Football
Sponsored by

Baylor gets another QB transfer

11,733 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by saabing bear
montypython
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bear8084 said:

montypython said:

glad we can beat out northern arizona for players

Who'd we beat out for the other QB transfer?
Unsure who else was targeting him, but my guess would be Texas schools like UH, TCU, SMU?

Not that it matters, because we don't have any WRs that can get open.
bear2be2
montypython said:

Bear8084 said:

montypython said:

Unsure who else was targeting him, but my guess would be Texas schools like UH, TCU, SMU?

We? You got a mouse in your pocket?

Be gone, troll.
Daveisabovereproach
bear2be2 said:

montypython said:

Bear8084 said:

montypython said:

Be gone, troll.

It's funny that his post about wanting to fire grimes got removed. begs the question, if our receivers suck so bad and if our offensive coordinator sucks so bad, how on earth did we win the sugar bowl against a Briles disciple?? (I suspect Mr. Montypython worships the ground that Briles walks on. He seems like that type)
Bear8084
No Quarterback said:

bear2be2 said:

montypython said:

Bear8084 said:

montypython said:

Be gone, troll.

It's funny that his post about wanting to fire grimes got removed. begs the question, if our receivers suck so bad and if our offensive coordinator sucks so bad, how on earth did we win the sugar bowl against a Briles disciple?? (I suspect Mr. Montypython worships the ground that Briles walks on. He seems like that type)

They also didn't know who we beat out for Sawyer, or just didn't want to say.
Timbear
A Briles disciple is not Art.
Daveisabovereproach
Timbear said:

A Briles disciple is not Art.

It hardly matters since they worship both him and his disciples as if they were Greek gods
Mitch Blood Green
Marcus Stokes is still out there. I'd offer him. I believe Florida dumped him because they thought they landed the NIL kid.

Waco1947
Mitch Blood Green said:

Marcus Stokes is still out there. I'd offer him. I believe Florida dumped him because they thought they landed the NIL kid.

UF dumped him because " Stokes was originally committed to the University of Florida until a video of him singing song lyrics that contained the N-word went viral. At that point, the Gators -- and most other FBS programs -- rescinded their scholarship offer" CBS Sports
Waco1947
Mitch Blood Green
Waco1947 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

UF dumped him because " Stokes was originally committed to the University of Florida until a video of him singing song lyrics that contained the N-word went viral. At that point, the Gators -- and most other FBS programs -- rescinded their scholarship offer" CBS Sports

Me? I don't believe them. I know it's what they said.

Coincidentally, they dumped him at the same time Rashada recommitted to them.

Regardless of my conspiracy theory. Is the kid salvageable? If so, let's offer.
ImwithBU
Mitch Blood Green said:

Waco1947 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Well depends on how you feel about what was allegedly done. He was offered by HBCU coach who got word from higher ups he couldn't attend their school. So he is back on the market. So you risk alienating an entire team for one unproven kid? Does he fit the Baylor culture lol?
Mitch Blood Green
ImwithBU said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Waco1947 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Well depends on how you feel about what was allegedly done. He was offered by HBCU coach who got word from higher ups he couldn't attend their school. So he is back on the market. So you risk alienating an entire team for one unproven kid? Does he fit the Baylor culture lol?

Are we winning? If we are winning and he's a good person, we will be fine. If we're losing and he's a good person? We will be fine.
Daveisabovereproach
Black hip-hop artists will gladly sell a white kid their album, but if he dares sing the lyrics to their songs, that's a no no
blackie
Mitch Blood Green said:

Waco1947 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

I am awful glad that the coaching staff doesn't follow the "advice" from bulletin boards. It's real easy to offer such advice if you are not the one that has to answer to whatever fallout or unforeseen consequences there might be, not to mention the effect on all the other hundred pieces that are going on within a team that we never see or hear about. My advice is no better or worse than anyone's else, but coaching and recruiting to the team for real is not our business. If it were, we would not have time to chatter on this rag. Leave it to the guys that have more invested (their careers) in this than those of us idle scattershooting.
bear2be2
No Quarterback said:

Black hip-hop artists will gladly sell a white kid their album, but if he dares sing the lyrics to their songs, that's a no no
And ... ?

