Football
Sponsored by

Colorado AD Rick George on Buffs' future

7,320 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Russell Gym
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

Leave for where though if they dont add revenue for the XII? Again as we all know what conference each school is in is not soley their choice. That is my point. Just because CU leaves for the XII doesnt mean everyone else who decides they want to join or has wanted to join can just come on down.
The Big 12 knows who it is interested in at this point and the appetite each of those targets might have to make a move. Colorado, as the most likely from the PAC-12 to come, could be the key that unlocks the door to other, more attractive targets in that league. I think Arizona is the prize. If Colorado and Arizona are a package deal, the juice is worth the squeeze.
historian
bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

If the XII takes CU how will other dominos P5 world fall exactly. I keep seeing that. Our taking CU does not create enough votes to dissolve the Pac. Our taking CU does not make the B10 take O and UW and even if it did, there are not enough votes to dissolve the Pac. (My assumption here is that it takes 7 votes). It might make everyone else in the Pac scramble and start begging the XII and B10 for admission but that isnt going to make it happen.
It gives any other programs that are on the fence the push they might need to leave. Namely Arizona. The Big 12 shouldn't be worried about killing the PAC-12. They should be worried about bolstering their product and brand enough to carve out a niche in the high major athletic scene and build and sustainable future.

If the Pac 12 dies it will be due to suicide. The Big 12 will not be responsible.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
bear2be2
historian said:

bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

If the XII takes CU how will other dominos P5 world fall exactly. I keep seeing that. Our taking CU does not create enough votes to dissolve the Pac. Our taking CU does not make the B10 take O and UW and even if it did, there are not enough votes to dissolve the Pac. (My assumption here is that it takes 7 votes). It might make everyone else in the Pac scramble and start begging the XII and B10 for admission but that isnt going to make it happen.
It gives any other programs that are on the fence the push they might need to leave. Namely Arizona. The Big 12 shouldn't be worried about killing the PAC-12. They should be worried about bolstering their product and brand enough to carve out a niche in the high major athletic scene and build and sustainable future.

If the Pac 12 dies it will be due to suicide. The Big 12 will not be responsible.
It will have been assisted suicide, but by the Big Ten, not the Big 12.

It was the PAC-12 that decided not to act proactively after losing USC and UCLA. But losing those two was a massive blow.
Robert Wilson
One possibility - make it clear you were only going to 16. Add UConn and Memphis. Then force 4 Corners to make decisions to figure out who is left behind.
Aliceinbubbleland
historian said:

No. It will be the result of the B1G and SEC causing the destabilization that is a disaster for everyone else.
PartyBear
Robert Wilson said:

One possibility - make it clear you were only going to 16. Add UConn and Memphis. Then force 4 Corners to make decisions to figure out who is left behind.

See that's the deal if we go to 16 we can with current P5s from the ACC and PAC and maximize the media as much as we can. it will just take time. Again there is no rush to get to 16 or 18 within a year for God's sake. Some of you sound like you would rather just go ahead now and just be a new CUSA so we can go ahead and brag in the short term that we expanded to 16 than work toward being a P2(a) or dare I say even be a P3 type of conference.
historian
Good point. Contrast their inaction (& arrogance?) to o the Big 12's proactive response through expansion. That was probably Bowlsby's finest act as leader. Now we are far stronger & well positioned to plunder the Pac 10.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Robert Wilson
PartyBear said:

Robert Wilson said:

See that's the deal if we go to 16 we can with current P5s from the ACC and PAC and maximize the media as much as we can. it will just take time. Again there is no rush to get to 16 or 18 within a year for God's sake. Some of you sound like you would rather just go ahead now and just be a new CUSA so we can go ahead and brag in the short term that we expanded to 16 than work toward being a P2(a) or dare I say even be a P3 type of conference.

I think Memphis and UConn would add more long term than several pac and acc schools. Being proactive and getting something done is what saved our ass last time..
PartyBear
That was when the XII was more in the position of the PAC now. The XII isn't desperate and can be picky and take time. Not a knock on the new members btw. They are all good additions and were all like P5 teams that had been misplaced. Like TCU and WVU when we added them. There aren't really any other schools like those 4 were out there now.
BBWCBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

historian said:

No. It will be the result of the B1G and SEC causing the destabilization that is a disaster for everyone else.
Yes. I HATE this!!!. Until the B1G and SEC make their final decisions and close the door the musical chairs will continue. College football will be changed forever.
Timbear
Sorry, had to jump back in for a second. Colorado has TOTALLY COMMITTED to football, starting with changing the entrance requirements for football players so Deion can bring in better players. Deion, in 7 months, has the #1 Portal class in the Nation, and their best high school recruiting in 30 years with nothing but high 3*, 4* and 5*'s. Deion has generated a record of $100's of 1,000's already in apparel sales. In 4 1/2 months on the job, Deion's momentum produced a Spring Game SELLOUT resulting in revenue of $400,000+, with 47,000+ fans attending(tickets were only $10) and was the Only Spring Game shown Nationally by ESPN. There are at least 5 upbeat YouTube channels following Colorado Football DAILY. They have given Deion the keys to their Kingdom. Colorado Football will be featured in weeks 1 AND 2 on Fox's Big Noon Kickoff (their version of College GameDay) Deion is totally transparent with all team activities being filmed and available. If some of y'all don't think he'll have a huge say in what conference Colorado is in, you're Crazy, no matter what his 1st year record is.
Bear8084
Timbear said:

Sorry, had to jump back in for a second. Colorado has TOTALLY COMMITTED to football, starting with changing the entrance requirements for football players so Deion can bring in better players. Deion, in 7 months, has the #1 Portal class in the Nation, and their best high school recruiting in 30 years with nothing but high 3*, 4* and 5*'s. Deion has generated a record of $100's of 1,000's already in apparel sales. In 4 1/2 months on the job, Deion's momentum produced a Spring Game SELLOUT resulting in revenue of $400,000+, with 47,000+ fans attending(tickets were only $10) and was the Only Spring Game shown Nationally by ESPN. There are at least 5 upbeat YouTube channels following Colorado Football DAILY. They have given Deion the keys to their Kingdom. Colorado Football will be featured in weeks 1 AND 2 on Fox's Big Noon Kickoff (their version of College GameDay) Deion is totally transparent with all team activities being filmed and available. If some of y'all don't think he'll have a huge say in what conference Colorado is in, you're Crazy, no matter what his 1st year record is.

Sorry Deion. They aren't letting you in the Colorado conference realignment meeting room.
curtpenn
chorne68 said:

Nothing wrong with a secure win every year.

And a nice excuse for an extended road trip every other fall to New Mexico and Colorado plus maybe Wyoming.
Russell Gym
chorne68 said:

Nothing wrong with a secure win every year.

Henceforth, opponents will need to use pencil.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.