Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,094,543 Views | 29793 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by DFW Bill
Machiavelli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce said:

Initial thoughts
1. Garrett is consistent, great year, bad year, lather rinse repeat
2. Dak is accurate but lack precision in ball placement and it comes down to lack of precision in technique
3. Cooper's road woes are for real and I'm not sure I can pay him for only home games
4. Zeke has played himself into shape and it showed up the last few weeks. I was hard on him for his contract but I have seen some old Zeke emerge as he got into shape.
5. Chido is a spare...cant pay him
6. Bryan Jones is a poor man's #1 corner...can't pay him #1 corner money
7. This LB corps is going to be a challenge to fix, especially if LVE has long term neck issues
8. This DL misses a David Irving badly and also needs a legit 1-tech to protect the LBs

Bottomline, no reason to be sad when the end is near.

Some really good points here but I think Chido can be a great SS and we need to abandon the 1 tech.
BearForce
Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Initial thoughts
2. Dak is accurate but lack precision in ball placement and it comes down to lack of precision in technique
3. Cooper's road woes are for real and I'm not sure I can pay him for only home games
4. Zeke has played himself into shape and it showed up the last few weeks. I was hard on him for his contract but I have seen some old Zeke emerge as he got into shape.
7. This LB corps is going to be a challenge to fix, especially if LVE has long term neck issues
8. This DL misses a David Irving badly and also needs a legit 1-tech to protect the LBs

Some really good points here but I think Chido can be a great SS and we need to abandon the 1 tech.
Not sure what you mean by this...do you mean we not have a a big NT, that for the most part we haven't had, or are you saying you would line up the NT in a different gap? As for Chido, if he can't cover the slot and can't tackle well then you are probably not a safety. That and I think we need to finally get a safety who can make plays, including interceptions. Need that at CB too and it seems Jourdin Lewis and to a degree Xavier Woods are the only two guys who fit that description.
Machiavelli
BearForce said:

Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Initial thoughts

Not sure what you mean by this...do you mean we not have a a big NT, that for the most part we haven't had, or are you saying you would line up the NT in a different gap? As for Chido, if he can't cover the slot and can't tackle well then you are probably not a safety. That and I think we need to finally get a safety who can make plays, including interceptions. Need that at CB too and it seems Jourdin Lewis and to a degree Xavier Woods are the only two guys who fit that description.

Yes, I've been critical of Marinelli's failed 1 tech system from the start. It sucks. Chido I believed is a physical player who's good in coverage and a good tackler (way better than Heath) but with terrible ball skills. It is troubling that he's never been a guy who gets picks, but then neither is Jamal Adams. And I love Jourdan Lewis.
BearForce
Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Initial thoughts

Yes, I've been critical of Marinelli's failed 1 tech system from the start. It sucks. Chido I believed is a physical player who's good in coverage and a good tackler (way better than Heath) but with terrible ball skills. It is troubling that he's never been a guy who gets picks, but then neither is Jamal Adams. And I love Jourdan Lewis.
Ok so that's a bit different and I agree. When I say 1-tech I mean a real NT who can push the pocket and protect our MLB as opposed to the 3-tech DTs that Marinelli wants as pass rushers first NTs. As for Chido and players like him, that is another problem as we have built a secondary that doesn't make plays.
BearForce
Garrett is putting the final nail in his own coffin...I might normally say that Garrett can't find the L in Leadership, but we all Jason is all about L's so....

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/12/23/21035078/jason-garrett-blamed-everyone-else-for-the-cowboys-critical-4th-and-8-play-personnel-decisions
GoldMind
ZERO accountability. He should go coach at UT.
boognish_bear
The Giants are on a two game winning streak over crap teams....would not be surprised at all to see them beat the crappy Eagles in New York on Sunday.

Can you imagine the booing Garrett will get if he is given one last chance to win the division and falls on his face again at home
trey3216
boognish_bear said:

The Giants are on a two game winning streak over crap teams....would not be surprised at all to see them beat the crappy Eagles in New York on Sunday.

Can you imagine the booing Garrett will get if he is given one last chance to win the division and falls on his face again at home

It would be absolutely glorious if it happened
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
GoldMind
trey3216 said:

boognish_bear said:

It would be absolutely glorious if it happened
A soul for a soul
BearForce
LVE is having neck surgery...my question is why now instead of earlier? Should have put him on IR and gotten it done but Cowboys will Cowboys.
Wichitabear
They know they're finished????
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

They know they're finished????

If my first round pick needs neck surgery, I dont try to play him the rest of the year. Seems extremely short side thinking to me.
Wichitabear
agree, idiotic
BearForce
And **** is hitting the fan

BearForce
I am assuming we can't afford to resign Quinn who I think is going to cash in and Cooper who may now not want to come back, whereas because he doesn't get interceptions but does lock down a side of the field Bryon Jones is back. Also Cobb is gone too in my logic.