Josh Blue makes jokes about cerebral palsy that are fun to laugh at that would be horribly offensive out of the mouths of able-bodied fans.

I've never understood this grievance many white men (mostly Baby Boomers) have that they and others aren't allowed to say whatever they want with impunity.

Welcome to reality, where time, place, situation and audience all determine what speech is appropriate or not.
Mitch Blood Green
blackie said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Waco1947 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

I am awful glad that the coaching staff doesn't follow the "advice" from bulletin boards. It's real easy to offer such advice if you are not the one that has to answer to whatever fallout or unforeseen consequences there might be, not to mention the effect on all the other hundred pieces that are going on within a team that we never see or hear about. My advice is no better or worse than anyone's else, but coaching and recruiting to the team for real is not our business. If it were, we would not have time to chatter on this rag. Leave it to the guys that have more invested (their careers) in this than those of us idle scattershooting.

You're right. They have to live with the fallout for going on the limb with a kid. (Not just this kid)
Daveisabovereproach
bear2be2 said:

No Quarterback said:

And ... ?

Josh Blue makes jokes about cerebral palsy that are fun to laugh at that would be horribly offensive out of the mouths of able-bodied fans.

I've never understood this grievance many white men (mostly Baby Boomers) have that they and others aren't allowed to say whatever they want with impunity.

Welcome to reality, where time, place, situation and audience all determine what speech is appropriate or not.

..............and? It's hypocritical. I thought that was sort of obvious? If you don't see the hypocrisy in what I just posted, I don't know what to tell you, and I can tell it will be pointless arguing. Doesn't change the fact that it's extremely hypocritical. People like Kendall Briles can text black recruits asking if they like white women, and it doesn't affect his career at all. But if a white kid sings a popular rap song, he deserves to have his life ruined.

I have absolutely no clue who Josh blue is, but that's all completely beside the point

Daveisabovereproach
Left wingers love the concept of freedom of speech until it stops being profitable for them, then they argue for its abolition. Rights for me but not for thee. Tee-hee!
bear2be2
No Quarterback said:

bear2be2 said:

No Quarterback said:

And ... ?

..............and? It's hypocritical. I thought that was sort of obvious? If you don't see the hypocrisy in what I just posted, I don't know what to tell you, and I can tell it will be pointless arguing. Doesn't change the fact that it's extremely hypocritical. People like Kendall Briles can text black recruits asking if they like white women, and it doesn't affect his career at all. But if a white kid sings a popular rap song, he deserves to have his life ruined.

I have absolutely no clue who Josh blue is, but that's all completely beside the point
It's not hypocritical. People in every peer group can say things about themselves that would be offensive out of the mouths of people outside of those groups. That's just reality ... and has been for all of human history.

If that's hypocrisy, literally every human being in history is a hypocrite.

You just don't like/can't handle being on the outside apparently.
bear2be2
No Quarterback said:

Left wingers love the concept of freedom of speech until it stops being profitable for them, then they argue for its abolition. Rights for me but not for thee. Tee-hee!
Freedom of speech only applies to the government/law. No one arrested this kid as best I can tell.

His rights weren't violated in any way, shape or form.

Facing the social consequences of one's speech/actions is not a violation of freedom of speech -- in letter or spirit.
boykin_spaniel
A teachable moment hopefully not lost. Banish kids from society for mistakes and where do they end up? Josh Allen had some ill advised tweets as a high schooler with similar language. Didn't see Diggs demanding he be banned from the NFL. Not saying Baylor should offer this kid, know zero about him, but he should be given a chance to learn before being publicly shamed out of an opportunity.

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela
BearlyBeloved
How does a 5-star QB (coming out of high school) get overlooked by the entire Power 5 and so ends up transferring to CAL POLY??

Former 5-Star QB Sam Huard Announces Transfer Decision (msn.com)

"a five-star prospect in the 2021 recruiting class and the third-best quarterback in the country, per 247Sports composite rankings. He was also the No. 12 overall recruit, regardless of position. "
cowboycwr
BearlyBeloved said:

How does a 5-star QB (coming out of high school) get overlooked by the entire Power 5 and so ends up transferring to CAL POLY??

