Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,076,790 Views | 29545 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Assassin
TechDawgMc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

The Cowboys still have a shot to make the playoffs, although they will need some help. It starts with a win over the Redskins on Sunday at AT&T Stadium. And then they would need the Eagles to lose to the Giants at the Meadowlands. That would put the Eagles and Cowboys tied at 8-8. Since the teams split the season series, the next tiebreaker would be division record. Since the Eagles would've lost to the Giants to set up this scenario, they would fall to 4-2 and the Cowboys must beat Washington, which would make them 5-1 in the NFC East. Should either the Eagles or Cowboys finish in a tie, the Eagles would win the division.

The Giants have the same motivation to lose that the Redskins do. I don't expect them to beat Philly. It would actually be merciful for this crappy season to just end. I doubt Jerry has learned anything but at least he'll get rid of Garrett
Assassin
TechDawgMc said:

Assassin said:

The Cowboys still have a shot to make the playoffs, although they will need some help. It starts with a win over the Redskins on Sunday at AT&T Stadium. And then they would need the Eagles to lose to the Giants at the Meadowlands. That would put the Eagles and Cowboys tied at 8-8. Since the teams split the season series, the next tiebreaker would be division record. Since the Eagles would've lost to the Giants to set up this scenario, they would fall to 4-2 and the Cowboys must beat Washington, which would make them 5-1 in the NFC East. Should either the Eagles or Cowboys finish in a tie, the Eagles would win the division.

The Giants have the same motivation to lose that the Redskins do. I don't expect them to beat Philly. It would actually be merciful for this crappy season to just end. I doubt Jerry has learned anything but at least he'll get rid of Garrett
The season is over even if we win the NFC East. All that will do is have us lose the wildcard and move back half a dozen draft picks
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
With Byron Jones limited by an ankle injury, the Cowboys addressed their cornerback depth on Saturday.
One day before the regular season finale against Washington, the team released veteran safety Josh Jones and signed cornerback Donovan Olumba from the practice squad.
Olumba's name should sound familiar. He signed with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent and has hung around the practice squad ever since. As a second-year player, he made a legitimate push to make the 53-man roster this past summer, though he was eventually released at the end of training camp.
This will be Olumba's first stint on the active roster, and he stands a chance to earn some playing time. Jones injured his ankle on Wednesday, and he is listed as questionable for Sunday.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
FRISCO, Texas This question had been asked before, but it felt like a fitting week to follow up.
Heading into Sunday's regular season finale, which could be Amari Cooper's last game under contract, it's fair to wonder about his long-term future.
"I want to be here. I like it here," he said.

It isn't a coincidence that question is being asked now. Prior to Friday, the last time Cooper spoke publicly was in the wake of last week's 17-9 loss to Philadelphia. In that game, Cooper finished with a frustrating four catches on 12 targets for just 24 yards.

He watched the Cowboys' crucial 4th-and-8 from the sideline at the end of the game, and he took issue with some of the play calls in the post game locker room.
"I feel like it's always frustrating as a player if you leave the game knowing that you could have accomplished more," he said Friday.
However you want to quantify it, that late-season frustration hasn't changed Cooper's opinion. From his relationship with Dak Prescott to a slew of other reasons, he repeated his stance from earlier this season that this is where he wants to be.
"That is part of me liking it," he said. "My situation on the team, him being the quarterback, the teammates, where I live. Everything."
As frustrating as this season might, it sounds like the Cowboys agree with that assessment. Chief operating officer Stephen Jones appeared on 105.3 FM The Fan on Friday afternoon, and offered firm support of Cooper after the trade the team made to acquire him in October 2018.

"I think at the end of the day we all know what Amari has done for us over the course of a year," he said. "He leads our team in receptions and receiving yards, and he's played really well."
Assassin
Roger Staubach: 8 seasons as a starter, 4 NFC championships, 2 NFL titles. 1970s all-decade selection. 4 NFL passing titles. Won 74.5 percent of his career starts, 3rd best in NFL history behind Graham & Brady. Also 11-6 in the playoffs. Most underrated QB in history.

