Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,671 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by BearkatBear
Franko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AT&T is beautiful, majestic, and magnificent. But it has the feel of a 5 star hotel which creates an atmosphere of class and civility. Two things that are not conducive to a home field advantage.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
BearForce
D. C. Bear said:

I bet ATT wold be just fine if the Cowboys would actually win again.

It is already fine...but like most modern stadiums it isnt what I would call iconic. Texas Stadium, RFK, the original Soldier Field, Lambeau, old Cleveland Stadium, Aerohead, etc.
Hotsauce
Our chances of returning to the SB are dead and buried with Texas Stadium.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Cowboys roster update: Dallas adding former Giants safety Darian Thompson

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/10/9/17956842/cowboys-roster-update-dallas-adding-former-giants-safety-darian-thompson
why was he released by the Giants
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Because he was horrible???
Assassin
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Awuzzie may not play Sunday. Hopefully they let Jordan play CB and leave Brown in the slot
Assassin
Cowboys DL David Irving will make his regular season debut Sunday.
Irving returned from suspension last week but wasn't active. He's been dealing with off-field issues going back to training camp. Irving is a difference-maker when on the field, but he hasn't played since last Week 13. The Cowboys are hoping he'll provide a boost to their defensive line.

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter
Oct 12 - 6:49 PM
GoldMind
Hotsauce said:

Our chances of returning to the SB are dead and buried with Texas Stadium.

Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
This guy keeps popping up. one of our old draftees

Dolphins released OT Sam Young. Young struggled replacing a concussed Laremy Tunsil in Week 5. He played well over six starts last year and shouldn't struggle to resurface. Zach Sterup replaces Young as Miami's swing tackle. Oct 13 - 2:04 PM
Assassin
Jalen Ramsey (questionable, knee) is expected to play Week 6 against the Cowboys. Ramsey shows up on the injury report most weeks but has yet to miss a game in his three-year career. Jacksonville's stud corner should have his way against the Cowboys' bottom-tier pass-catching corps.
Wichitabear
We must have a good draft this year. I am getting depressed
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

We must have a good draft this year. I am getting depressed

Drafts of late arent the problem...leadership is. That and maybe it's time to really realize that the Air Coryell offense may be past its prime in the NFL. It demands so many things in terms of QB and WR play that are hard to find now.
Wichitabear
I understand. Growing up I was just so use to having the higher talent and the best players. Spoiled. Lol We need new blood. I want new receivers and a good TE. A new coach.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

I understand. Growing up I was just so use to having the higher talent and the best players. Spoiled. Lol We need new blood. I want new receivers and a good TE. A new coach.

Well like the video I posted of Tom Landry, the Dallas Cowboys we grew up with were innovators on and off the field...they were disruptors to the NFL norm. Today we are slaves to the status quo, as in the 1990s Cowboys.
Wichitabear
Really hard not being the innovators now. I want a QB that throws down field beyond 15 yards A bomb every once in a while and not a dink!
BearForce
Redskins looking good so far against Carolina. Alex Smith is going to help them.
Wichitabear
I hate the redskins bearforce!!!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

I hate the redskins bearforce!!!

Agree but facts are facts...besides I truly hate the Fecals more
Wichitabear
They are both equals in my mind lol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

They are both equals in my mind lol

Oh no, not when you factor in their fans...
Wichitabear
Oh yes even then!!!! Your wrong bearforce. Lol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Oh yes even then!!!! Your wrong bearforce. Lol
nope, redskin fans dont cheer injuries, throw batteries or bags of urine, or are just plain violent. Fecal fans do!
Wichitabear
Whoa. Really? I guess obnoxious can't beat that! Ok your 're right. By a tad lol.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Well like the video I posted of Tom Landry, the Dallas Cowboys we grew up with were innovators on and off the field...they were disruptors to the NFL norm. Today we are slaves to the status quo, as in the 1990s Cowboys.
and then the NFL grew past Landry. Some of his teams of the 80s had more talent this either of his Super Bowl teams. But he wouldnt adapt his offense and stuck with the Flex D. That was one of the many issues he and Bum Bright had

You have to continually adapt and change in the NFL these days
Wichitabear
Agree.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Whoa. Really? I guess obnoxious can't beat that! Ok your 're right. By a tad lol.

