Football
Sponsored by

your a.d. is a candidate for the nebraska job ...

6,948 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EuropeBear
TechDawgMc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
baylorfan1995 said:

Did he hire Rod? I swear that was Ian
They started in the same year. Not sure what that means about whether he hired him or Ian hired him and Rhodes inherited the hire. Seems more likely the latter since you'd expect the hiring would happen in the spring before Rod started in the fall.
ABC BEAR
Dear Cornhuskers: Just send a private jet down to Waco. We will fill it with people who would be a good fit in Lincoln. Trust us.
drahthaar
CTbruin said:

You guys might not care for our AD, but he has done some good things. Is well thought of in college circles. And he was very instrumental in the new Big 12.
I'm not qualified to determine if he is a good or bad AD. But I have a ton of experience in the world where leaders who become lightning rods of discontent seldom are effective long-term, and may well be destructive to the overall health of an organization. Color me concerned about this guy for the time being.
Aberzombie1892
drahthaar said:

CTbruin said:

You guys might not care for our AD, but he has done some good things. Is well thought of in college circles. And he was very instrumental in the new Big 12.
I'm not qualified to determine if he is a good or bad AD. But I have a ton of experience in the world where leaders who become lightning rods of discontent seldom are effective long-term, and may well be destructive to the overall health of an organization. Color me concerned about this guy for the time being.
While that's true, the Baylor fans on this forum are not representative of Baylor fans at large, so we can't look at the opinions here and claim that they reflect the opinions of Baylor alumni/supporters in general - such is the risk associated with echo chambers. in contrast, news articles/opinion pieces about Mack that are publicly available do not seems to reflect any meaningful discontent among either Baylor faithful or any other meaningful community.
drahthaar
Aberzombie1892 said:

drahthaar said:

CTbruin said:

While that's true, the Baylor fans on this forum are not representative of Baylor fans at large, so we can't look at the opinions here and claim that they reflect the opinions of Baylor alumni/supporters in general - such is the risk associated with echo chambers. in contrast, news articles/opinion pieces about Mack that are publicly available do not seems to reflect any meaningful discontent among either Baylor faithful or any other meaningful community.
No doubt. My response was to this board and this alone. But I am aware of significant Bears outside this board who have the same concerns.
Golden Helmet
Couldn't afford Mulkey….
Aberzombie1892
Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….

Mulkey is currently the highest paid NCAAW HC with a base pay of $3.264M, and it would have been insane for Baylor to try to match that - let alone exceed it.
Edmond Bear
Aberzombie1892 said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….

Mulkey is currently the highest paid NCAAW HC with a base pay of $3.264M, and it would have been insane for Baylor to try to match that - let alone exceed it.

Could you imagine if we tried to pay Mulkey and weren't able to use that money to retain Drew?
TechDawgMc
Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….
Mulkey did not leave for money. She left because she didn't get her way and took her ball and went home.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
TechDawgMc said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….
Mulkey did not leave for money. She left because she didn't get her way and took her ball and went home.
Mulkey committed the unforgivable sin of defending Art Briles and Baylor Football when none of the Baylor empty suits would. Including ALL of the people that were supposed to defend and protect our school. She wore the Scarlett letter for a couple of years. She stepped in $ h I t and came out smelling like roses. I am happy for her. She deserved better and she got it!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
ALLBEAR
Edmond Bear said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….

Could you imagine if we tried to pay Mulkey and weren't able to use that money to retain Drew?

more pay side nonsense. Have they brain washed y'all?
BUGWBBear
Edmond Bear said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….

Ask me that if we get past the round of 32.
Edmond Bear
BUGWBBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….

Are you suggesting that Drew is not worth keeping?
TechDawgMc
By the way, did you guys see that Mulkey got thrown out of a baseball game?

https://www.si.com/womens-college-basketball/2024/03/18/lsu-kim-mulkey-ejected-savannah-bananas-game-baton-rouge

Aliceinbubbleland
TechDawgMc said:

https://www.si.com/womens-college-basketball/2024/03/18/lsu-kim-mulkey-ejected-savannah-bananas-game-baton-rouge

Did you read your link?
Bear2014
Golden Helmet said:

We could not afford her….
bullcrap. we can definitely afford her. But the 2 big egos of Mack and Kim could no longer be in the same room. She didnt like that she was the only winning coach at Baylor anymore and didnt like the vision of foster.. which, i am glad she left because foster is awesome
Golden Helmet
That's really not it.

True, she and Mack didn't work well together, but she left because she didn't feel wanted, valued or appreciated.

It wasn't money. LSU rolled out the red carpet, and the Governors phone call to her personally is what sealed the deal.

Bear2014
Golden Helmet said:

That's really not it.

True, she and Mack didn't work well together, but she left because she didn't feel wanted, valued or appreciated.

It wasn't money. LSU rolled out the red carpet, and the Governors phone call to her personally is what sealed the deal.

yes- LSU bowed to her ego and Baylor didnt. i'm okay with that. We have a lot of successful sports that we didnt when she took the job. Dont get me wrong- she was pivotal in our athletic turnaround, BUT as time went on, and as other teams got national attention, her demeanor changed and from what other coaches said, she was not a team player. She only cared about herself. Nobody likes that kind of attitude.

