Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,096,079 Views | 29954 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by MrGolfguy
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ESPN 2021 PRojection

Late push from Cowboys wins them the NFC East

Through Week 13, it appeared as though Washington would win the NFC East. The Dallas Cowboys scuffled to a 6-6 start, while Washington had a two-game lead at 8-4.

But in Week 14, the tide turned as Dallas beat Washington in Landover, 27-20, then took care of business in East Rutherford a week later with a 17-10 win over the Giants. The Cowboys headed home and beat Washington for the second time in three weeks in a 38-10 rout before finishing off the four-game win streak with a 27-24 win over the Cardinals, sealing the division. Washington, for its part, closed out the year with six straight losses.

But as mentioned above, Dallas' comeback and playoff berth yielded no postseason success, as it lost 24-16 at home to the Saints.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Dak Prescott signed his $160 million deal in March. The Cowboys, though, recently renegotiated it to create $5 million in cap space.

Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News reports the team converted $6.25 million of Prescott's $9 million base salary for 2021 into a signing bonus. The quarterback's base salary this season now is only $2.75 million.

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians ruled safety Jordan Whitehead out for Thursday's game against the Cowboys with a hamstring injury and Whitehead had some company on the team's Tuesday injury report.

Wide receiver Chris Godwin was a new addition to the report. He's listed as a limited participant due to a quad injury. There's been no sign of worry from the team about Godwin playing against Dallas, but it will be something to watch on Wednesday.

Godwin's fellow wideout Antonio Brown did not practice on Tuesday. He was a full participant on Monday and is listed with a knee issue after having offseason surgery.

Three other Bucs were added to the report, but rest days and not injuries were behind tight end Rob Gronkowski, defensive tackle Steve McLendon, and pass rusher Jason Pierre-Paul landing on the list.
Assassin
Sam 'Bam' Cunningham dies at 71.

If you were a child of football in the 60s and 70s, Sam was a legend. Randall was his younger brother
Assassin
The Cowboys held a walk-through practice Tuesday, so their injury report was an estimation. The only change was the addition of long snapper Jake McQuaide.

McQuaide was a full participant with a foot injury.

Swing tackle Ty Nsekhe (foot) remained the only player who was limited.

Defensive end Chauncey Golston (hamstring), quarterback Dak Prescott (right shoulder), defensive end Tarell Basham (ankle), cornerback C.J. Goodwin (hamstring), defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence (back) and safety Donovan Wilson (groin) had full practices again Tuesday. That bodes well for their availability for Thursday night's opener against the Buccaneers.

Assassin
As of Tuesday morning, the Cowboys have yet to rule out Zack Martin to play against the Bucs Thursday night.

That doesn't mean things won't change by the end of the day or even Wednesday before the team departs for Tampa Bay, but for now, the Cowboys still think there's a small chance Martin could play.

He's currently in the COVID-19 protocol after testing positive earlier this week. But if he can pass two tests in a 24-hour span before the game, and be symptom free for 48 hours, Martin would be cleared the play.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

The Cowboys held a walk-through practice Tuesday, so their injury report was an estimation. The only change was the addition of long snapper Jake McQuaide.

Defensive end Chauncey Golston (hamstring), quarterback Dak Prescott (right shoulder), defensive end Tarell Basham (ankle), cornerback C.J. Goodwin (hamstring), defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence (back) and safety Donovan Wilson (groin) had full practices again Tuesday. That bodes well for their availability for Thursday night's opener against the Buccaneers.

Is it Zack Martin that won't be playing for the Cowboys. Injured? I hope we win. I'm so surprised that the Bears will not be getting Zach Pyron next year. Depressed!!!! Cowboys gotta win. You answered my question right above this and I never noticed. Lol I'm losing it! Sorry. Now if you could fix that QB situation for the bears, my week would be so much better.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Is it Zack Martin that won't be playing for the Cowboys. Injured? I hope we win. I'm so surprised that the Bears will not be getting Zach Pyron next year. Depressed!!!! Cowboys gotta win.
Still up in the air a bit
Assassin
OUCH!