15: R1P15
DL JAVON KINLAW
SOUTH CAROLINA

47: R2P15
CB XAVIER MCKINNEY
ALABAMA

79: R3P15
WR DEVONTA SMITH
ALABAMA

123: R4P15
EDGE JABARI ZUNIGA
FLORIDA

161: R5P14
S ANTOINE WINFIELD JR.
MINNESOTA

180: R5P33
WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR

231: R7P15
CB LEVONTA TAYLOR
FLORIDA STATE
Assassin
With Leighton Vander Esch and Xavier Su'a-Filo going on injured reserve, the Cowboys have signed linebacker Ray-Ray Armstrong, who worked out for the team last week, and added offensive tackle Wyatt Miller off Cincinnati's practice squad.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Short of future torture (us backing into the NFC East championship) I think its time to use the Raiders blueprint and rebuild. We have lots of talent that we can offer up for trade.

I think the untouchables are Zach Martin, Gallup, Jarwin and maybe Lael. Not sure who else. Get some #1s and mid to late to take crapshoots on
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

Short of future torture (us backing into the NFC East championship) I think its time to use the Raiders blueprint and rebuild. We have lots of talent that we can offer up for trade.

I think the untouchables are Zach Martin, Gallup, Jarwin and maybe Lael. Not sure who else. Get some #1s and mid to late to take crapshoots on

Jerry will never do it and are we sure the Raiders have the blueprint for that matter.
Wichitabear
With a whole new coaching staff!
Wichitabear
You're right, he won't.
BearForce
So if you want to play GM, here you go:
https://overthecap.com/calculator/dallas-cowboys/
boognish_bear
Assassin said:

I wish we could package Zeke in a Herschel Walker type deal...But there just is not the demand for top running back's like there used to be. Nobody is going to want to take on that contract either.
BearForce
boognish_bear said:

Assassin said:

I wish we could package Zeke in a Herschel Walker type deal...But there just is not the demand for top running back's like there used to be. Nobody is going to want to take on that contract either.
And you take a huge cap hit...That said, I have seen some flashes of old Zeke the last few weeks now that he is back into football shape and not Cabo shape.
BearForce
Yep, I'm bored

15: R1P15
DL JAVON KINLAW
SOUTH CAROLINA

47: R2P15
EDGE CURTIS WEAVER
BOISE STATE

79: R3P15
WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR.
USC

123: R4P15
LB MONTY RICE
GEORGIA

161: R5P14
S JAYLINN HAWKINS
CALIFORNIA

180: R5P33
CB DARNAY HOLMES
UCLA

231: R7P15
CB HARRISON HAND
TEMPLE

Hawkins and Weaver have a lot of production so two guys we should keep our eyes on going forward
Wichitabear
Merry Christmas Football Board!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Merry Christmas Football Board!

Merry Christmas!
BearForce
Another HC candidate to consider in my mind is Gary Kubiak.

Second Texans HC and got them to the playoffs pretty quick, won a Super Bowl in Denver with Peyton Manning and then went the next year 9-7 before retiring due to health. Wanted to come back 2 years later but Denver had moved on so right now he is AHC and offensive consultant for Mike Zimmer in Minnesota.
Assassin
A loss would be a win for the Redskins. But not a win that would see right away. With a 3-11 record, the Redskins would secure the No. 2 overall pick in next year's draft if they lose to the Cowboys and fall to 3-13. Cincinnati (1-14) is locked in for the No. 1 pick, but should the Redskins beat Dallas, and the Giants, Dolphins and Lions lose, they could fall down to as No. 5 in the 2020 NFL Draft. That's not to say the Redskins are tanking the game, but a loss would set them up next year rather nicely.
Assassin
The Cowboys still have a shot to make the playoffs, although they will need some help. It starts with a win over the Redskins on Sunday at AT&T Stadium. And then they would need the Eagles to lose to the Giants at the Meadowlands. That would put the Eagles and Cowboys tied at 8-8. Since the teams split the season series, the next tiebreaker would be division record. Since the Eagles would've lost to the Giants to set up this scenario, they would fall to 4-2 and the Cowboys must beat Washington, which would make them 5-1 in the NFC East. Should either the Eagles or Cowboys finish in a tie, the Eagles would win the division.
boognish_bear
Wichitabear
You're kidding?
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

You're kidding?
Yes, he is kidding.
Wichitabear
Lol well I never know lol
boognish_bear
Wichitabear
Oh great. I love Jason Witten. But............no not for our next coach! Holy crap! I want a whole new staff. Yes, without former players!
First Page Last Page
Page 375 of 852

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.