Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,099 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by BearkatBear
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

The Football Club That No One Knows Their Name beats the Stealers 23-17

And exposes the Steelers for the fraud I thought they were.

For real?
Yes...when we (Dallas) could play them and be in position to win the game with Garrett Gilbert at QB, that means you are a fraud. It was just a matter of time before they got exposed.

Heck, I think they are at best the 4th best team in the AFC as I know KC is better, and I think Buffalo and Tennessee (even if they got nuked by Cleveland) are better teams than the Steelers right now.

Hmm. I've never seen a Tomlin coached Steelers team that I would classify as a "fraud"

They are what I want us to be. Good, every year.
Think of the term relatively speaking as in they are not the 1974 Dolphins, the 1985 Bears, or the recent Patriots team that had an almost undefeated run. They arent that good and that is what I meant by fraud.
Wichitabear
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

For real?
Yes...when we (Dallas) could play them and be in position to win the game with Garrett Gilbert at QB, that means you are a fraud. It was just a matter of time before they got exposed.

Heck, I think they are at best the 4th best team in the AFC as I know KC is better, and I think Buffalo and Tennessee (even if they got nuked by Cleveland) are better teams than the Steelers right now.

Hmm. I've never seen a Tomlin coached Steelers team that I would classify as a "fraud"

I don't think they are that good
Assassin
BearForce said:

And here is a beautiful mock draft...note getting a 2022 first round pick from the 49ers

sweet! And a future 1 to top it off.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

For real?

I will say Pittsburgh wasnt undefeated good but they are one of the best coached and ran teams in the league and Tomlin is an excellent coach. I would take him and know I will win for years to come. Same with Baltimore and John Harbaugh.
Assassin

Still intruiged with Kyle Pitts. Trading back got us a wealth of picks
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has a calf injury raising some questions about his availability for Sunday's upcoming game against the Bengals.

Elliott suffered the injury in the loss to the Ravens on Tuesday night. He finished with 77 yards on 18 carries along with four receptions for 18 yards.
Assassin
With the Cowboys two games out of first place in the NFC East and four games remaining in the regular season, there's a possibility the team could play younger players the rest of the way.

"When you look at each individual player you go throw it," McCarthy said. "And definitely some of your young guys have earned opportunities. The game plan, as we move through [Wednesday], will determine some of that. That is something we will talk about. There are some players who may be coming back from injury. The roster management is something will have to look at in the next 48 hours."
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has a calf injury raising some questions about his availability for Sunday's upcoming game against the Bengals.

Elliott suffered the injury in the loss to the Ravens on Tuesday night. He finished with 77 yards on 18 carries along with four receptions for 18 yards.
I had no idea. I went to bed lol
Assassin
Cowboys flexed out of Sunday night to Noon on CBS. Cant imagine why!
trumpetbear
Assassin said:

I read it's the first time Dallas has been flexed out of Sunday night since NBC started airing it.
BearForce
From a The Athletic article talking about Philly and Wentz...enjoy

Quote:

5. Given the Eagles' aging and expensive roster, should they hit the reset button and start over?

The Eagles were facing a roster reckoning even if Wentz and the offense had functioned at a high level this season, and even if the salary cap were expected to expand instead of contract. A cap manager from another team struggled to find enough players to release for Philly to comply with the projected $175 million cap for next season.

"Holy ****," the cap manager said at one point.

"They are screwed in general," he said a few moments later.

Finally: "This is a bear."

"I would advocate tearing it all down and starting over," a top exec from another team said. "Do you do that with Carson? Do you trade Carson and play Hurts for a year and see where it goes because he can be a run-around guy? It all depends who you hire as head coach."
Timbear
Ever since Zeke got his big money, like many said had to be done, he's not produced as he did before.
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

For real?

