Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,081,760 Views | 29560 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by trumpetbear
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like the Washingtonian football team is pretty upset about Alex Smith being cut loose

On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
This would blow me away if Fields AND Jones went before Zach Wilson.

However if any of those drop to 10, we would have some major tradebait

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-mock-draft-qb-justin-fields-lands-with-the-jets-at-no-2-falcons-select-florida-te-kyle-pitts-at-no-4
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-mock-draft-qb-justin-fields-lands-with-the-jets-at-no-2-falcons-select-florida-te-kyle-pitts-at-no-4
I can still buy Fields but no way on Jones...I would be just as stunned.
trey3216
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I honestly think Jones is going to be really, really good in the NFL.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I need to see an Alabama QB to get it done in the NFL before I can believe. The talent around them is so good in college it's hard for me to evaluate them. I don't know if Jones is any better than AJ McCarron or any other non-descript Alabama QB.
trey3216
BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I need to see an Alabama QB to get it done in the NFL before I can believe. The talent around them is so good in college it's hard for me to evaluate them. I don't know if Jones is any better than AJ McCarron or any other non-descript Alabama QB.

i get that for sure, I'm just saying I really like what I saw from him. Dude made some really nice throws down the middle and outside the numbers. Accurate.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Fields was too inconsistent for me. Wilson had a better resume. But no way on Jones, probably an end of first if I had to put a value on him. However he is a QB. If he drops to 10... San Fran at 12, Saints at 14 or Pats at 15. I'm thinking any MIGHT get your Surtrain or Farley. Horn should be there at 15

Not sure I would go back further than 18. Washingtonians really seem to like Horn at 19. Of course if you think S is your best bet, trading back in the 20s should get you either of the S's

With that said, I wouldnt trading back into the 20's, picking up DT Barmore in Rd 1 and going with 2nd round Aaron Robinson, the UCF CB, Holland, the Oregon S, Melifonwu, the Syracuse CB or the Ohio State CB.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Fields was too inconsistent for me. Wilson had a better resume. But no way on Jones, probably an end of first if I had to put a value on him. However he is a QB. If he drops to 10... San Fran at 12, Saints at 14 or Pats at 15. I'm thinking any MIGHT get your Surtrain or Farley. Horn should be there at 15

Not sure I would go back further than 18. Washingtonians really seem to like Horn at 19. Of course if you think S is your best bet, trading back in the 20s should get you either of the S's

With that said, I wouldnt trading back into the 20's, picking up DT Barmore in Rd 1 and going with 2nd round Aaron Robinson, the UCF CB, Holland, the Oregon S, Melifonwu, the Syracuse CB or the Ohio State CB.
To be fair Wilson had one good year and a couple of meh years whereas Fields had both but at a much higher level of competition and I suspect he was injured this year. Wilson could be the next Joe Burrow or he could be the next one-year wonder as much as Fields could be.
Assassin
courtesy DMN:

New Orleans' money troubles could present an opportunity to grab an effective nose tackle for pennies on the dollar. On Tuesday, a report surfaced that the Saints have been listening to trade offers for Malcom Brown, as trading the defensive tackle would save the team almost $5 million in salary-cap space which doesn't really solve their salary-cap woes, but every little bit does help.

Similar to how Calais Campbell and Jurrell Casey were traded for Day 3 picks last year, maybe the Cowboys could potentially get Brown in exchange for a late-round pick.

Even on his current three-year, $15 million contract, Brown would be able to provide instant value for the Cowboys defense, as the 6-foot-2 and 320-pound defensive tackle specializes in stuffing the run something Dallas' DTs didn't do much of last season as he finished seventh among interior defensive linemen in run-stop percentage (11.5%) in 2020.
BearForce
Assassin said:

courtesy DMN:

New Orleans' money troubles could present an opportunity to grab an effective nose tackle for pennies on the dollar. On Tuesday, a report surfaced that the Saints have been listening to trade offers for Malcom Brown, as trading the defensive tackle would save the team almost $5 million in salary-cap space which doesn't really solve their salary-cap woes, but every little bit does help.

