Football
Sponsored by

* * Gerry Bohanan update

5,201 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Ghostrider
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If anyone cares https://www.deseret.com/sports/2024/04/21/byu-cougars-football-qb-battle-jake-retzlaff-vs-gerry-bohanon-spring-roderick/
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Aliceinbubbleland
If he wins starting position that will make the game vs BYU fill in the blank ___________________
Jorkel
Aliceinbubbleland said:

If he wins starting position that will make the game vs BYU fill in the blank ___________________

Will be tough no matter what because as of right now, we are still dog **** until proven otherwise.
Doc Holliday
Aliceinbubbleland said:

If he wins starting position that will make the game vs BYU awkward...and devasting if they beat us.
bear2be2
Jorkel said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Will be tough no matter what because as of right now, we are still dog **** until proven otherwise.
Pretty much this. But I hope Gerry gets a warm reception from Baylor fans. He deserves it.

If our staff had made the right decision after the 2021 season, he'd have finished his career as our quarterback.
ImABearToo
And we'd have finished better than 6-7 in 2022. That single move started the downfall of CDA and Baylor football.
boognish_bear
ImABearToo said:

And we'd have finished better than 6-7 in 2022. That single move started the downfall of CDA and Baylor football.

I will never understand that move. The QB that led us to our best season in school history and best final AP ranking gets moved to QB2. A real leader in the locker room and respected by his teammates.
Fre3dombear
ImABearToo said:

And for that in and of itself Dave and the OC should have been fired.

You basically fire a dude (Gerry) that went 11-2 give or take for an unproven (save 60 snaps or so) talent showed just how foolish those 2 guys are and how much of an abortion their decision making is.

1 is gone. Soon so will be the 2nd.

I look forward to more 4th and 8 go for it down 7 from own 28 at beginning of the 4th quarter type plays.
LIB,MR BEARS
Fre3dombear said:

ImABearToo said:

And for that in and of itself Dave and the OC should have been fired.

You basically fire a dude (Gerry) that went 11-2 give or take for an unproven (save 60 snaps or so) talent showed just how foolish those 2 guys are and how much of an abortion their decision making is.

1 is gone. Soon so will be the 2nd.

I look forward to more 4th and 8 go for it down 7 from own 28 at beginning of the 4th quarter type plays.

But

But

But, the metrics
Mitch Blood Green
ImABearToo said:

And if he doesn't get it right this season, better call Mayflower.
BUDOS
Glad you guys got it all figured out, but then it is Monday.
Daveisabovereproach
BUDOS said:

Ooooooh got em!
Killing Floor
Same result.

But if Bo is the starter we will all say it's the system and his 4 TDs would happen regardless.
Aliceinbubbleland
BUDOS said:

The results are in the last two seasons. Not much speculation needed.
jikespingleton
I wish him nothing but the best

And holy smokes, he is what, 30 now?
Pecos 45
All he did was win
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

ImABearToo said:

I will never understand that move. The QB that led us to our best season in school history and best final AP ranking gets moved to QB2. A real leader in the locker room and respected by his teammates.

So we have a QB? This has to have been the quietest QB competition I have ever seen. What was the verdict?
johnnychimpo
Gerry was a heck of an athlete. Too bad he didn't have Briles' scheme, OL or WR corps when he showed up in Waco.
cowboycwr
FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

ImABearToo said:

So we have a QB? This has to have been the quietest QB competition I have ever seen. What was the verdict?
I thought I saw something about Aranda not naming a starter yet... almost like he didn't want to do that and have #2 transfer out like what happened with GB.....
ImABearToo
From the chatter on Matt Mosley's show and the guys at sicem365 it sounds like ole Dave was gonna take a few weeks to digest the valuable film footage from the "practice day" before making the call. Oh boy!
burg0047
BU did not do right by Gerry. I'm grateful for what he did for the university.
ALLBEAR
Garry should have stayed. Especially in the Grimes offense. Would not do so well in the Spavital offense.
Daveisabovereproach
In the era of the transfer portal, I doubt we are able to keep both Robertson and Finn. I don't trust the offensive line and really feel like Finn is going to be the better option, but we'll see
Ghostrider
Pecos 45 said:

All he did was win
you mean not lose
FLBear5630
Ghostrider said:

Pecos 45 said:

All he did was win
you mean not lose
Which is still better than losing...
thales
burg0047 said:

BU did not do right by Gerry.
how so?

are you talking about his release?

if anything, aranda being super nice and giving him his release was a massive mistake and hurt the program more than it benefited Gerry

with a reworked OL and our top WR and RB's gone, we needed Gerry's leadership and especially his running ability
FLBear5630
thales said:

burg0047 said:

