Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,094,489 Views | 29793 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by DFW Bill
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

Ed Werder of ESPN reports that Cowboys owner GM Jerry Jones and executive VP Stephen Jones plan to allow HC Jason Garrett to finish out the season as the team's head coach no matter how things go over the final few months of the season....
sure about that Ed?
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
the 'sliver' (not silver) lining? Daks contract numbers are tumbling...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

If the new coach wants him.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

If the new coach wants him.
I would want him given the alternative but tell to remember that he has the green light to run. I cant believe they have coached him out of that
Assassin
X Woods should get a huge fine and one game suspension BY DALLAS for ripping Beaz helmet off. You can really screw up a guys eyes, ears on noze or even worse when you do that
BearForce
Can I get a Wade Phillips Green Bay style blowout...Thank you Buffalo...
KOKQB70
6-6 now, blown out on Nat. TV, come on Jerry, stick a fork in Jason, it's over and everybody knows it.
BearForce
KOK QB 70 said:

6-6 now, blown out on Nat. TV, come on Jerry, stick a fork in Jason, it's over and everybody knows it.

Jerry's Tom Landry my ass, more like Jerry's Marvin Lewis
Assassin
where is Cooper Rush?
BearForce
Assassin
pretty bad onside - Maher is on Garett lifesupport
Assassin
Assassin said:

X Woods should get a huge fine and one game suspension BY DALLAS for ripping Beaz helmet off. You can really screw up a guys eyes, ears on noze or even worse when you do that
Assassin
who the heck is Ventell Bryant?
BearForce
Assassin said:

who the heck is Ventell Bryant?

A Matt Rhule Temple product
xiledinok
Thank God the Mavericks are good again and have a once in a generational player to allow fans to forget RHJ and Da Boys finish behind the Eagles with no playoffs.
Mr. 8-8 looked bush league again against a quality opponent.
TechDawgMc
While Jason needs to go, we don't fix the real problem until we get a new GM. 20 years of mediocrity and counting
xiledinok
TechDawgMc said:

While Jason needs to go, we don't fix the real problem until we get a new GM. 20 years of mediocrity and counting

We'll be drafting the grandson in a few years, no matter his performance at Arkansas.
boognish_bear
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

If the **** hole 07 Giants can beat arguably the best team ever assembled, best that ass these Boys can win the big one.

If the NFL has shown us anything, Its that if you can just make it to the post season, skys the limit.
and the Giants did that twice with non SB talent and an average QB

Ijs, get to the post season. Then we go from there.

JJ shares your optimism

Assassin
my wish is he would pull the plug now, see the much ballyhooed Kellen Moore has the chops
boognish_bear
Assassin said:

my wish is he would pull the plug now, see the much ballyhooed Kellen Moore has the chops

I see zero risk in doing that....9 years has been plenty of time. It can't be worse.

Can Bennett be a player/coach like Pete Rose?

BearForce
Assassin said:

He wont and even if he did I have the funny feeling it might give the interim to Kris Richard for two reasons:

1. Richard's demeanor would be the opposite of Garrett which Jerry might think could light a spark in the team
2. It makes compliance with the Rooney Rule much easier if Jerry doesn't want Richard as he would get an in-house interview before moving the search onward and Richard would play along as long as he sees he has a viable chance at the job
BearForce
boognish_bear said:

Assassin said:

I see zero risk in doing that....9 years has been plenty of time. It can't be worse.

What's sad is why is Michael Bennett, who has been in the locker room less than a month, delivering that message? Where are the "leaders" who have been here?
Assassin
BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

Assassin said:

What's sad is why is Michael Bennett, who has been in the locker room less than a month, delivering that message? Where are the "leaders" who have been here?
my first thought also
boognish_bear
BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

Assassin said:

To me that is pretty telling the locker room had learned to accept a culture of mediocrity....that doesn't fit how I see a lot of those players though.
NeuroticBear
BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

Assassin said:

This is a great point. Garrett shows zero passion. He thinks it's a strength, but it's not. It's his greatest weakness.

JJ (Johnson, not Jones) was a great motivator. Most great NFL coaches are.

But Garrett is the kind of coach that Jones is drawn to, because he will never outshine "the boss". This is why we fans have endured a decade of mediocrity.
boognish_bear
This is my fear and why I see no risk in canning JG right now. Plus you get an early jump on other NFL teams that might be looking at the end of the year.

Wichitabear
We need some good discipline and butt kicking in that locker room. They are slow and sloppy!!!! We need another Jimmy Johnson. Where to find him? I don't know
boognish_bear
Mike Leach? That would be a wild ride

Wichitabear
Sean Payton could have been and should have been our coach at one time
GoldMind
boognish_bear said:

Mike Leach? That would be a wild ride

BearForce hath spoken on this
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Wichitabear
Yes Jim Harbaugh. I feel he could put make some emotion and discipline
BearForce
Conor Williams out for the year with an ACL tear
Wichitabear
Poor guy
boognish_bear
GoldMind
BearForce said:

Conor Williams out for the year with an ACL tear

My gangsta Tyron is ok tho
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
First Page Last Page
Page 364 of 852

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.