Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,333 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Isnt Shawn Oakman technically a FA? Seems like Dallas could take a shot there. maybe a PS shot so he has time to get back in the mix

I dont know if he ever got to enter the draft...if he didnt I would think he would have to declare.
Not sure since he is well past the senior season. Also he signed on a couple of indoor minor league football pro teams. Nothing to report there, so I'm not sure if he actually got on the field or not
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
I would not be unhappy with this draft assuming no Earl Thomas.

Keep an eye out for Isabella, for the 2018 season, 102 receptions for 1,698 yards and 13 touchdowns. 4.26 forty

58: R2P26
S JUAN THORNHILL
VIRGINIA

90: R3P26
WR ANDY ISABELLA
UMASS

128: R4P26
DL ANTHONY NELSON
IOWA

136: R4P34
TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M

165: R5P27
OT COLTON JACKSON
ARKANSAS

241: R7P27
RB L.J. SCOTT
MICHIGAN ST
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
BearForce
1: R2P26
DL LJ COLLIER
TCU

2: R3P26
RB ELIJAH HOLYFIELD
GEORGIA

3: R4P26
EDGE AUSTIN BRYANT
CLEMSON

4: R4P34
S DARNELL SAVAGE, JR.
MARYLAND

5: R5P27
WR JALEN HURD
BAYLOR

6: R7P27
OT YOSH NIJMAN
VIRGINIA TECH
Assassin
dont know much about this guy but imagine him as a receiving TE...

Assassin
TE Fant - could be there in the 2nd

Assassin

One thing about Jerry, he is an absolute when it comes to his own people. Even in the middle of an extension talk, he says this. Gotta love the guy for that

BearForce
Assassin said:

TE Fant - could be there in the 2nd

doubt it but between him, his Iowa teammate and Irv Smith, those are my guys.
BearForce
This might be worth watching...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/02/seahawks-officially-releasing-malik-mcdowell/
Assassin
BearForce said:

This might be worth watching...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/02/seahawks-officially-releasing-malik-mcdowell/
no kidding
Assassin
Clarence Hill Jr2h

Per a source, the Cowboys want Cole Beasley to come back but also also struggling with his contract demands of $20 million guaranteed
Assassin
Wichitabear
Really. Well I've been playing my butt off with the Lady Bears. Then the little blue box comes up. We barely won the game!!!! Good for DeMarcus
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Really. Well I've been playing my butt off with the Lady Bears. Then the little blue box comes up. We barely won the game!!!! Good for DeMarcus
I would be surprised if he signs it - or if he doesnt get a fat new deal before the season
Wichitabear
Well, I could certainly use 20 million dollars.
Assassin
BtB notes DT Renal Wren to the Cowboys in the 2nd

6' 4 7/8" and 318 pounds, with 33 7/8" arms and a wingspan of 81 6/8", He had a 32" vertical jump, a 118" broad jump, a 7.65 3-cone drill, and a 4.53 short shuttle.
Assassin
640 Miami's Andy Slater reports the Eagles and Cowboys have both expressed interest in trading for Duke Johnson.
Slater isn't a typical Rotoworld source, but he has real connections this time of year. On top of that, Johnson is a Miami alum, so there's likely some fire where this smoke is coming from. It's no secret the Browns have deemed Johnson expendable after signing Kareem Hunt to go with Nick Chubb. Johnson can likely be had for a Day 3 draft pick considering his contract status as one of the league's higher-paid running backs. The Eagles would be a nice landing spot.

RELATED: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles
SOURCE: Andy Slater on Twitter
Mar 4, 2019, 8:05 PM
Wichitabear
I don't want the Eagles to get anything decent or great
Assassin
Dallas has at least commenced talks with Thomas' camp, according to a report. It remains to be seen if they will do the same with Landon Collins.

The 6-foot, 218-pound Collins has already been named to three Pro Bowls and one All-Pro team (2016, first team), racking up 428 combined tackles, 32 passed defended, eight interceptions and 22 tackles for loss along the way.

