Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,094,407 Views | 29792 Replies | Last: 39 min ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not going to get Matt. We need him
boognish_bear
Wichitabear said:

Not going to get Matt. We need him

I know....that would make me happy/sad....mostly sad.

Been a Cowboys and Baylor fan all my life....but the Bears are who I enjoy watching and pulling for the most
Assassin
boognish_bear said:

that is a Love/Hate Tweet for me
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
GoldMind
Id be fine either way. Win-win.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
GhettoHEBear
No way would Rhule go to Dallas. He's successful because he knows what he's doing. You think he's dumb enough to go to a place where the owner wants to be co-coach?
GoldMind
GhettoHEBear said:

No way would Rhule go to Dallas. He's successful because he knows what he's doing. You think he's dumb enough to go to a place where the owner wants to be co-coach?

He lost to LIBERTY!!! MANNNN

No way America's Team would want him after losing to liberty!!!
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
Jamal 'nearly a Cowboy' Adams on his way to the most sacks by a D-back. Already 6 this season. 8 is the record. He would rank second on the team behind Quinn but ahead of DLaw and Bennett

In retrospect. Do you reconsider TSmith or Zack Martin for him? The Jets wanted one of our All Pros.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
They can have our coach
BearForce
Assassin said:

Jamal 'nearly a Cowboy' Adams on his way to the most sacks by a D-back. Already 6 this season. 8 is the record. He would rank second on the team behind Quinn but ahead of DLaw and Bennett

In retrospect. Do you reconsider TSmith or Zack Martin for him? The Jets wanted one of our All Pros.

As sacrilege as this is I give them Tyron but not Tyron and a 1. I only say that because I am convinced we are past the best days of Tyron.
xiledinok
Rhule wouldn't work for Jerry,

Lincoln Riley would.
CutTheTVoff
I would puke if Rhule went to the cowturds
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

As sacrilege as this is I give them Tyron but not Tyron and a 1. I only say that because I am convinced we are past the best days of Tyron.
I have been thinking that myself. He really has issues sliding to his left. Not good for a LT
Assassin
Odds increasing that Cowboys lose both Amari Cooper and Byron Jones in free agency
Cooper and Jones, along with quarterback Dak Prescott, are in the last year of their deals

While most of the attention around the slumping Cowboys had focused on the future of head coach Jason Garrett, the likelihood of big roster changes for Dallas in 2020 continues to grow as well. Sources said there has been no progress on new deals for a trio of star free agents -- quarterback Dak Prescott, receiver Amari Cooper and corner Byron Jones -- and no talks are anticipated until after the season.
\
Retaining Prescott remains the primary objective of owner Jerry Jones, but with Prescott's agents playing this out until after the season, and the quarterback compiling career numbers (albeit largely against inferior teams), he is building a case to become the highest-paid quarterback in the game. The scope and magnitude of this deal continues to grow, and the Cowboys will place the franchise tag on him if need be, which is lost on no one involved in any of these negotiations, sources said.

Sources said the only way that Cooper will not hit the market is if the tag is placed on him, but there is obviously only one tag to go around per team. With the receiver market limited by so many top players already signing extensions, and with Prescott set to go from earning less than $5 million in four years to over $33 million a year, the odds of keeping him and Cooper -- without Cooper on the tag -- are slim. The Cowboys and Cooper made no headway the entire offseason, and there is no inclination on his side to do a deal now with free agency so close.

Similarly, there has been no communication between the Cowboys and Jones either, sources said, and no talks are expected. With years of starting experience at safety and corner, Jones, a former first-round pick, is positioned well on the open market and sources said it looks increasingly likely he will be elsewhere in 2020.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Odds increasing that Cowboys lose both Amari Cooper and Byron Jones in free agency
Cooper and Jones, along with quarterback Dak Prescott, are in the last year of their deals

While most of the attention around the slumping Cowboys had focused on the future of head coach Jason Garrett, the likelihood of big roster changes for Dallas in 2020 continues to grow as well. Sources said there has been no progress on new deals for a trio of star free agents -- quarterback Dak Prescott, receiver Amari Cooper and corner Byron Jones -- and no talks are anticipated until after the season.
\
Retaining Prescott remains the primary objective of owner Jerry Jones, but with Prescott's agents playing this out until after the season, and the quarterback compiling career numbers (albeit largely against inferior teams), he is building a case to become the highest-paid quarterback in the game. The scope and magnitude of this deal continues to grow, and the Cowboys will place the franchise tag on him if need be, which is lost on no one involved in any of these negotiations, sources said.