A Jackie Smith drop away from another Super Bowl.

And he went and served his country in Vietnam before ever going to the NFL
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Roger Staubach: 8 seasons as a starter, 4 NFC championships, 2 NFL titles. 1970s all-decade selection. 4 NFL passing titles. Won 74.5 percent of his career starts, 3rd best in NFL history behind Graham & Brady. Also 11-6 in the playoffs. Most underrated QB in history.

Perhaps. How do you mean underrated?
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

He's big in Texas, but nowhere near that in other parts of the country. I was really surprised when I read some remarks
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

He's big in Texas, but nowhere near that in other parts of the country. I was really surprised when I read some remarks

Hmm. Never knew.
Wichitabear
That's hard to believe.
BearForce
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

More do with age I bet....Terry Bradshaw and even Joe Montana would likely get similar reactions.
Wichitabear
Assassin and I are just old. Lolololol
GoldMind
Most under appreciated QB all-time?

Otto Graham
Wichitabear
Who? Lol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Who? Lol

Wow and you say you are old!

Great AAFL and NFL QB for Cleveland.
Wichitabear
Lolol never heard of him
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

Lolol never heard of him

Exactly. Google him. Unbelievably good for his era.
Wichitabear
Ok I will
Wichitabear
BearForce, how do you know so much about him?
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce, how do you know so much about him?

Watching old films...he won like 10 titles in a row
Wichitabear
I should have known, Mr. Knowledgeable. He was way before my time.
GoldMind
Most under appreciated RB all-time?

I'd have to say Barry. Every snap he was on the field was so intense, you just knew Barry was about to do something crazy.
Machiavelli
GoldMind said:

I'd have to say Barry. Every snap he was on the field was so intense, you just knew Barry was about to do something crazy.

Barry probably most overrated of all time.

I'm hoping the Cowboys hire Dan Campbell a as HC and he brings Joe Brady as OC and anyone not named Marinelli as DC. And that he takes special teams seriously.
GoldMind
Machiavelli said:

GoldMind said:

Barry probably most overrated of all time.

I'm hoping the Cowboys hire Dan Campbell a as HC and he brings Joe Brady as OC and anyone not named Marinelli as DC. And that he takes special teams seriously.

You probably wanted Dave Campo too lol

Barry overrated LOOOLLLL

Assassin
Right now I think its Ron Rivera and Lincoln Riley in the lead. Rivera would be the safest bet although not sure thats what we need. We need an offensive mindset. Assuming you cant pry Sean Payton away from NOLA, Lincoln Riley?
Wichitabear
What I would give to have Sean Payton. He wouldn't come!
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

I'm sure he would entertain an offer
Machiavelli
GoldMind said:

Wichitabear said:

You realize we can't even talk to him, right?
GoldMind
Machiavelli said:

GoldMind said:

Wichitabear said:

You realize ppl have cell phones and sneak around all the time? Not like he's never thought about it. It's the best coaching job on earth.
Machiavelli
GoldMind said:

Machiavelli said:

GoldMind said:

Wichitabear said:

You realize ppl have cell phones and sneak around all the time? Not like he's never thought about it. It's the best coaching job on earth.
If he was interested he wouldn't have signed a 5 year extension just a few months ago. Now at a minimum it would cost us premium draft picks.
GoldMind
Machiavelli said:

GoldMind said:

Machiavelli said:

GoldMind said:

Wichitabear said:

If he was interested he wouldn't have signed a 5 year extension just a few months ago. Now at a minimum it would cost us premium draft picks.

That's what sucks a fat bag of dicks about the NFL. Never understood why coaches can't be bought out.
Wichitabear
Oops, didn't know he already signed a contract. What happened to us being interested in Meyers? Any new news with this?
Wichitabear
Ok. Lol
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

Oops, didn't know he already signed a contract. What happened to us being interested in Meyers? Any new news with this?

He's going to kukluxers up in DC
xiledinok
If the Eagles win, Cowboys should just tank this last one. RHJ era turned off half the fanbase.
Wichitabear
Thank you GoldMind. Always inspiring.
First Page Last Page
Page 376 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.