Former 5-Star QB Sam Huard Announces Transfer Decision (msn.com)

"a five-star prospect in the 2021 recruiting class and the third-best quarterback in the country, per 247Sports composite rankings. He was also the No. 12 overall recruit, regardless of position. "
Found an article on ESPN where it said he entered the portal on the 10th so basically right at the end when many schools had already grabbed people and had no more scholarships left. It also seems he wanted a guarantee to start not just a "chance."

Finally his old HS coach is the new OC at Cal Poly.
BearlyBeloved
If his HS coach had landed a position at a respected program, I would understand. But he's reverting to his high school years when that's the reason to transfer to Cal Poly!

They were 2-9 in the Big Sky Conference last season. (Of course, that's only one game worse than Northern Arizona, whose QB is coming to Baylor.)

2022 Football Schedule - Cal Poly (gopoly.com)

boognish_bear
bear2be2
boykin_spaniel said:

A teachable moment hopefully not lost. Banish kids from society for mistakes and where do they end up? Josh Allen had some ill advised tweets as a high schooler with similar language. Didn't see Diggs demanding he be banned from the NFL. Not saying Baylor should offer this kid, know zero about him, but he should be given a chance to learn before being publicly shamed out of an opportunity.

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela
I agree in general. And we all know if this kid can play, he'll get an opportunity somewhere.

But I don't have a problem with the level of stupidity required to record and post yourself dropping the N-bomb (even in rap lyrics) being treated with with a commensurate level of backlash.

I saw this dude's apology and it seemed sincere, so hopefully this will be a learning/growing experience for him. But you don't grow without pain. And those trying to shield every dumb teenager from the consequences of their words and actions do these kids no favors.
chorne68
His tape does not look like a two star quarterback. Maybe another Romo...late development.
Cove Dawg
No Quarterback said:

bear2be2 said:

montypython said:

Bear8084 said:

montypython said:

Be gone, troll.

Hail to the great CAB!!!
Cove Dawg
blackie said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Waco1947 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Maybe the coaching staff should have followed the advice of the board to not run off Bohannon and Drones goes both ways..
Cove Dawg
bear2be2 said:

No Quarterback said:

And ... ?

LOL! And who determines the appropriateness of the time, place, situation, and audience? Sticks and Stones!
Cove Dawg
bear2be2 said:

No Quarterback said:

bear2be2 said:

No Quarterback said:

And ... ?

It's not hypocritical. People in every peer group can say things about themselves that would be offensive out of the mouths of people outside of those groups. That's just reality ... and has been for all of human history.

If that's hypocrisy, literally every human being in history is a hypocrite.

You just don't like/can't handle being on the outside apparently.
. This is 100% complete left wing liberal propaganda nonsense!
Bear8084
Cove Dawg said:

bear2be2 said:

No Quarterback said:

And ... ?

LOL! And who determines the appropriateness of the time, place, situation, and audience? Sticks and Stones!

The general public around you?
ImwithBU
No Quarterback said:

Because you watch a movie about serial killers don't give you the right to say it's okay to be a serial killer. This isn't new information. He knows how it is looked upon in this climate. The fact that you are defending it only proves why you don't recruit. He doesn't need you making excuses for him. No one gives a **** that he heard it in a song. Play stupid games win stupid prizes
DAC
ImwithBU said:

No Quarterback said:

Because you watch a movie about serial killers don't give you the right to say it's okay to be a serial killer. This isn't new information

Wut ??
Mitch Blood Green
DAC said:

ImwithBU said:

No Quarterback said:

Because you watch a movie about serial killers don't give you the right to say it's okay to be a serial killer. This isn't new information

Wut ??

I'll use different words. I was at a party once where a drunk girl was giving away kitty to one guy. Then another guy thought, since she's giving it away, I'll go get some.

Is that ok?
Ghostrider
We need as many qb's for tryout as possible. We haven't had a good qb since the QB whisperer was here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.