The Cowboys help raise the curtains on NFL 2021 in incredibly short order in Tampa Bay on Thursday night. That will be the scene where the Buccaneers became the first team to win the Super Bowl on their home field and have since become the only team since the salary cap was instituted to return all 22 Super Bowl starters. This, of course, after becoming the only team in history to win a Super Bowl at the end of a playoff run where they beat three Super Bowl MVPs in their path as Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes all suffered the pain of playoff disappointment.
boognish_bear
BearForce
boognish_bear said:

Defenders but that might not work with the XFL DC Defenders technically being a thing.
boognish_bear
BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

Defenders but that might not work with the XFL DC Defenders technically being a thing.

I was thinking if given those choices I would go with Defenders or Commanders.
BearForce
boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

Yep!
GoldMind
BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

Yep!
Which could you make a better logo with, I bet thats who will win out
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

Yep!

Well like I said Defenders is out unless Daniel Snyder wants to be sued by the XFL for copyright infringement or buys the rights to the name from the DC Defenders. Heck just thinking about it, the Commanders name might be a problem to depending on who owns the rights to the San Antonio Commanders name from the defunct AAF.
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

Yep!

Well like I said Defenders is out unless Daniel Snyder wants to be sued by the XFL for copyright infringement or buys the rights to the name from the DC Defenders. Heck just thinking about it, the Commanders name might be a problem to depending on who owns the rights to the San Antonio Commanders name from the defunct AAF.
Im probably the only one on earth who thinks it should be Soldiers. I dont think that name is taken. It suggests a fighting spirit, patriotism etc.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
Washington Zombies works pretty well
Assassin
Before Dak's Week 5 injury, he was dealing with a league-worst starting field position average of the 23-yard line, but miraculously they were the third-highest scoring team in the NFL, averaging 31.5 points per game.

TEAM
POINTS/GAME RANKING
AVG. DRIVE START RANKING

Green Bay Packers

Seattle Seahawks

Dallas Cowboys

Cleveland Browns

Buffalo Bills
Assassin
Dallas Cowboys at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-8, 51.5)

Schatz: Dallas looks very good this year. The Cowboys are a top-10 team by projected DVOA, with a top-10 offense and an improved defense. But Tampa Bay is our No. 1 projected team right now, forecast to rank in the top four on both offense and defense. The Bucs also have an advantage as a Super Bowl champion hosting their home opener. Since 2004, when the NFL began starting the season with a Thursday home game for the reigning Super Bowl champion, the reigning champs are 13-2 on opening night and 9-3-3 against the spread (not including 2013, when the Ravens began the season on the road, or 2019, when the NFL opened with Bears-Packers instead of the champion Patriots).

Pick: Bucs -8

I'd take the over
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Schatz: Dallas looks very good this year. The Cowboys are a top-10 team by projected DVOA, with a top-10 offense and an improved defense. But Tampa Bay is our No. 1 projected team right now, forecast to rank in the top four on both offense and defense. The Bucs also have an advantage as a Super Bowl champion hosting their home opener. Since 2004, when the NFL began starting the season with a Thursday home game for the reigning Super Bowl champion, the reigning champs are 13-2 on opening night and 9-3-3 against the spread (not including 2013, when the Ravens began the season on the road, or 2019, when the NFL opened with Bears-Packers instead of the champion Patriots).

I'd take the over
I got an easy W for Americas Team.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

I'd take the over
I got an easy W for Americas Team.
easy peasy
BellCountyBear
Could you please move this thread to the "Religion and Politics" board?
Wichitabear
BearForce or Assassin what time does the game start?
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

720pm
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

720pm
Thank you
Assassin
did we win yet?
Assassin
.2% chance of tie tonight, 29.8% chance Tampa Bay is gonna LOOOOOOSE!
Assassin
Brady was scared!
Assassin
cooper!!
Wichitabear
I'm not happy with CD Lamb. I want too see him in the end zone with that ball in his hand! We were going down the field so good but ya throw to CeeDee a couple of times and he lets ya down.
BearForce
Nice first offensive drive...bad drop by CeeDee
Assassin
BearForce said:

Nice first offensive drive...bad drop by CeeDee
2 drops by ceedee
Wichitabear
Well here we go. Tampa picking up their 1st downs. Come on Defense!!!!!
Assassin
booo
Wichitabear
Tampa Bay TD. Brady makes it look so easy. I want Sack him so bad.
First Page Last Page
Page 590 of 856

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.