Roll Call for BYU: Who's going? Where are you staying?

6,947 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BYUTexan80
TomW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going, Park City Airbnb. Section 135, Row 26
Griz
Staying at an Airbnb in Provo.
Big12Bear
Getting in Tuesday to stay in Park City, then switching to Provo on Friday. Right across the street from the stadium.

Park City is really affordable right now, whether condo or hotel.
monsterbear61
Going via Vegas. $19 air fare each way.
Bear2014
section 22, staying in Provo!
IowaBear
Winging the whole trip, leaving Ames Friday after work on the bike.. hoping to get halfway through NE before I stop for the night. Should roll into Provo Saturday afternoon around 2.
TXWayne
Arriving Thursday, staying in a VRBO in Park City, section 134 row 24, flying back home late Monday afternoon.
BellCountyBear
Going +10. Staying in Provo at Air BnB
Wangchung
Going +7, staying in Vegas.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Big guy
Hotel within walking distance of stadium.
John Hawk
I'm driving up from SoCal, arriving Thursday and staying at the Springhill Suites within walking distance from the stadium where I will be sitting in section 134..

I'm bringing my mountain bike and going for a ride on Friday.
MashedPotatoes
monsterbear61 said:

Wait what? Please explain.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
We've got an event at Utah's stadium on Friday night if you want to make the short drive down. We'll also have a bus from SLC coming up with a few spaces available.
BearlyBeloved
I'm staying in Lehi, UT, where I live.

It's less than a 30-minute drive to the stadium.

I'll sleep in my own bed.
Idaho Bears
Driving down from Boise on Friday. Staying at hotel near the stadium. We go to SLC area a lot if anyone wants recommendations/ideas or wants to meet up.
Z_Bear_RN
Staying in Provo, walking distance from the stadium. Sitting in Sec 108
TXWayne
John Hawk said:

I'm driving up from SoCal, arriving Thursday and staying at the Springhill Suites within walking distance from the stadium where I will be sitting in section 134..

See you in 134, we are row 24.
BYUTexan80
Flying up to SLC on that Friday from DFW and staying with my uncle in Provo. Sitting in section 145. Then later the next week I'll be making the trip to Eugene, OR for our game against Oregon.

Anyone want me to show them around campus or do some tailgating?
ScottS
MashedPotatoes said:

monsterbear61 said:

Wait what? Please explain.

I need info on this $19 fare...
Bear2014
Brian Ethridge said:

We've got an event at Utah's stadium on Friday night if you want to make the short drive down. We'll also have a bus from SLC coming up with a few spaces available.
where is the info for this? I am coming with a group of 5!
Melcal
Making a full vacation. Flying in on the 4th and hanging with friends who have moved up there.
Jack Bauer
BYU fans accused of racial slurs at Duke volleyball player.

Brian Ethridge
Staff
Bear2014 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

where is the info for this? I am coming with a group of 5!
https://sicem365.com/store#!item=510

If you need the bus it is in the store as well.
RegentCoverup
Big12Bear said:

Getting in Tuesday to stay in Park City, then switching to Provo on Friday. Right across the street from the stadium.

Park City is really affordable right now, whether condo or hotel.
This.

Stayed at Park City Peaks last time. Great deal.
JXL
Jack Bauer said:

BYU fans accused of racial slurs at Duke volleyball player.

I heard about that. Apparently BYU has banned a fan from all sports venues. Someone should have told him to STFU when he started that crap.
Bear2014
not the best look for an incoming Big 12 team.. its not like we need another media bashing about the conference
BYUTexan80
My impression is that it was probably an individual or individuals posing as Y fans trying to make BYU and its fans look bad. This racism directed at that player was certainly a surprise to me and many others as this is completely foreign to the culture and atmosphere at BYU. If that were a BYU student, I can guarantee you that he/she no longer would be. But it turned out it wasn't a student, so I would not be surprised to learn that it was someone pretending to be a Y fan seeking to make BYU and the LDS church look bad.
RegentCoverup
BYUTexan80 said:

My impression is that it was probably an individual or individuals posing as Y fans trying to make BYU and its fans look bad. This racism directed at that player was certainly a surprise to me and many others as this is completely foreign to the culture and atmosphere at BYU. If that were a BYU student, I can guarantee you that he/she no longer would be. But it turned out it wasn't a student, so I would not be surprised to learn that it was someone pretending to be a Y fan seeking to make BYU and the LDS church look bad.
Im not defending it, but I've heard TCU fans shout things at BYU players, fans etc that would certainly justify retaliation.

BYU ain't innocent, but they are hardly the worst you'll hear.
T-REX
airbnb in park city. sitting sec 24 row 1
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Stefano DiMera
Yeah certainly can't control everyone but you can control the reaction to it..that disturbs me more..that someone didn't clock his ass after he said it the first time..then he made threats?

Utah is a strange place..There's a reason Michael Jordan said in The Last Dance documentary that Salt Lake was the only arena he told his family not to come to because of the fan behavior.

Baylor certainly isn't perfect..but I've never witnessed or heard of something like that happening at a Baylor venue..and if it did I'm confident the blue hairs would get it shut down.

Which is why I'll never respect those idiots in Morgantown a few years ago that chanted horrible things at our basketball team about the football scandal and no staffer stopped it.
BYUTexan80
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

BYUTexan80 said:

Im not defending it, but I've heard TCU fans shout things at BYU players, fans etc that would certainly justify retaliation.

BYU ain't innocent, but they are hardly the worst you'll hear.
Um, I disagree. BYU certainly didn't tolerate or condone it. The fan that was caught was promptly banned from all athletic venues.
RegentCoverup
Stefano DiMera said:

Yeah certainly can't control everyone but you can control the reaction to it..that disturbs me more..that someone didn't clock his ass after he said it the first time..then he made threats?

Utah is a strange place..There's a reason Michael Jordan said in The Last Dance documentary that Salt Lake was the only arena he told his family not to come to because of the fan behavior.

Baylor certainly isn't perfect..but I've never witnessed or heard of something like that happening at a Baylor venue..and if it did I'm confident the blue hairs would get it shut down.

Which is why I'll never respect those idiots in Morgantown a few years ago that chanted horrible things at our basketball team about the football scandal and no staffer stopped it.
This. I actually like BYU fans and have seen them play at least five times. They aren't the worst I've seen, but the players will respond when provoked.

Not offended, just saying this ain't the Mormon Tabernacle choir.
BearlyBeloved
My son and I will be in Section 125, Row 9.

We're at a nice height (lower part of the upper level) to see the whole field from the middle of the end zone.

Hey, Bears, be sure to do lots of scoring in the north end zone!!

We also plan to be at the Sic'Em tailgate before the game.

BearlyBeloved
TXWayne said:

John Hawk said:

See you in 134, we are row 24.
Section 134, that's 50-yard line territory in the upper deck.

What did you pay for each of those seats?

T-REX
BearlyBeloved said:

My son and I will be in Section 125, Row 9.

We're at a nice height (lower part of the upper level) to see the whole field from the middle of the end zone.

Hey, Bears, be sure to do lots of scoring in the north end zone!!

We also plan to be at the Sic'Em tailgate before the game.

there is no sicem 365 tailgate b4 the game
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.