Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,103,497 Views | 30114 Replies | Last: 53 min ago by BearForce
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Making life difficult on me lolololol
Assassin
As long as they play to Daks strengths and Zeke stays healthy and stupid-free (no boob juggling in public please) then we could have a decent year.

I'm more concerned about how the D jells Love the pick of VanderEsch. He can play any positions, is HUGE for a LB, can backpedal and play downhill. Lets the Cowboys move their LBs all over the place

Assuming there is no sophomore slump from last years rooke DBs, we would have a decent pass coverage unit

On the DL some of the youngsters have to step up with Iriving out the first 4 games. Curious to see what Ward can do inside
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
our new RB...

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
NFC East stuff

I doubt Foles can repeat last year... If Wentz goes down, the Eagles do to

NBC Sports Philadelphia expects Carson Wentz (knee) to be held out of the entire preseason.

Wentz has been limited to individual drills since July 28. Coach Doug Pederson thought he saw "a little hesitation" in Wentz's knee on July 29. "It's frustrating," Wentz said Tuesday. "Obviously, getting a chance to get out there and everything, I felt great, it was fun to be out there, but again just trusting what the doctors are saying." Wentz still appears to be on track for Week 1, but the Eagles could take it down to the wire before officially clearing him.
Assassin
Assassin said:

NFC East stuff

I doubt Foles can repeat last year... If Wentz goes down, the Eagles do to

NBC Sports Philadelphia expects Carson Wentz (knee) to be held out of the entire preseason.

Wentz has been limited to individual drills since July 28. Coach Doug Pederson thought he saw "a little hesitation" in Wentz's knee on July 29. "It's frustrating," Wentz said Tuesday. "Obviously, getting a chance to get out there and everything, I felt great, it was fun to be out there, but again just trusting what the doctors are saying." Wentz still appears to be on track for Week 1, but the Eagles could take it down to the wire before officially clearing him.
Nick Foles said he is dealing with muscle spasms in his traps and neck.

Foles has missed the last three practices and is not expected to participate in the preseason opener. He says he is fine, however, and should be back on the field soon.
KOKQB70
And Cowboys play n 2 days, let's get season going!!!!
Wichitabear
How sad!
Assassin
Executive vice president Stephen Jones likes what he has seen so far from the Dallas Cowboys in training camp.
He is especially excited about the depth at receiver, defensive back, linebacker and defensive end.
Jones said the quality of competition is so good that the Cowboys will likely have to cut five players who would have made the roster last year.
Jones is especially excited to see what tight end Rico Gathers can do in Thursday's preseason game and whether he can sustain it after blowing up early in preseason last year then tailing off.
Wichitabear
I am hoping Rico is going to be better than I think. I will be pulling for him
Assassin
Dallas Cowboys' defensive tackle David Irving was placed on the reserve/did not report list at the start of training camp to deal with off-field issues.

Owner Jerry Jones said at the time that Irving was away by agreement with the team and by design. He didn't expect to see him in camp.

Now there is a question of whether Irving's continued absence will impact his unrestricted free agent status at the end of the season and allow the Cowboys to somewhat control his destiny as a restricted free agent again.
If Irving doesn't report 30 days before the start of the regular season, which is Tuesday, he won't receive the accrued season necessary to become an unrestricted free agent in March 2019.

Article 8, Section 1(b) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement states that, "A player shall not receive an Accrued Season for any League Year in which the player is under contract to a Club and in which he failed to report to such Club at least thirty days prior to the first regular season game of that season."

Per a source, that is a rule that would apply to Irving, who is not expected to show up by Tuesday.
Wichitabear
Lovely
Assassin
anybody know if Irving showed up today?
Assassin
GoldMind
Assassin said:

No
Assassin
How is Dak doing so far;

Bryan Broaddus
Deep ball could be better. Intermediate throws have been on. Maybe needs to be a tick quicker on them. Throwing to his left on the move is back. Bad decision on Brown INT but overall solid.
Machiavelli
We need to pull the trigger on the Earl Thomas trade (responsibly, of course). Our biggest window is from now until we have to pay Dak a zillion dollars a year. Safety is one of our few weak spots and I think he'd help our young DBs substantially.
Wichitabear
Ditto
trey3216
I think a trade for Earl would be awesome, but I also think Xavier Woods and Kavon Frazier are gonna be really good
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Wichitabear
We are about to find out
Machiavelli
trey3216 said:

I think a trade for Earl would be awesome, but I also think Xavier Woods and Kavon Frazier are gonna be really good
I agree (especially Woods) but there will be growing pains.
BearForce
Machiavelli said:

trey3216 said:

I agree (especially Woods) but there will be growing pains.

