Football
Sponsored by

OU threatens to find other city if Norman doesn't agree to $1B entertainment district

9,701 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by cowboycwr
curtpenn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OK … Thanks?
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Edmond Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Edmond Bear said:

I've been to that restaurant it's freaking great. It is kind of like asian tapas, you order several things. The dish in that pic is like $11.

OKC has multiple James Beard winners including Andrew Black, the one in your second article, and the chef at Mao Der Lao which is in the first link. There are also 3 Michelin starred chefs including one in my little suburb of Edmond. The Edmond chef is from Cannes, France and his restaurant is exactly like what you fear. You cannot get out for under $500 and portions are tiny. The last time I went, it was amazing but I also wanted to stop at Taco Bueno afterwards. He is the exception.

So $11 for a bite.

No thanks.

No matter what city I am in.

Just looked up the Grey Sweater and every plate on their site is the same thing.

Fancy looking things that are made to look great (and in honesty) probably taste great for the two or thee bites you get.

But it's pricing is again way high for a few bites.

I would rather pay $30 for a full steak dinner, or for a good BBQ dinner.

So don't brag about chefs and stars. Tell me about good realistic food if you want to sell your city.

I agree, good BBQ is awesome. We have world champion award winners for that too if you want to come up.

$30 for a steak is Outback. It's a chain and you are proving my point about Dallas. Good food and experiences is a significant part of culture and its not something Dallas is known for. Hopefully, Brian changes that.

I have not proved your point about anything. In fact I have disproved your point with FACTS. Just like others have done.

I didn't say a word about Dallas.

I don't care about awards a restaurant or chef at a restaurant wins.

I want food that is attainable without standing in line for hours (Like Franklin bbq) and is affordable. NOt food that is overpriced because it was laid out in a fancy way on the plate with some sauce just right over the top and a fancy sprig of some flowers or some other junk on top of it and it looks awesome in a picture but is only two or three bites.

Sorry but the reasons you have pointed out why your city is better than any of the cities mentioned in this thread just fall on their face. The ONLY one I would agree with is that it is still smaller and easier to get around in than Houston or Dallas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.