And in case you need proof, surely you haven't forgotten this:

Wichitabear
I will have to go to youtube. That little message came up. Not going to show
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

and then the NFL grew past Landry. Some of his teams of the 80s had more talent this either of his Super Bowl teams. But he wouldnt adapt his offense and stuck with the Flex D. That was one of the many issues he and Bum Bright had

You have to continually adapt and change in the NFL these days

Agree which is why Jerry was right to remove him but he got stale after almost 20 years and still had 3 NFC Championship game appearances in a row in the 80s. What do we have post Jimmy and Barry?
Wichitabear
Nothing
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Nothing

Thank you
Wichitabear
You're welcome.
Assassin
Former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson: 'I look for Jason Garrett to be there for quite a long time'
By Brad Townsend , Staff Writer Contact Brad Townsendon Twitter:@townbrad

Jimmy Johnson's airtime on Fox has been significantly reduced this season, because that's how he wants it to be, but when he does air his opinions, especially about the Cowboys, it's not hard to imagine viewers all over America leaning closer to the TVs.

You know, kind of like those 1970s EF Hutton commercials.

Sunday's Fox pregame show is tailor-made for Cowboys discussion, what with two-time Super Bowl-winning coach Johnson, former 1310 "The Ticket" host Curt Menefee and longtime North Texas resident Terry Bradshaw on the set.

On Sunday morning, with the Cowboys at 2-3 entering today's home game against Jacksonville and fans still bemoaning last week's overtime loss at Houston, Menefee fired a point-blank question at Johnson:

"Jimmy, I want you to look big-picture here with Dallas. Forget the going-for-it-on-fourth down there. A lot of people are saying, 'Maybe the time has run out on Jason Garrett there with the Cowboys.' Do you think he's there long-term?"

Johnson, 75, made a frowny face and tilted his head to the left. Then he gave an emphatic answer that no-doubt made a sizable portion of Cowboys fans cringe.

Johnson: "Well, first of all, I didn't agree with the decision to punt the football on fourth down. But the key for Jason Garrett is his relationship with the owner, Jerry Jones. And I think that's very good. You say, 'Well, he's only won one playoff game in eight years.' Well, they had a great coach there, Bill Parcells. He didn't win any playoff games, so that's not a factor.

"The whole thing is "Are they going to get better?" And I think they will."

Really? Apparently, the great Johnson sees possibilities in this Cowboys team that fans and reporters simply aren't seeing. Johnson lifted his right hand and began counting reasons on his fingers.

"I know (Dak) Prescott can play much better than he's played the last couple of weeks. I know they're going to get healthy. They're going to try to go out and get 'em a receiver.

"They will be better. I look for Jason Garrett to be there for quite a long time."

Bradshaw: "Jerry likes Jason."

Johnson: "He likes him."

Bradshaw: "And that's the most important thing. None of this other stuff matters."

Menefee: "He doesn't want to fire him."

Not surprisingly, over on CBS's NFL Today, the Cowboys were a topic of lively discussion. Why? Because they're the Cowboys. And because CBS is airing today's game against Jacksonville.

Bill Cowher, Phil Simms and Nate Burleson weighed in on Dallas' offensive woes and then Boomer Esiason concluded the discussion by, well, lowering the boom on Garrett and Prescott.

Cowher called the Cowboys a one-dimensional team that lacks playmakers and play-calling creativity.

"When you're one-dimensional, you're easy to defend," he said.

Simms: "They've thrown fewer 20-plus-yard passes than any team in the league." He added that Dallas has no wide receivers who can create separation and said it's incumbent on the coaching staff to implement "movement, creativity, deception. These are things to slow defenses down. The Cowboys don't do it."

Burleson: "I'm going to take a stand that not too many people are saying about the Cowboys. And that's that they have enough. I'll disagree with you and say they have playmakers.

"Dak Prescott is an absolute monster, when he goes out there and throws a TD and zero interceptions he's 18-0. They know they have the best running back in football when he gets going. And the wide receivers: Cole Beasley, when they were 13-3, he was their leading wide receiver. Hurns is a 1,000-yard receiver once before. You've got Gallup who has shown flashes. There's different individuals who can make plays for this team.

"I'm just looking for them to be creative. So I'm not going to call out my former coach, Scott Linehan, but I'll challenge him and say, 'Scott, let's go in and dig into that Trick-or-treat bag. It's almost Haloween, let's show people that this offense can get creative.

Esiason (shaking his head): "You know, there's not enough time to do that. We all know that. There's just not enough time in a week to get something like this done.

"At the end of the day, I put this on Jason Garrett. He had a chance to win a game last week by being aggressive. He wasn't. That was a seminal moment for them. And I think the inaccuracy of Dak Prescott is hurting those receivers downfield, as well."
Assassin
Assassin
Cowboys inactives vs. Jaguars: WR Brice Butler, QB Mike White, LB Joe Thomas, LB Sean Lee, DT Caraun Reid, OG Xavier Su'a-Filo and TE Dalton Schultz.
First Page Last Page
Page 220 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.