Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,450 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by BearkatBear
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I would be ok with that.
he's played for McCarthy before
Assassin
Fellow Texas A&I Javelina Al Harris is going into the Packers Hall of Fame with Charles Woodson.

Al Harris is finally slated to get his moment in the sun.

The Cowboys' defensive backs coach was a seven-year starter and a two-time Pro Bowler for the Green Bay Packers from 2003-09. His achievements were enough to get him nominated to the Packers' Hall of Fame last year.

Of course, like many other celebrations, Harris' induction alongside Charles Woodson was put on hold due to COVID-19.

With things slowly opening back up, the Packers announced Wednesday that the ceremonies would proceed Saturday, Aug. 28, at Lambeau Field.

By that point, Harris should be close to wrapping up his second training camp with the Cowboys, who are slated to finish their preseason with a home exhibition against Jacksonville.
Assassin
ya really really gotta like kids like this:

Center. Guard. Tackle.

Matt Farniok played everywhere in four seasons at Nebraska, where he became just the 13th two-time captain in program history. He made 26 starts at right tackle from his freshman year through his junior season. As a senior he moved inside, mostly at right guard.

That position flexibility made him the 11th of 11 Cowboys draft picks: No. 238 overall.

The Cowboys' message to the 6-foot-5, 311-pounder?

"They told me to be versatile," Farniok said. "They said be ready to play every position, whether it's guard, center or tackle, just be ready."
Assassin
2020 draft pick Reggie Robinson converting from CB to S
BearForce
Assassin said:

2020 draft pick Reggie Robinson converting from CB to S

You are behind my friend

Assassin
Zeke's Rotweiller bit somebody - again. How in the world do you let your dogs out these days, especially in rich neighborhoods like the one he lives in...
Assassin
The Dallas Cowboys added a wide receiver to the roster Monday.
And while it may not have been Julio Jones, Dallas did sign some extra depth at the position in former Ohio State wideout Johnnie Dixon.
Here's what our Cowboys insider Michael Gehlken told subscribers Monday who are signed up for updates via text message from The Dallas Morning News. (You can sign up for the service at the bottom of this post.)
Gehlken: "The Cowboys are stacked at wide receiver, so they obviously weren't a serious trade suitor for Julio Jones. But they are interested in adding competition to the depth chart's back end. Today, Dallas signed former Ohio State wide receiver Johnnie Dixon. He tried out for the team last Friday during the same workout at which Brett Hundley participated. Hundley remains unsigned. The Cowboys plan to evaluate their quarterback position some during OTAs before making a final determination on Hundley."

Assassin
OTA's start today
Assassin
As Jaylon's playing time appears to start shrinking, so does his number.... moving to 9
BearForce
Assassin said:

As Jaylon's playing time appears to start shrinking, so does his number.... moving to 9

Yep...diminishing returns
BearForce

Assassin
BearForce said:

their coaching staff is growing by leaps and bounds
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I hope it helps
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I hope it helps
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-add-former-giants-head-coach-ben-mcadoo-to-staff-ahead-of-mandatory-minicamp/
Wichitabear
I'm really excited to see how the Cowboys play this year. Can't wait to watch Dak. Ready for football already especially the Baylor Bears. However, winning the basketball championship will keep my head up in the clouds for a very long time.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I hope it helps
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-add-former-giants-head-coach-ben-mcadoo-to-staff-ahead-of-mandatory-minicamp/
More eyes to watch and help, gotta be good.
BearForce
BearForce
Assassin
BearForce said:

Browns are looking much better lately
GoldMind
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Will be interesting to see if Detroit can get a trophy before I die.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
trey3216
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Will be interesting to see if Detroit can get a trophy before I die.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
boognish_bear
Assassin
BearForce
boognish_bear said:

Jerry I don't think after the Wade Phillips situation will fire a coach again midseason and even then I think the fact he had Garrett already in place was key to that situation. I don't see that head coach in waiting to have Jerry do that this time.
GoldMind
BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

Jerry I don't think after the Wade Phillips situation will fire a coach again midseason and even then I think the fact he had Garrett already in place was key to that situation. I don't see that head coach in waiting to have Jerry do that this time.
Same
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
Here's what Hek'ma Harrison, an analyst for DallasCowboys.com, recently wrote on the team's official website about what he saw from Kazee during his OTA debut in Dallas this past week.
Quote:

"Modern medicine has made some serious advancements, because Kazee seems to be showing zero effects from the injury. Kazee covered ground easily from the safety position, planted his feet and also changed directions smoothly. Kazee closes ground quickly and uses good angles getting to the ball."
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Here's what Hek'ma Harrison, an analyst for DallasCowboys.com, recently wrote on the team's official website about what he saw from Kazee during his OTA debut in Dallas this past week.
Quote:

"Modern medicine has made some serious advancements, because Kazee seems to be showing zero effects from the injury. Kazee covered ground easily from the safety position, planted his feet and also changed directions smoothly. Kazee closes ground quickly and uses good angles getting to the ball."

