Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,092,923 Views | 29771 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by BearForce
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And Jamal Adams to the Cowboys dream ends...

Sports Illustrated: Jets Trade All-Pro Jamal Adams To Seahawks.
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/jets-trade-dallas-native-all-pro-jamal-adams-to-seahawks
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/jets-trade-dallas-native-all-pro-jamal-adams-to-seahawks
Assassin
BearForce said:

no way we would have offered that. a 1st plus a mid rounder and a non-All Pro player maybe
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
From the sounds of it, there is an agreement in place to play professional football amid this pandemic.

The NFL and NFL Players Association have voted in favor making necessary changes to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, allowing the league to conduct business during unprecedented circumstances caused by the outbreak of COVID-19.

Most notably, the agreement will allow for a 16-man practice squad (up from the previous number of 10).

There are also provisions for high-risk and general opt outs of participation as a result of COVID-19. As of right now, there is no deadline for when those opt-outs can be taken.

One of the biggest concerns of the NFLPA was about a ramp-up period that will allow players to re-acclimate to football after missing the usual offseason program. The terms of the agreement reportedly allow for a 20-day ramp-up period and a maximum of 14 padded practices before the start of the season. There will be an 80-man roster limit, with a deadline to reach that limit of Aug. 16.

Another big sticking point was about league finances. The agreement reportedly calls for the league to spread any economic shortfalls out over four years. The two sides also set a salary cap of at least $175 million in 2021, allowing the league to raise the cap if financial losses aren't as big as expected.

Player finances are also addressed in the agreement. Reports indicate that a fund will be established to pay back any benefits eliminated as a result of the pandemic. Players who make a final roster will also be paid a $300,000 stipend in the event that the season is canceled. That stipend will still be paid out if the season is canceled before roster cuts, though it will drop to $250,000 per player if that happens.

Further details about the agreement will be forthcoming. For now, the most important detail is that it looks as though the NFL will be able to begin training camp on time.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
ind itI thought I saw something about Randy Gregory but I cant it. any news on him
BearForce
Assassin said:

ind itI thought I saw something about Randy Gregory but I cant it. any news on him
Last I saw was an alleged report that the Cowboys had given up hope of him getting reinstated. In either case we better figure out some more options opposite DLaw besides Aldon Smith.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Last I saw was an alleged report that the Cowboys had given up hope of him getting reinstated. In either case we better figure out some more options opposite DLaw besides Aldon Smith.
they seemed to be high on the DE Bradlee Anae, Utah and UFA DE Ladarius Hamilton from UNT
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

they seemed to be high on the DE Bradlee Anae, Utah and UFA DE Ladarius Hamilton from UNT
No doubt they have promise but not sure if two rookies of their pedigree fill the bill.
trey3216
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

and that was fairly widely reported to be not really the case.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

and that was fairly widely reported to be not really the case.
Yep, thus the alleged...
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

no way we would have offered that. a 1st plus a mid rounder and a non-All Pro player maybe
yeah but sure would have been nice
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

yeah but sure would have been nice
Yeah, having a safety like Adams would help erase some secondary deficiencies. Then again if we had just drafted Juan Thornhill last year like Assassin and I wanted instead of Trystan Charlton, we wouldn't even be talking about safety right now. The dumb things we do too often...
Assassin
The entire Cowboys' draft class has now officially signed their contracts on Saturday, highlighted by first-round pick CeeDee Lamb, who agreed to his contract earlier in the week.

Lamb is scheduled to make around $14 million over four years, but has a fifth-year option since he was a first-round pick.

The rest of the draft picks have four-year deals.

Second-round pick Trevon Diggs, third-rounder Neville Gallimore and fourth-round pick Reggie Robinson are all expected to make immediate contributions, as is fifth-round center Tyler Biadasz, who could compete for a starting spot.

Pass rusher Bradlee Anae, a fifth-round pick, could also compete for playing time and seventh-round pick Ben DiNucci, could force the Cowboys to keep three quarterbacks on the final roster.

Along with the draft picks, the Cowboys signed their 15 undrafted free agents and also rookie Isaac Alarcon signed his contract as well

The rookies arrived on Sunday at The Star in Frisco, two days before the rest of the team is expected to return.
Assassin
    nice pickup for the Bears! I would have made that trade for a 6th based on a physical in a heartbeatBears traded TE Adam Shaheen to the Dolphins in exchange for a conditional 2021 sixth-round pick.Because they are giving up next to nothing, it's a worthwhile trade for Miami to see if they can unlock Shaheen, who has been crushed by injuries thus far. Shaheen, a 2017 second-round pick, only caught 26 passes in three seasons with Chicago, but at least stands at 6-foot-6, 278 pounds with some movement skills. This acquisition does nothing to change Mike Gesicki's 2020 outlook. RELATED: SOURCE: Pro Football TalkJul 25, 2020, 6:46 PM ET
Assassin
Broncos signed No. 15 overall pick WR Jerry Jeudy to a four-year, $15.2 million contract. will be interesting to keep a comparitive eye on vs Lamb
Assassin
Seahawks no longer pursuing Clowney...
Assassin
On the same day the Cowboys officially signed their seven draft picks, the club also signed offensive tackle Isaac Alarcon.

