Super Bowl thread SF vs KC

3,428 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by CHP Bear
chriscbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd let Kelce go. I believe he's a free agent. If not trade him.
BellCountyBear
CHP Bear said:

MrGolfguy said:

Jack Bauer said:

straight up grade A arsehole
Nah, he was wanting to know why he hasn't gotten his 5th COVID booster. Brought to you by Pfizer!
FIFY.
canoso
I'd encourage everyone here to really listen to Kelce's postgame comments on his relationship with Reid. No, I mean really listen and reflect.
cowboycwr
historian said:

I like Brock Purdy because it's his first time.

Regardless of who wins, the winning QB will be an outspoken Christian. Also, second year in a row in which both Super Bowl QB's are Big 12 alums.
QBs who lose the Super Bowl in their debut haven't returned to the SB in something like 25 years. I think it is up to the last 17 QBs who have lost in their debut have never returned (granted I think there are 3 on the list still playing). The last QB to lose in their debut and then win was Elway if I remember correctly.
cowboycwr
boognish_bear said:

What seemed like a dud of a Super Bowl for about half the game turned into a classic
The game had gotten really boring. The commercials were ok. Nothing really awesome. I have never been one to like halftime shows and don't really pay much attention no matter who is performing. I was sort of tuned out by the end but it finished in pretty entertaining fashion
coldhardtruth
chriscbear said:

Freezing cold take
You best remember me my friend
I am the cold hard truth
-George Jones
TechDawgMc
cowboycwr said:

historian said:

Regardless of who wins, the winning QB will be an outspoken Christian. Also, second year in a row in which both Super Bowl QB's are Big 12 alums.
QBs who lose the Super Bowl in their debut haven't returned to the SB in something like 25 years. I think it is up to the last 17 QBs who have lost in their debut have never returned (granted I think there are 3 on the list still playing). The last QB to lose in their debut and then win was Elway if I remember correctly.
I would not have guessed the numbers would be that low, but unless I'm missing one, it's Dawson, Morral, Griese, and Elway. Staubach was on the '70 Cowboys, but didn't play in the Super Bowl.

I think the list of those who made it back but still lost is a bit longer, but has a lot to do with hard luck teams like the Vikings and Bills.
cowboycwr
TechDawgMc said:

cowboycwr said:

historian said:

I would not have guessed the numbers would be that low, but unless I'm missing one, it's Dawson, Morral, Griese, and Elway. Staubach was on the '70 Cowboys, but didn't play in the Super Bowl.

I think the list of those who made it back but still lost is a bit longer, but has a lot to do with hard luck teams like the Vikings and Bills.
I looked it up it is actually a shorter list.

The last QB who lost his debut and made it back is Jim Kelly with the Bills.

It looks like there are 27 who lost their debut and never made it back. There are 5 who lost their debut but are still active.

historian
2 years in a row
historian
boognish_bear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Super Bowl Wins

7 - Brady
4 - Bradshaw, Montana
3 - Aikman, MAHOMES

How the hell did Coach Bro not win more with him?

OL & defense we're not as good
historian
chriscbear said:

They won't do that because of the PR his girlfriend brings.
Jayman1963
Jack Bauer said:

With the college type OT rules, I would have played defense first if I was SF.

Then if Mahomes scores a TD, at least you have a chance to match it...
Apparently, the Chiefs were more prepared for OT than the 49ers - how does this happen with a professional team?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39511676/49ers-players-say-know-super-bowl-rules
BluesBear
OT rules for Football are stupid. Just play the FULL quarter. If it is still a tie, then next score wins.
historian
I can see playing a 5 minute period like in basketball, or maybe 10.
CHP Bear
BellCountyBear said:

CHP Bear said:

MrGolfguy said:

Jack Bauer said:

straight up grade A arsehole
Nah, he was wanting to know why he hasn't gotten his 5th COVID booster. Brought to you by Pfizer!
FIFY.
That too. Good one.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.