Id hate to know what you think is good then, see BearForce post above
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Still intruiged with Kyle Pitts. Trading back got us a wealth of picks
Pitts is legit but I think he is a big WR more than a TE and even with that said I just don't see Dallas going that direction. CB, Edge, OT or maybe DL but not a hybrid TE. The Northwestern OT Slater is blowing up (people think he is actually a more technically sound OT than Sewell and has dominated Chase Young) and something I had not thought about is you could draft him and put him at RT and move Collins back to LG for a line of:

LT - Smith
LG - Collins
C - Badass
RG - Martin
RT - Slater

If and when Smith is done you can slide Slater over to that side and either get another RT or move Collins back to RT and get a LG (if that isn't McGovern).
Assassin
trumpetbear said:

Assassin said:

I read it's the first time Dallas has been flexed out of Sunday night since NBC started airing it.
not much to draw folks in anymore
BearForce
My philosophy was to do as many trades as I could to maximize top 100 picks. That and I have no idea about the "Las Vegas Cowboys" reference on pick 94.

Assassin
interesting, LV went with Kyle Pitts at 7. A bit high for me right now

btw - the LV Cowboys were the team they traded with. The TDN algorithm is picking up the City of the on and Moniker of the other
Assassin
I like TDN setup except I wish that trade offers were a bit to the side so you could see who was coming up and if you truly wanted to trade up or down
BearForce
Assassin said:

interesting, LV went with Kyle Pitts at 7. A bit high for me right now

btw - the LV Cowboys were the team they traded with. The TDN algorithm is picking up the City of the on and Moniker of the other

Witten replacement...
BearForce
Assassin said:

I like TDN setup except I wish that trade offers were a bit to the side so you could see who was coming up and if you truly wanted to trade up or down

Totally agree...it's hard to figure out if you want to do the trade when you cant see who is available on the board.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Totally agree...it's hard to figure out if you want to do the trade when you cant see who is available on the board.
but so much of it is so very cool!

Thanks for the tip. BTW - I also got a sub to PFF. Thought it was the one you were using, it kinda sucks!
Assassin
I have the 2021 Draft Guide from PFF but it's 40mg.
BearForce
Assassin said:

I have the 2021 Draft Guide from PFF but it's 40mg.
Yeah I went ahead and got a subscription to PFF as well. Their draft sim is ok but definitely like DFN more, not to mention the scouting profiles which is how I found them in the first place.
Wichitabear
GoldMind said:

Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

For real?

I know they have won a lot of games, I just think we have stronger teams that could beat em. We will see. They will be in the playoffs.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

For real?

I know they have won a lot of games, I just think we have stronger teams that could beat em. We will see. They will be in the playoffs.
Assuming we figure things out with Dak, the advantage we have is we have a QB that still has upside whereas Big Ben is very much on the decline and is a shell of himself.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

For real?

Assuming we figure things out with Dak, the advantage we have is we have a QB that still has upside whereas Big Ben is very much on the decline and is a shell of himself.
Ditto
Assassin
Cowboys rookie center Tyler Biadasz has been designated to return from injured reserve. Starting CB Chidobe Awuzie has been placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.
Assassin
Heading into the week 14 matchup, the Cowboys defense currently ranks 32nd in points, 24th in yards, 29th in turnovers, 31st in passing touchdowns given up, 32nd in rush attempts given up, 32nd in rushing yards given up, and 29th in rushing touchdowns given up. Yikes..

But that Bengals offense is also not very good. The Bengals offense currently ranks 29th in points scored, 27th in yards, 25th in turnovers, 26th in passing touchdowns, 26th in rush attempts, 30th in rushing yards, and 25th in rushing touchdowns. From an advanced metric perspective, the Bengals offense ranks 26th in offensive EPA/play, 24th in success rate, 24th in dropback EPA, and 18th in rushing EPA.
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
The Cowboys are barely practicing this week after playing on Tuesday night. Elliott's status for Sunday's game against the Bengals does not appear to be in doubt. Despite continued disappointing returns, Elliott's workloads keep him safely in the RB2 mix. The Bengals are a plus spot for the first week of the fantasy playoffs.
Assassin
BaylorRocks
3 - 9

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS !!!!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

It was! Refs didn't call it. Mad
Assassin
First Page Last Page
Page 516 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.