The rookie from Mexico via Monterrey Tech, is part of the NFL's International Player Pathway program. Alarcon, one of four international players signed to NFC East teams, is expected to remain with the Cowboys, at least on the practice squad, for the entire season.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Seahawks no longer pursuing Clowney...

Adams prices them out of Clown...
BearForce
Assassin said:

On the same day the Cowboys officially signed their seven draft picks, the club also signed offensive tackle Isaac Alarcon.

The rookie from Mexico via Monterrey Tech, is part of the NFL's International Player Pathway program. Alarcon, one of four international players signed to NFC East teams, is expected to remain with the Cowboys, at least on the practice squad, for the entire season.

And he counts as an extra on the practice squad above the normal cap.
BaylorRocks
Assassin said:

Broncos signed No. 15 overall pick WR Jerry Jeudy to a four-year, $15.2 million contract. will be interesting to keep a comparitive eye on vs Lamb
Lamb is obviously waaay better than Jeudy. The Cowboys only pick the best of the best.........
BearForce
zunooreo said:

Assassin said:

Lamb is obviously waaay better than Jeudy. The Cowboys only pick the best of the best.........
Zero...you were doing so well of late but you are making me reconsider my choice to take you off of ignore.

For the rest of the team, to be honest while I like Lamb more, it is only slightly more and would have been just as happy with Jeudy. Ruggs to me is a step below both of them and I think I would have passed on him if he was there at 17 instead of Lamb.
Assassin
BearForce
Assassin said:

True, then again they do have Super Bowl title, unlike say the Lions, Browns, Chargers, etc. Levels in the club of futility are relative I guess....LOL
Assassin
BearForce said:

True, then again they do have Super Bowl title, unlike say the Lions, Browns, Chargers, etc. Levels in the club of futility are relative I guess....LOL
but when Dak takes over as Jets QB...
Wichitabear
zunooreo said:

Assassin said:

omg! I really don't know why you bother to come to this thread. You are obviously not a cowboy fan.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

but when Dak takes over as Jets QB...
Dak is going to Indy....
Assassin
Andy Dalton is chomping at the bit... he never had the kind of talent the Cowboys have while he was stuck in the frigid north
BearForce
Assassin said:

Andy Dalton is chomping at the bit... he never had the kind of talent the Cowboys have while he was stuck in the frigid north

I dont know man...I mean AJ Green in his prime was a better receiver than Cooper in my opinion. As to his #2 and 3 WRs that likely is in favor of Dallas. Agree that Dalton didn't have a Zeke but his OL wasn't chopped liver. If anything you could argue that Dalton had a better defense supporting him in Cincinnati than we have right now. In some ways they may have underperformed by a good bit, but not relative to the history of the franchise.
BearForce
FYSA, if any of you have Sprint/T-Mobile they are as part of T-Mobile Tuesdays offering a free one year subscription to the Athletic if you haven't had a subscription before.

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I dont know man...I mean AJ Green in his prime was a better receiver than Cooper in my opinion. As to his #2 and 3 WRs that likely is in favor of Dallas. Agree that Dalton didn't have a Zeke but his OL wasn't chopped liver. If anything you could argue that Dalton had a better defense supporting him in Cincinnati than we have right now. In some ways they may have underperformed by a good bit, but not relative to the history of the franchise.
All the D had to do was cover top and bottom on AJ. He still beat them but he didnt have a trio like this

As for D, not sure if Jason ever spoke to the D coaches... why they never got a fireplug or two I have no idea. Now we have a couple.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

All the D had to do was cover top and bottom on AJ. He still beat them but he didnt have a trio like this

As for D, not sure if Jason ever spoke to the D coaches... why they never got a fireplug or two I have no idea. Now we have a couple.

Agree we finally have a true 1 tech but we have DLaw and a whole bunch of question marks at DE, a unknown until back on the field LVE (thank goodnes for Sean Lee) and lots of questions to be answered at CB.

The Kiffin/Marinelli Tampa 2 experiment has to be called a failure.
Assassin
Assassin
BearForce said:

Agree we finally have a true 1 tech but we have DLaw and a whole bunch of question marks at DE, a unknown until back on the field LVE (thank goodnes for Sean Lee) and lots of questions to be answered at CB.

I am excited to see ANY football right now. I do think we need to win right out of the gate in case the season is called short. It could happen if there is some kind of wave of the virus
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I am excited to see ANY football right now. I do think we need to win right out of the gate in case the season is called short. It could happen if there is some kind of wave of the virus
Shades of 1982...agree!
BearForce
First Page Last Page
Page 446 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.