassin
Despite missing only 35 snaps the entire season, Zack Martin did not commit a single penalty.
Assassin
DAL FREE AGENCY: LAWRENCE'S AGENT COULD COMPLICATE NEGOTIATIONS

It's no secret DeMarcus Lawrence had his best season as a Dallas Cowboy in 2017. Lawrence finished with 14.5 sacks (led the team and ranked third in the NFL) and four forced fumbles (led the team and tied for fourth in the NFL). More importantly for himself, he was rewarded with a 2017 Associated Press Second Team All-Pro award on Friday, along with some of the best players around the NFL.

As I mentioned above, the Cowboys' fourth-year edge rusher had his best year in by far his most important year as a player in the National Football League.

At the conclusion of the 2017 season, Lawrence along with many other players is set to be a free agent. Luckily for DeMarcus, he plays a position heralded as one of the most important positions on the football field.

Unfortunately for the Cowboys, they will have to open up their checkbooks if they want to bring him back in 2018.

To put it in perspective for you, Olivier Vernon is the top-paid defensive end in all of football. He signed a 5-year, $85,000,000 contract with the New York Giants in 2016, including a $20,000,000 signing bonus, $52,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $17,000,000.

Before signing that contract with the Giants, Vernon had produced 21.5 sacks in four seasons (64 games) with Miami. DeMarcus Lawrence has produced 23.5 sacks in four seasons with Dallas, but has only played in 48 games due to injury and suspension.

Why am I comparing the two, you might ask:
  • DeMarcus Lawrence and his agent will likely use Vernon's contract to set a starting point for negotiations to begin. Lawrence's side will certainly compare the production to the amount of games played, and the Cowboys' side will bring up the injury history and suspension. When #90 isn't on the field, the Cowboys' defense isn't anywhere as scary as with him on it. I'm sure Jerry and Stephen Jones will push that in an attempt to lower his price tag.
  • The second reason I am comparing the two, and this is NOT good news for the Dallas Cowboys, is that both Olivier Vernon and DeMarcus Lawrence share the same agent DEC Management.

While every signing is a case-by-case scenario, this one may not fall in the Cowboys' favor.

While injuries and a suspension have kept Lawrence off the field, when on the field, he has been a much more disruptive player than Vernon. DeMarcus and his agent, David Canter, both know if the Cowboys aren't willing to pay the price for Lawrence's services, another team most certainly will.

Luckily for the Cowboys, they do have the option to franchise tag DeMarcus Lawrence if they can't get a long-term deal done.

A franchise tag would put him on the field for the Cowboys' in 2018, but would cost the team somewhere around 17-million dollars. For both sides, it makes more sense to try to get an extension done before we get to Oxnard, California in July.

It will be very interesting to see how these negotiations play out, as both sides have plenty of arguments to get the price tag where they feel comfortable signing a long-term deal.

The big questions to be asked are still, how much does DeMarcus Lawrence want to stay in Dallas, and how much effect will his agent have on negotiations? We may find out sooner rather than later.
BaylorProud77
That Buffalo QB was horrible! Just sayin. Watching Drew Breeze. Now there's a QB!
Assassin
Will McClay informs Texans he is not interested in their GM position and will remain with Cowboys per @McClain_on_NFL #DallasCowboys
BearForce
Assassin said:

Will McClay informs Texans he is not interested in their GM position and will remain with Cowboys per @McClain_on_NFL #DallasCowboys

And maybe not...
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/1/7/16861210/the-will-he-or-wont-he-will-mcclay-saga-may-not-be-over-for-dallas-cowboys-2018-changes
Assassin
First Page Last Page
Page 124 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.