Similar to how Calais Campbell and Jurrell Casey were traded for Day 3 picks last year, maybe the Cowboys could potentially get Brown in exchange for a late-round pick.

Even on his current three-year, $15 million contract, Brown would be able to provide instant value for the Cowboys defense, as the 6-foot-2 and 320-pound defensive tackle specializes in stuffing the run something Dallas' DTs didn't do much of last season as he finished seventh among interior defensive linemen in run-stop percentage (11.5%) in 2020.
Brown would be very nice pick up
Assassin
At this point I would assume Dallas franchises Dak, but that also gives Dallas time to sign to a long term deal.

Free agency starts March 17th. Will we lose both our CBs or just one?

a firm cap still not set. Interesting. What is holding it up?
BearForce
Assassin said:

At this point I would assume Dallas franchises Dak, but that also gives Dallas time to sign to a long term deal.

Rumor is TV contracts are already being negotiated.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Rumor is TV contracts are already being negotiated.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

courtesy DMN:

Not sure how to read the contracts these days vs cap but here it is

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/malcom-brown-16756/

However giving up one of our 6ths for him would probably take us out of Christian Barmore sweepstakes and let us concentrate on DBs and backup LBs. I would think even a 5th. If we knew what kind of deal we could get with him in 2022, even a 4th.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

courtesy DMN:

However giving up one of our 6ths for him would probably take us out of Christian Barmore sweepstakes and let us concentrate on DBs and backup LBs. I would think even a 5th. If we knew what kind of deal we could get with him in 2022, even a 4th.
Dak just signed! Anyone know the deal?
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

courtesy DMN:

Dak just signed! Anyone know the deal?

Nope but as you said

Wichitabear
Waiting on length of the deal.
Wichitabear
Wichitabear said:

4 years 160 mil
Wichitabear
Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

4 years 164mil
Should be able to live with this!
Wichitabear
So what do y'all think ????
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

4 years 164mil
I wonder how it is structured and if the 4th year is a real 4th year or if it's voidable. There was rumor that Dak wanted a no tag clause for the 4th year so it will be interesting to see if that is in the deal.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

So what do y'all think ????
It's market value so I can live with it and I bet it is structured such that the Cowboys can as well.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

4 years 164mil
I wonder how it is structured and if the 4th year is a real 4th year or if it's voidable. There was rumor that Dak wanted a no tag clause for the 4th year so it will be interesting to see if that is in the deal.
I guess will find out Wednesday
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

4 years 164mil
I guess will find out Wednesday
Like you said 4 year, $160M with $126M guaranteed and in the first three years he earns an average of $42M per year so the last year would be $34M. That last year smells very voidable especially since the first 3 years look to be the guaranteed money.
BearForce
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

ok! Sounds like a deal!!! 66 million signing bonus-I would love that!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

ok! Sounds like a deal!!!
That is huge as that gives us mega flexibility now in working the cap
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

ok! Sounds like a deal!!!
That is huge as that gives us mega flexibility now in working the cap

Which is what I was worried about. I'm thrilled!
BearForce
Hmm, I suggest voidable years a year ago if you all remember...

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Hmm, I suggest voidable years a year ago if you all remember...

we do sweetness! Lol. Just not as smart as you. Lol
BearForce
Miami and Tennessee swap 7th round picks for 2020 1st round pick Isaiah Wilson. Goodness did Tennessee want to get rid of him...wow
BearForce
Mike Fisher is saying the cap hit this year is $22.5M so wow that is tremendous.
BearForce
LOL

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

LOL

lol
Assassin
BearForce said:

Miami and Tennessee swap 7th round picks for 2020 1st round pick Isaiah Wilson. Goodness did Tennessee want to get rid of him...wow
holy crap!

sounds like a locker room pack of measles
First Page Last Page
Page 546 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.