And we have very little depth:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/8/8/17662642/10-detailed-reactions-to-the-cowboys-depth-chart-for-san-francisco-rico-gathers-tavon-austin
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BearForce
Football tonight folks! Preseason vs San Francisco

Here's your info for the game.
What You Need To Know
Important links: Cowboys depth chart | Roster
Date: August 9th, 2018
Game time: 10:00 PM EST
TV channel: NFL Network | Local: CBS 11
Announcers: NFLN: Ted Robinson, Tim Ryan, Dennis O'Donnell
Radio: 105.3 The Fan | Full listings |
Streaming: NFL app and Watch NFL Network, NFL.com GamePass | Fubo TV
Wichitabear
I forgot!!! Excited!
Assassin
Assassin
Dez - what the hell?

Assassin
Watching Hard Knocks, you forget just how good Jarvis Landry is. He had probably 25-30 one handed catches in that they showed. And Baker Mayfield may take over Tyrod Taylor job pretty quickly.

Dez would have to be nutz not to take a good look there. They have quite a few good players, just not a full roster
Assassin
Assassin said:

A rule in the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement states that "a player shall not receive an accrued season for any league year in which the player is under contract to a club and in which he failed to report to such club at least 30 days prior to the first regular-season game."
The Cowboys' season opener is Sept. 9 at Carolina, so Irving was approaching the 30-day mark.
But because Irving has an excused absence from the Cowboys and an agreement is in place with the club, the source said, the rule won't be applied to Irving.
Assassin
from Sanjay Lal the new WR coach;

On the player who has made the most strides
SL: I'm going to single out Lance [Lenoir] because Lance has not only changed his route-running style -- he was more of a beat-the-drum, you know, at the top of the route he would pump his arms and to me, that's kind of a dead giveaway you're breaking. He's changed that, he's opened his stride length, that was big. He was somewhat of a short strider, especially on shorter routes. Now he's opening up his stride so, I have no problem with singling him out because he works harder than most, too.

On what he's trying to implement with Dak Prescott throwing blind or before the cut
SL: The apex on our curve if we run comebacks, we run J-cuts, it might be at 18, 19 yards but we're working down a spot 15 yards, two yards from the sideline. If he can take his seven-step drop and throw the ball out there and we, say, intersect the ball, if he can trust that the receiver is going to be there, then he can throw it on time with confidence. That's one example of one route, but there's many others like that. It truly is throw to the spot, we'll get there one way or another... Whatever we have to do, we'll have our toolbox, but we have to get there and that's the challenge as a receiver.

On what he's seen from Dak Prescott so far

SL: I see a poised quarterback. Honestly, the fact that I don't notice him is a good thing because I'm so focused on the receivers. A lot of times as a receivers coach, you don't even know who's throwing it. You obviously know the ones are in, but when you don't notice the quarterback, that just means the ball is going where it should on time and you're just coaching your guy. You don't look and say 'Who threw that?' in a bad way. Every once in a while you look up and say 'Wow, who threw that one? It's a good one.'

On the players' route-running ability when he first got the job with Dallas
SL: I wouldn't say they're raw route runners. I would say everyone had something they could get a lot better at. It was more about understanding 'Well, why are we telling you to sink your hips? What does it do for you?'

I'm a firm believer if you can teach an athlete to self-correct, that's where he makes the biggest jump. So if he becomes self-aware, which they are becoming, that's the key.

On if there will be different routes than in the past
SL: I wouldn't say there's more routes in the system. The routes are in there. If you look at the book, the book's this thick and all the routes are in there. Everybody has the same stuff. So it's just a matter of what can we get good at, who can do it and then we'll implement those plays.

On how training camp is going for him so far
SL: Really good. They're buying into everything. It's a blue-collar, hardworking group that really takes coaching.
Wichitabear
So we're saying there's hope? Lol very much looking forward to watching them tonight.
Assassin
Minute by minute Dez update

Free-agent receiver Dez Bryant apparently plans to answer his phone, after all.
After being called out publicly by Browns G.M. John Dorsey for failing to press "accept" on his cellular device, Bryant tweeted that he'll start making visits next week, and that he'll be visiting the Browns.
Bryant has so far not yet identified other teams that he'll be visiting.
Wichitabear
That was a beautiful throw
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

That was a beautiful throw

Yep and Gallup is going to be a stud.
BearForce
Nice job by the defense, especially against the run.
BearForce
Taco has some wheels.
First Page Last Page
Page 187 of 861

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.