Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,696 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by BearkatBear
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey, it happens.
Wichitabear
That was however a nice sack.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

That was however a nice sack.

Why yes it was
Assassin
The Jets have been receiving calls about defensive lineman Leonard Williams and wide receiver Robby Anderson, according to sources. The Cowboys were among the teams that called about Williams and expressed interest, but then they traded for former New England defensive lineman Michael Bennett, taking them out of the mix for Williams.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

The Jets have been receiving calls about defensive lineman Leonard Williams and wide receiver Robby Anderson, according to sources. The Cowboys were among the teams that called about Williams and expressed interest, but then they traded for former New England defensive lineman Michael Bennett, taking them out of the mix for Williams.

Depending on the price, I wouldn't mind doubling down with Williams.
Wichitabear
This game is over. I blame Cole Beasley. I only saw him once. What happen to him???? Lolololol or was this where I even saw him. Split screen today. Buffalo stinks!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

This game is over. I blame Cole Beasley. I only saw him once. What happen to him???? Lolololol or was this where I even saw him. Split screen today. Buffalo stinks!

Yep
Assassin
Giants slip past the Lions
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

Not quite
Assassin
Skins lose to the Vikes. Skin fans have gotta be freaking on thier #1 pick. Dwayne Haskins In two games -- he relieved Keenum and played 2 quarters against the New York Giants in Week 4 -- Haskins has thrown 22 passes and four interceptions.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Not quite
But the Lions paid off ESPN to misreport the final numbers. LIONS WIN! Damn you ESPN
Wichitabear
Assassin
Name: Michael Bennett
Position: DT/DE
College: Texas A&M
Height: 6-4
Weight: 275
Season: 11th
Games Studied: 2019 (Patriots vs. Miami, Buffalo, Washington)
Scouting Report:
  • Played all over the defensive line for the Patriots. They likely traded for him this past spring due to that flexibility. The Patriots look for players who can function week to week playing multiple positions.
  • Should line up as a nickel tackle for the Cowboys with the ability to rush from defensive end. Would give them a combination of DeMarcus Lawrence, Maliek Collins, Robert Quinn and Bennett on those sub-package downs.
  • I was surprised at how strong he plays for his age (33 years old). When he extends his hands, he can control blockers. There were several snaps in the Miami/Washington games where he just flat overpowered the blockers at the point of attack.
  • Like all good pass rushers, Bennett can take that long step to gain ground on a blocker. We often see that with Lawrence. When they can get to the corner, it makes it hard on the blocker. Don't see a lack of quickness here. Still can win when on the move.
  • Uses his hands like Lawrence to combat the blocker in order to break him down. This works well against guards that struggle with a rusher who plays with quickness and technique.
  • Bennett has a feel for how to work the gaps to defend the run. If he does have an issue, there were times where he got caught on a block while he was attempting to work on the move. The Redskins had a long run due to the fact he got turned on the play.
  • Even on a hot day in Miami, he did a nice job of staying after the ball and hustling to make plays.
  • He has always been productive wherever he's played. Promise that the front office did their research on him before they made this trade.
  • Scouts I've talked to about him say he loves football and playing the game, but he's a different cat and always been. Feel like passing game coordinator Kris Richard had a big hand in bringing him over for the stretch run and will be the point man on this transition.
BearForce
****s about to get real

Assassin
BearForce said:

****s about to get real

Assassin
18 minutes to trade deadline, we shall know very soon
BearForce
Assassin said:

18 minutes to trade deadline, we shall know very soon

No more than a 1 and a 2...
Franko

Assassin

Bennett in his new gear
Franko
Franko said:

But:

Franko
Franko said:

Franko said:

But:

Uggh

Assassin
Jets probably wanted half a dozen ones plus DLaw and Dak
BearForce
Damn!!!
Assassin
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/10/26/all-in-jerry-jones-cowboys-betting-on-the-nfl-and-themselves-with-hope-of-rising-salary-cap-in-seasons-to-come/
Franko
If this is all they offered, they weren't serious about getting him. You don't get a pro bowler with a bottom of the first round pick.

Assassin
ESPN Jets guy said he knew it was at least a 1 and a 5
BearForce

Yeah not doing two 1st and a 4th
Franko
BearForce said:

Agreed. I would have done a 1st and a 3rd maximum.
BearForce
Franko said:

BearForce said:

Agreed. I would have done a 1st and a 3rd maximum.

I could have done a 1 and a 2 but that is it.
Wichitabear
Ditto.
Assassin
sounds like Marty B has had some time to reflect...

BearForce
Assassin said:

Maturity is a wonderful thing
Assassin
The Cowboys have lost the first member of their 2019 draft class. The Detroit Lions announced Wednesday morning that they'd signed Mike Jackson to their active roster, plucking him off the Cowboys' practice squad in the process.

Jackson was one of two fifth-round draft picks out of Miami back during the spring, along with defensive end Joe Jackson. He didn't make the 53-man roster coming out of training camp, but the Cowboys liked him enough to keep him on their practice squad for the first eight weeks of the season.

By poaching him off another team's practice squad, the Lions are required by NFL rules to keep Jackson on their roster for three weeks which means Jackson will be in attendance when the Cowboys face the Lions on Nov. 17.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Maturity is a wonderful thing
Unless you are Johnny Rotten

Wichitabear
Well what a shock! I never thought I would hear that from him! Lol
First Page Last Page
Page 348 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.