Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,077 Views | 29546 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Panthers have 1st and Goal with a minute left and absolutely it. Ball turned over on the 31 after a massive sack

Skins win
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
GoldMind
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Odds increasing that Cowboys lose both Amari Cooper and Byron Jones in free agency
Cooper and Jones, along with quarterback Dak Prescott, are in the last year of their deals

While most of the attention around the slumping Cowboys had focused on the future of head coach Jason Garrett, the likelihood of big roster changes for Dallas in 2020 continues to grow as well. Sources said there has been no progress on new deals for a trio of star free agents -- quarterback Dak Prescott, receiver Amari Cooper and corner Byron Jones -- and no talks are anticipated until after the season.

Given the coaching situation I'm ok with this as it allows the new coach input as to who he wants to retain relative to his offensive and defensive system.
I was not on board for the Zeke contract. Dak should have been signed in the offseason if they thought he was their QB (given the alternatives, not sure why they would not).

I would be blown away if they let Cooper go after giving up a 1.

Agree that Zeke was a total mistake, as for Cooper the market is pretty clear after all the signings this past year so it sounds to me like they dont want to pay him.

Why was the best RB in the league a mistake?
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Odds increasing that Cowboys lose both Amari Cooper and Byron Jones in free agency
Cooper and Jones, along with quarterback Dak Prescott, are in the last year of their deals

While most of the attention around the slumping Cowboys had focused on the future of head coach Jason Garrett, the likelihood of big roster changes for Dallas in 2020 continues to grow as well. Sources said there has been no progress on new deals for a trio of star free agents -- quarterback Dak Prescott, receiver Amari Cooper and corner Byron Jones -- and no talks are anticipated until after the season.

Given the coaching situation I'm ok with this as it allows the new coach input as to who he wants to retain relative to his offensive and defensive system.
I was not on board for the Zeke contract. Dak should have been signed in the offseason if they thought he was their QB (given the alternatives, not sure why they would not).

Agree that Zeke was a total mistake, as for Cooper the market is pretty clear after all the signings this past year so it sounds to me like they dont want to pay him.

Is he the best? And if so by what measure?

All I know is he has now had 4 straight games without 100 yards, lacks a homerun gear he used to have, and rarely seems to take over a game anymore. I wouldn't have caved and would have let things play out with Pollard frankly unless Jerry got some really good protection on that contract. And let's not even mention his ability to put himself in stupid situations in a league that has an itchy finger to hit him with another suspension (and yeah the first one was bull****, we all agree).
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

All I know is he has now had 4 straight games without 100 yards, lacks a homerun gear he used to have, and rarely seems to take over a game anymore. I wouldn't have caved and would have let things play out with Pollard frankly unless Jerry got some really good protection on that contract. And let's not even mention his ability to put himself in stupid situations in a league that has an itchy finger to hit him with another suspension (and yeah the first one was bull****, we all agree).

He was the best at the time, what I meant.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Not to mention a team like the Raiders, moving into their new digs, would have given an arm and a leg for someone like him
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Not to mention a team like the Raiders, moving into their new digs, would have given an arm and a leg for someone like him

Zeke and Vegas have already proven problematic...
boognish_bear
BearForce
boognish_bear said:

Just missing the fire
Assassin
Rookie running back Tony Pollard suffered an ankle injury that kept him out of Tuesday's practice and leaves his availability for Thursday's game at Chicago in question. The Cowboys carry only three running backs on the 53-man roster in Pollard, Ezekiel Elliott and Jamize Olawale. They have two on the practice squad in Jordan Chunn and Mike Weber. Receiver Randall Cobb returned to practice after missing Monday's work because of an illness.
Assassin
Assassin said:

Rookie running back Tony Pollard suffered an ankle injury that kept him out of Tuesday's practice and leaves his availability for Thursday's game at Chicago in question. The Cowboys carry only three running backs on the 53-man roster in Pollard, Ezekiel Elliott and Jamize Olawale. They have two on the practice squad in Jordan Chunn and Mike Weber. Receiver Randall Cobb returned to practice after missing Monday's work because of an illness.

BTW - that was from ESPN. I thought Weber got poached by another team
Assassin
Found out that I have been dealing with a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder from my bike crash this past year. Doc is going in next Tuesday to fix it. Said I will be able to throw a curve ball when he is done.

That would be incredible as it is on my left shoulder and I am right handed. Plus my throwing has always been a hit or a miss
BearForce
Assassin said:

Found out that I have been dealing with a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder from my bike crash this past year. Doc is going in next Tuesday to fix it. Said I will be able to throw a curve ball when he is done.

That would be incredible as it is on my left shoulder and I am right handed. Plus my throwing has always been a hit or a miss
Good luck my friend!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Good luck my friend!
thank you brother Bear!
BearForce
LVE is out again for this week...
Assassin
BearForce said:

They did say that they would keep him out through this game so he could get the full week and a half after this. He was scheduled to come back for the Rams, then we have the Eagles and finally scalp the Skins.