In a recent film breakdown of defensive players the Cowboys could target in free agency, SportsDay special contributor John Owning argued that Collins may be a better fit than Thomas in the Dallas secondary:
When examining the Dallas' safeties, it doesn't take long to figure out that strong safety is a much bigger need than free safety for the Cowboys. He's nowhere near perfect, but [Xavier] Woods has proven to be a capable deep safety who is an asset to the Cowboys defense. Jeff Heath, on the other hand, missed 13 tackles against the run (most among safeties in the NFL, per PFF) while also struggling in coverage.
If the Cowboys opted to target Collins instead of Thomas, it would allow them to fill one of their biggest needs with a player who has a proven track record of thriving at that position.
But because he's four years younger than Thomas (who turns 30 in May) and not coming off a serious injury like Thomas is (leg fracture), Collins will probably come at a bigger price.

ESPN reported that Collins is looking to receive top safety money, a bar the Kansas City Chiefs' Eric Berry currently sets as the league's highest-paid safety at $13 million per year. Playing under the franchise tag in 2019 would've paid Collins $11.15 million.
Wichitabear
Ok Bearforce, it's time for you to respond. Too quiet. These are great posts Assassin is putting up. We know your not flying on a secret mission for the government. So
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Ok Bearforce, it's time for you to respond. Too quiet. These are great posts Assassin is putting up. We know your not flying on a secret mission for the government. So

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/3/5/18248723/free-agency-focus-if-not-earl-thomas-what-are-cowboys-options-at-safety
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

I don't want the Eagles to get anything decent or great

I don't want the eagles fans to have anything.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
Jason Witten has officially signed his contract with the Cowboys. It's a $2 million base salary with incentives that could pay him up to $5 million for the 2019 season
Assassin
BearForce
Very nice mock by BtB:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/3/6/18250513/cowboys-focused-7-round-mock-draft-after-the-combine-charles-omenihu-terry-mclaurin-nick-bosa
Assassin
    Cowboys re-signed LB Justin March-Lillard.March-Lillard joined the Cowboys midway through 2017 and became a trusted special teamer. The early re-sign suggests his 53-man roster spot is secure for 2019, though that is never a guarantee for players on the fringes.SOURCE: Calvin Watkins on TwitterMar 7, 2019, 2:47 PM
Assassin
BearForce said:

Very nice mock by BtB:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/3/6/18250513/cowboys-focused-7-round-mock-draft-after-the-combine-charles-omenihu-terry-mclaurin-nick-bosa
outside of Justice Hill from Okie Lite and Redwine from Miami, I dont know any of these
Assassin
Cowboys re-signed S Darian Thompson to a one-year, $720,000 contract.
Thompson was a restricted free agent, but the Cowboys are bringing him back for much less than the lowest tender. A former third-round pick by the Giants, Thompson was mostly limited to special teams last season, but he could carve out a role on defense with a good offseason.
SOURCE: ESPN
Mar 7, 2019, 10:16 AM
Assassin
Ex-Baylor DE Shawn Oakman wants a chance to play in the NFL.
"I want to play football at the highest level and just really finally get my chance," Oakman told KWTX Waco last week. Oakman was found not guilty of sexual assault last month after being arrested days before the NFL Draft back in 2016. He went undrafted following the arrest, and the only football he has played since was for a couple of small indoor teams. It seems unlikely he lands on a roster.
SOURCE: KWTX
Mar 7, 2019, 8:20 AM
GoldMind
Assassin said:

"I want to play football at the highest level and just really finally get my chance," Oakman told KWTX Waco last week. Oakman was found not guilty of sexual assault last month after being arrested days before the NFL Draft back in 2016. He went undrafted following the arrest, and the only football he has played since was for a couple of small indoor teams. It seems unlikely he lands on a roster.
Cmon Jerry, do what you do.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

He's certainly worth a camp invite. See if he can be our new Too Tall but thinking more at DT
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

He's certainly worth a camp invite. See if he can be our new Too Tall but thinking more at DT

I think there's some value there. Hes still a beast, just needs to get into shape.
Wichitabear
Ok. Let's hope he still has it. I'm pulling for him.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Ok. Let's hope he still has it. I'm pulling for him.

Based on when we last saw him on a field, he better go find it.
Wichitabear
I know. Trying to be positive. I really think it's a mistake. Maybe he just needed a little rest. Lol
BearForce
ESPN: Sources - Broncos trading Keenum to Redskins.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26174723/sources-broncos-trading-keenum-redskins
First Page Last Page
Page 284 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.