BU did not do right by Gerry.
how so?

are you talking about his release?

if anything, aranda being super nice and giving him his release was a massive mistake and hurt the program more than it benefited Gerry

with a reworked OL and our top WR and RB's gone, we needed Gerry's leadership and especially his running ability
GB would have been the starter again before the season got half way. It was a mistake to transfer, especially to USF.
BUDOS
Isn't it great to be a loyal Bear? Especially one where you can sit back and love it so much that you lash out at other Bears that, when they make decisions, and, after the results are in, and they were not good, you get to go bash them in public? And the reality is that when these same dudes cheer later, when things go well, they quickly forget the bad that they put in print. But then that's the advantage of not having to make such decisions, just being the critic, the loyal critic.
FLBear5630
BUDOS said:

Isn't it great to be a loyal Bear? Especially one where you can sit back and love it so much that you lash out at other Bears that, when they make decisions, and, after the results are in, and they were not good, you get to go bash them in public? And the reality is that when these same dudes cheer later, when things go well, they quickly forget the bad that they put in print. But then that's the advantage of not having to make such decisions, just being the critic, the loyal critic.
I never thought GB should leave. For one reason, he led Baylor to a dream season and win in the Sugar Bowl. The positive juice he built up, even if not the starter, could have been leveraged for life. Those moments don't come around often. In hindsight, he probably would have won the job back and allowed Aranda to play the type of FB he likes (not Grimes type, but Aranda's)

I have not seen transferring work out for GB's level of talent for the better. If they have success, they are Mercenary. He is not going to be an NFL QB, like Hurds or some of the other top guys. His best play was parlaying his "loyal Baylor" into maybe a UFA in the NFL for a summer and coming back as a GA. College FB coaches make good money and it is a difficult group to crack into. His personality, what he did well and leadership all pointed to future HC...

Personally, they did him a disservice not talking him down from the emotional response of Shappen winning QB1. Hell, he would have played more FB at Baylor!
BUDOS
I don't disagree with your comments, and I appreciate the tone with which you state them. I just went off because I got tired of the after-the-fact experts spewing their garbage in such a vitriolic manner.
ALLBEAR
BUDOS said:

I don't disagree with your comments, and I appreciate the tone with which you state them. I just went off because I got tired of the after-the-fact experts spewing their garbage in such a vitriolic manner.

Things are rock bottom bad. Don't kid yourself. Some of us see reality for what it is. This **** ****ing sucks, and there is no way around it
Daveisabovereproach
BUDOS said:

To be honest, the "after the facts" experts are the premium board and thought control types coming to the free board to cuss out and antagonize people who aren't toting the company line. there's nothing wrong with critiquing a multi million dollar coach, but it's annoying to antagonize random fans on the internet for doing so. If you can't handle a multi million dollar coach being critiqued, you need to stick to Pee-wee or perhaps upwards basketball where they give out awards for "best attitude"
FLBear5630
Daveisabovereproach said:

BUDOS said:

To be honest, the "after the facts" experts are the premium board and thought control types coming to the free board to cuss out and antagonize people who aren't toting the company line. there's nothing wrong with critiquing a multi million dollar coach, but it's annoying to antagonize random fans on the internet for doing so. If you can't handle a multi million dollar coach being critiqued, you need to stick to Pee-wee or perhaps upwards basketball where they give out awards for "best attitude"
Well, don't get me going on the Premium Board, after all they really know. They know a guy.

They are dead wrong of course, but the posse will hunt you down...
Daveisabovereproach
FLBear5630 said:

BUDOS said:

Well, don't get me going on the Premium Board, after all they really know. They know a guy.

It also shows you how low Mack and Dave have brought the football program when people on the premium board would rather come here to cuss people out and fight rather than talk about Baylor football on the premium board which they pay money to post on. Even though it's the off-season, half of the current premium board threads are about non-Baylor related stuff. That says it all
TinFoilHatPreacherBear

FLBear5630 said:

BUDOS said:

It also shows you how low Mack and Dave have brought the football program when people on the premium board would rather come here to cuss people out and fight rather than talk about Baylor football on the premium board which they pay money to post on. Even though it's the off-season, half of the current premium board threads are about non-Baylor related stuff. That says it all

Been really strange since CDA cratered, we've had more premies visit then I've seen in any other season. And we had Ashley come out with a threat to shut us down. Gotta let the poors know their place and quiet the rabble down. Worse part is the premiums were cheering for it,no surprise really.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.