Sources said the only way that Cooper will not hit the market is if the tag is placed on him, but there is obviously only one tag to go around per team. With the receiver market limited by so many top players already signing extensions, and with Prescott set to go from earning less than $5 million in four years to over $33 million a year, the odds of keeping him and Cooper -- without Cooper on the tag -- are slim. The Cowboys and Cooper made no headway the entire offseason, and there is no inclination on his side to do a deal now with free agency so close.

Similarly, there has been no communication between the Cowboys and Jones either, sources said, and no talks are expected. With years of starting experience at safety and corner, Jones, a former first-round pick, is positioned well on the open market and sources said it looks increasingly likely he will be elsewhere in 2020.

Given the coaching situation I'm ok with this as it allows the new coach input as to who he wants to retain relative to his offensive and defensive system.
Assassin

Per CBS Sports HQ, Sanders is the first placekicker (by primary position) to catch a TD since Jim Turner on October 16, 1977.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Given the coaching situation I'm ok with this as it allows the new coach input as to who he wants to retain relative to his offensive and defensive system.
I was not on board for the Zeke contract. Dak should have been signed in the offseason if they thought he was their QB (given the alternatives, not sure why they would not).

I would be blown away if they let Cooper go after giving up a 1.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I was not on board for the Zeke contract. Dak should have been signed in the offseason if they thought he was their QB (given the alternatives, not sure why they would not).

Agree that Zeke was a total mistake, as for Cooper the market is pretty clear after all the signings this past year so it sounds to me like they dont want to pay him.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Agree that Zeke was a total mistake, as for Cooper the market is pretty clear after all the signings this past year so it sounds to me like they dont want to pay him.
Julio Jones is tops at 22m. Mike Thomas is second 19.25, Tyreke Hill is 18 as is Odell Beckham. Evans, Cooks, Hopkins, Theilen and Watkins are in the 16's. Landry and Green are in the 15s. My guess is he would be somewhere in that area. He's a WR1, but not a superWR1. He has been known to disappear vs top CBs
BearForce
Assassin said:

\

One note, with it being the end of the CBA this year, there are two tags available, not just one.
Assassin
Dolphins down 2 and driving on Eagles, 12 mins left
Assassin
Assassin said:

Fins score TD plus 2 pt conversion, up 6
BearForce
Assassin said:

And they score and get the 2 pointer to go up 6
Assassin
You could argue that Robert Quinn has had a better year than DLaw. His agent certainly will. Hopefully we can re-sign him
Assassin
If you told me that we would be 1-3 against the AFC East before the season, I would argue you were dyslectic and had that reversed
BearForce
Assassin said:

You could argue that Robert Quinn has had a better year than DLaw. His agent certainly will. Hopefully we can re-sign him

Frankly its a must do
BearForce
Assassin said:

If you told me that we would be 1-3 against the AFC East before the season, I would argue you were dyslectic and had that reversed

No kidding
Assassin
Fins kick at long FG to go up by 9. Eagles are *****led!
Assassin
With Connor Williams heading to injured reserve because of a torn ACL, the Cowboys have signed guard Caleb Benenoch, who spent time with New England and Carolina this season. He was a fifth-round pick of Tampa Bay in 2016 and has started 22 of 35 games. With Williams out, the Cowboys wanted to add interior line depth with a month to go.
Assassin
Despite the professed confidence in Brett Maher, the Cowboys will workout kickers Nick Rose, Austin MacGinnis and Tristan Vizcaino on Sunday. Rose has been with six teams in his career and has made 11 of 14 field goal attempts. MacGinnis played for Memphis in the AAF and was drafted by the Dallas Renegades of the XFL. Vizcaino has been with the Jets and Cincinnati. Maher has made 19 of 28 tries this season and is 5 of 12 from 40 yards or more.
BearForce
Lets be honest, the NFL East sucks ass
Assassin
BearForce said:

And the NFC East, even more so
Assassin
FleaGles get a tre back, within 6 now, Fins with the ball. 1:51 left
Assassin
birds take their final timeout at 1:46.
Assassin
Fins win! Cowboys back into the lead in the NFC LEast
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

And the NFC East, even more so

LoL yep
First Page Last Page
Page 365 of 852

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.