Football
Sponsored by

Oklahoma Texas' Approach to Schedule Release Tells Story of Strained Relatio

2,049 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by blackie
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
whitetrash
BearFan33
So OU and Tex are butthurt they didn't get their way with the schedule or we wouldn't let them out early....Boo hoo.

I've got news for them Bowelsby is long gone. I'm very much looking forward to being in a conference of equals that work together for the benefit of ALL.

I'm not sure the SEC understands the pox they are letting in.
BellCountyBear
Get the **** OUT!
bear2be2
BellCountyBear said:

Get the **** OUT!
But drop off your check on the way out.
ABC BEAR
BearFan33 said:

So OU and Tex are butthurt they didn't get their way with the schedule or we wouldn't let them out early....Boo hoo.

I've got news for them Bowelsby is long gone. I'm very much looking forward to being in a conference of equals that work together for the benefit of ALL.

So much Truth in that post.....especially the last sentence.
baylor1984
Ring every last penny out of those 2 schools any way you can and if that means holding them in the Big 12 then do it. Don't give one damn what they want, just do what's best for the remaining schools in the Big 12.
BBWCBear
I just want the Big12 to get their ******* $80Mil a piece, then LEAVE!!
Squatch Hunter
BearFan33 said:

The SEC isn't going to give two **** what a couple of .500 teams want
Robert Wilson
If we really had a pair, OU and UT would not be on each others' conference schedule for 2023.
perrynative
They were gonna grip regardless of yhe opponents scheduled.
RegentCoverup
Robert Wilson said:

If we really had a pair, OU and UT would not be on each others' conference schedule for 2023.
Exactly.

We still want the money.

I warned people for years about Bowlsby. Resume looked iffy. Career university bureaucrat at Iowa, went to Stanford and then became some kind of anointed Leftist elitist.

That he ever entered the building, is proof that our leaders were clueless.
bear2be2
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Robert Wilson said:

Exactly.

We still want the money.

I warned people for years about Bowlsby. Resume looked iffy. Career university bureaucrat at Iowa, went to Stanford and then became some kind of anointed Leftist elitist.

That he ever entered the building, is proof that our leaders were clueless.
What does Bowlsby have to do with the 2023 schedule?
Griz
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I warned people for years about Bowlsby.
Man, you are so awesome!
historian
Robert Wilson said:

It's not for them but for the $$$ that game generates for the conference.
RegentCoverup
Griz said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I warned people for years about Bowlsby.
Man, you are so awesome!
Not exactly genius work. All you had to do was meet the guy. He didn't give a damn about us. He was a puppet of the UT crowd. He'd practically tell you that. We had no Baylor loyal people in the Big12 office and no one speaking for our interests.

Ultimately, we paid for it. And he rubber stamped the pedophile taking our cash.

People can say whatever they want about Briles, but he was spot on about confronting Bowlsby.
Robert Wilson
historian said:

Robert Wilson said:

Like I said, if we really had a pair…
Aberzombie1892
Robert Wilson said:

historian said:

Robert Wilson said:

Given that the 8 legacy programs are already giving up around $10M each a year for OU/UT's last two seasons and the new programs already taking very small payouts, the conference cannot support any activities that would likely reduce value/revenue.
Robert Wilson
Aberzombie1892 said:

Robert Wilson said:

historian said:

Robert Wilson said:

Given that the 8 legacy programs are already giving up around $10M each a year for OU/UT's last two seasons and the new programs already taking very small payouts, the conference cannot support any activities that would likely reduce value/revenue.
Like I said, if we really had a pair...
blackie
BearFan33 said:

OUT reminds me of the Scott Farcus affairs in the movie Christmas Story. Texas is Farcus and OU is his little toadie. They bullied and had their way with the other kids in town for years until one day Ralphie went ballistic and ended the myth that all the other kids should be his pawns. The "Scott Farcus affair" as it became to be called is OUT getting OUT. I don't see any other outcome in the SEC than Scott Farcus finding out his days of pushing everyone else around and getting his way are over. OU......well they are just the tag along toadie. Always have been and always will be....until they realize that tagging along with UT is a fool's game in the SEC.

Sure the XII is losing potential money on this deal, but I believe if you could know the inner thoughts of every athletic director in the conference you would find that they also have the attitude of good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out as you leave a good chunk of your wallet here. Good luck, especially OU on being an also ran way more often than not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.