Imagine what the press would have said if kim made those remarks after the LSU/SCAR game the other night.. Shes become a liability. Baylor has enough eyes on them, we dont need that a coach would have rather had someone else on the team punched.. I am proud of Nicki
blackie
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TechDawgMc said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….
Mulkey committed the unforgivable sin of defending Art Briles and Baylor Football when none of the Baylor empty suits would. Including ALL of the people that were supposed to defend and protect our school. She wore the Scarlett letter for a couple of years. She stepped in $ h I t and came out smelling like roses. I am happy for her. She deserved better and she got it!
Not sure RD, that may have been what it appeared on the outside. I suspect on the inside she was trying to keep her recruiting and program at the high level it was and didn't give a hoot about the school, per se. It was all about damage control for her corner of the campus.
TechDawgMc
Aliceinbubbleland said:

TechDawgMc said:

Did you read your link?
Did you not get the joke?
BUGWBBear
Edmond Bear said:

BUGWBBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….

If he can't recruit defensive talent, we better have 5 guys that hit 3's like Larry effing Bird, or we're in the same boat next fall.
Mitch Henessey
BUGWBBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

BUGWBBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….

If he can't recruit defensive talent, we better have 5 guys that hit 3's like Larry effing Bird, or we're in the same boat next fall.
That boat being a top-9 team in NCAA tournament seeding? Boy, would that be just awful if we had to endure that every year.
Bear2014
Mitch Henessey said:

BUGWBBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

BUGWBBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….

That boat being a top-9 team in NCAA tournament seeding? Boy, would that be just awful if we had to endure that every year
and for the last 3 years.. how will we cope?!
BUGWBBear
Mitch Henessey said:

BUGWBBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

BUGWBBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….

That boat being a top-9 team in NCAA tournament seeding? Boy, would that be just awful if we had to endure that every year.

That goes buh bye in the 32.
Edmond Bear
BUGWBBear said:

Mitch Henessey said:

BUGWBBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

BUGWBBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….

I guess I will have to return all of my National Championship gear.
baylorguy09
Golden Helmet said:

That's really not it.

I am so tired of hearing that she didn't feel appreciated, bleh bleh bleh. She built this program from the ground up and the fans appreciated her and did a lot for her.

Regardless of how she felt with the AD, she did not leave well from the fan standpoint. Just the way her departure was handled proved that this was an ego issue through and through. And too much was being leaked regarding her issue with the new arena location…

I love Kim and I loved supporting her and her teams over the years, but I am disappointed with how she handled leaving and how she treated the fans when she left. But since she has been gone, she may be having success in this new NIL world of athletics where you can buy a team overnight, but her program has also become a circus. Thankful we do not have to read about that every day in regards to Baylor.
BUGWBBear
Edmond Bear said:

BUGWBBear said:

Mitch Henessey said:

BUGWBBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

BUGWBBear said:

Edmond Bear said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….

I guess I will have to return all of my National Championship gear.

There isn't any for this year yet. But if you wanna play t-shirt fan because it's championship gear, Fanatics will help.
morethanhecouldbear
baylorfan1995 said:

morethanhecouldbear said:

CTbruin said:

You guys might not care for our AD, but he has done some good things.
He's 1 for 5.

THE GOOD:
1-1 Hired Rhule, who quickly turned the program around and won 11 games. The Baylor team that would win the Big 12 and Sugar Bowl were Rhules guys.

THE BAD:
1-2 Hired Aranda. Initially this was thought of as a great hire after we won the B12. However, I guess people didn't think about the fact that all of the key players were Rhules guys who were getting 1-2 years of extra eligibility due to COVID. Now that it's all Aranda's guys - we won 3 games.
1-3 Lost Kim Mulkey. This alone should get someone fired.
1-4 Kept Rodriguez on for too long (baseball). Fail.
1-5 Hired Nikki. We have (arguably) become worse each year under her leadership. It is clear we cannot compete for the Big 12 Crown.
Did he hire Rod? I swear that was Ian
You are correct. Ian hired him before he resigned. Rod's first season was 2016 when Mack came on board.
Killing Floor
Rhoades getting a job elsewhere instantly makes our squads better. Best of luck in his future endeavors.
I wish he'd get hired by TCU.
trey3216
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TechDawgMc said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….
More like she committed the unforgiveable sin of shltting on Scott Drew before, during and after he won a National Championship in a sport that is 10x more important that WBB. Then she threw a shlt fit when she didn't get her way about where the arena was going to be located and that she wouldn't have her name on the court.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
trey3216 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TechDawgMc said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….
More like she committed the unforgiveable sin of shltting on Scott Drew before, during and after he won a National Championship in a sport that is 10x more important that WBB. Then she threw a shlt fit when she didn't get her way about where the arena was going to be located and that she wouldn't have her name on the court.
Was not aware of that I will admit. But three national championships certainly should have given her a voice. Sounds like it was probably just a good time for them to part ways.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
morethanhecouldbear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

trey3216 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TechDawgMc said:

Golden Helmet said:

Couldn't afford Mulkey….
More like she committed the unforgiveable sin of shltting on Scott Drew before, during and after he won a National Championship
Was not aware of that I will admit.
You weren't aware of it because it didn't happen.
EuropeBear
I'm praying that his and Dr Livingstone's involvement in so many key committees will get our foot in the door for the next realignment cut. If so this is more important than anything.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.