"Modern medicine" aka GH and anavar.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Quote:

"Modern medicine" aka GH and anavar.
not from an Achilles tendon tear:

MOre from the same guy:

Here's a look at a few who caught my eye:

• Carlos Watkins came out with some bounce at Tuesday's practice, literally leap frogging a standing tackling dummy. That's an impressive feat for a man weighing in at 6'3, 300 pounds. The fifth year defensive tackle, former fourth-round pick ,was very impressive showing powerful hands in reaction drills. Watkins is athletic and maintains balance when engaged. He's a very good striker with above average bend.
  • Brent Urban's size and stature is a presence in the D-Line group. Urban plays with a good base and quick footwork. The club move may be his specialty. He has good change of direction. He uses his length to his advantage by using his hands to stun and rip. Urban's lower body strength is apparent when you see him in shed drills, combined with good pop and extension.
  • Anthony Brown shouldn't be counted out and he's practicing like it. In 7-on-7 drills opposite Trevon Diggs, Brown looked comfortable driving on receivers and jumping routes. On several plays he recognized and reacted to routes well. Brown did a good job shading receivers and taking away inside moves while maintaining outside leverage. He was smooth in his back pedal with good hands and hips to stay on top of receivers. After last year's rib injury Brown couldn't extend to punch at the line of scrimmage. Now fully healed, the punch is back.
  • Jourdan Lewis isn't a prototypical Dan Quinn guy physically, but he is tough as nails. Lewis tested receivers within every yard allowed to have contact by clawing, pushing, and bumping receivers off routes. He does a good job of frustrating receivers because he's pesky and physical. Jourdan Lewis competed in every drill and every play.

• Damontae Kazee ruptured his Achilles tendon in 2020? That's the question I kept asking myself while watching team drills. Modern medicine has made some serious advancements, because Kazee seems to be showing zero effects from the injury. Kazee covered ground easily from the safety position, planted his feet and also changed directions smoothly. Kazee closes ground quickly and uses good angles getting to the ball. The organization took a ton of heat for not taking a true safety in the draft. Seeing Kazee's progress on the field might help explain why.
  • Bradlee Anae looks like he's packed on some pounds during the offseason. With the addition of size he's noticeably more explosive. He displayed several moves from a chop swim, club, rip, and spin move. Another improvement is his balance and feet. Not only is he exploding out of his stance but he's keeping his feet active. Anae worked well in one-on-one with hand technique. Fine tuning his hand fighting may help him gain playing time, especially with his disadvantage of arm length.
  • Tarell Basham's most recognizable trait is his motor. He doesn't stop. He is quick off the ball. He worked on moves at half speed, getting coached on his feet and hand placement. Basham has to add more moves to his arsenal and increase his flexibility to make an impact. No matter what, count on Basham to go full speed.
  • Rico Dowdle lined up at every position on special teams. He caught punts, lined up at edge, gunner, and corner. Special teams will probably be Dowdle's best opportunity to make the team, so it wouldn't surprise me if he took off his shoe and attempted to punt. In 7-on-7, Dowdle took most of the running back reps and a few slot receiver reps.

Related Content

Assassin
We need Zeke is a top 2 OG but we have another at 21 https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-guard-rankings-the-32-best-players-entering-the-2021-nfl-season
Assassin
Kenue Neal is up to 222. Gonna be interesting to see who is our starting LBs this season
Assassin
Minnesota tried to trade up from 14 to 12 to take Rashawn Slater. Would have been interesting to see what they offered
Assassin
BF, didnt we like Chinn at S in the draft?

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/46089/Panthers-Moving-Jeremy-Chinn-From-Linebacker-To-Safety
BearForce
Assassin said:

BF, didnt we like Chinn at S in the draft?

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/46089/Panthers-Moving-Jeremy-Chinn-From-Linebacker-To-Safety
Assassin
Still not sure about all these guys surgically repaired. With all my surgeries, there is always a twinge, an ache, a yikes... that wasnt there before. And my right arm is probably only about 60%. Maybe the fact that the bone was sticking out through the skin makes it harder but we have seen that before.

No matter what the PR guys say, you are never the same. You have to physically and mentally adapt to that injury
BearForce
Assassin said:

Still not sure about all these guys surgically repaired. With all my surgeries, there is always a twinge, an ache, a yikes... that wasnt there before. And my right arm is probably only about 60%. Maybe the fact that the bone was sticking out through the skin makes it harder but we have seen that before.

No matter what the PR guys say, you are never the same. You have to physically and mentally adapt to that injury
Yep, totally agree...there is always a scar...even if it isn't a physical scar
First Page Last Page
Page 576 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.