At this point, I am about done with this season. I would be flabbergasted if we did well in the playoffs

I'm almost hoping we dont so we can move on from Garrett.

The good thing about Garrett is any coach coming in will know he has the full support of the Jones family and will get the time to move the program forward. Jerry is not an impulse buyer or seller

trey3216
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

They did say that they would keep him out through this game so he could get the full week and a half after this. He was scheduled to come back for the Rams, then we have the Eagles and finally scalp the Skins.

At this point, I am about done with this season. I would be flabbergasted if we did well in the playoffs

I'm almost hoping we dont so we can move on from Garrett.

The good thing about Garrett is any coach coming in will know he has the full support of the Jones family and will get the time to move the program forward. Jerry is not an impulse buyer or seller

We're moving on from Garrett anyway. I firmly believe that.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
Agree guys on all points
Wichitabear
You will be in our prayers Assassin!
Assassin
My 'way too early before I know any of the names' NFL draft

21: R1P21
LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
CLEMSON

53: R2P21
CB LAVERT HILL
MICHIGAN

85: R3P21
S ANTOINE WINFIELD JR.
MINNESOTA

127: R4P21
TE CHEYENNE O'GRADY
ARKANSAS

164: R5P20
DL LEKI FOTU
UTAH

177: R5P33
OT COLE VAN LANEN
WISCONSIN

234: R7P21
WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR
Assassin
Backdoor Boys!

Even if the Eagles win their other three remaining games, the Cowboys can lose two of their next four as long as one of the games they win is against Philadelphia, there's actually a scenario where the Cowboys don't have to beat them to get in. And it's a rather simple one.

The Eagles last four remaining games are all against NFC East opponents. Outside of the game against Dallas, they have two against New York and one against Washington. If the Eagles lose just one of their final four remaining games, the Cowboys path to the division title is pretty breezy. In fact, it wouldn't even require them to beat Philadelphia the next time they meet. The Cowboys could go 2-2 from this point on and still win the East as long as one of those wins come in the final two weeks of the season where they play at Philly and host Washington.

That would allow the Cowboys to finish in a tie with the Eagles and still win the division because they would hold the division-record tiebreaker.

This is what you call backing in with your rear totally exposed
Assassin

BearForce
Assassin said:

Probably was headed to David Irving's place.

But seriously in all my years of driving I have never had a cop ask to search my car...trying to understand what drives these types of issues.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Backdoor Boys!

Even if the Eagles win their other three remaining games, the Cowboys can lose two of their next four as long as one of the games they win is against Philadelphia, there's actually a scenario where the Cowboys don't have to beat them to get in. And it's a rather simple one.

The Eagles last four remaining games are all against NFC East opponents. Outside of the game against Dallas, they have two against New York and one against Washington. If the Eagles lose just one of their final four remaining games, the Cowboys path to the division title is pretty breezy. In fact, it wouldn't even require them to beat Philadelphia the next time they meet. The Cowboys could go 2-2 from this point on and still win the East as long as one of those wins come in the final two weeks of the season where they play at Philly and host Washington.

That would allow the Cowboys to finish in a tie with the Eagles and still win the division because they would hold the division-record tiebreaker.

Knowing either San Francisco, Seattle, Minnesota, or Green Bay is coming in dry.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Backdoor Boys!

Knowing either San Francisco, Seattle, Minnesota, or Green Bay is coming in dry.
Hopefully its not San Francisco with our rears totally exposed
Assassin
Ezekiel Elliott needs 10 yards to get to 1,000
Amari Cooper needs 29 yards to get to 1,000
Dak Prescott needs 212 yards to get to 4,000

This could all happen on Thursday night and it would mark the first year EVER in Cowboys history to have triplets all achieve those marks.
Assassin
Eli's coming, Eli's coming....

D Jones is out with ankle injury against philthy birds.
Wichitabear
Oh crap!
Wichitabear
Yep. Unless he was swerving maybe? Speeding ? Otherwise, I don't get it
xiledinok
Jerry and his boys looked like parrots in a glass box last week watching that disaster. Can't have it go like that tonight.
Assassin
Bears ripped off those outfits...

Assassin
Jarwin has some deceptive speed. Takes long strides
DanaDane
Cowboys ram it down their throats!
BearForce
That was a soul stealing drive...9 min TD drive to open the game...I'll take it.
Assassin
BearForce said:

That was a soul stealing drive...9 min TD drive to open the game...I'll take it.
17 plays....

BearForce
Assassin said:

Jarwin has some deceptive speed. Takes long strides

Not nearly on the field enough...I think he can be our TE going forward.
First Page Last Page
Page 366 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.