Baylor currently has the highest ranked Scoring Defense in the B12

943 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by PartyBear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's early in the season and we've played a couple of weak teams...but so have most P4 teams in non-con.

Right now Colorado has the 101st Scoring Offense...but they do have the 9th best Passing Offense. Next week will be a good test for our DBs.

boognish_bear
Guitarbiscuit

Granted we played some bad competition, but if I were betting, I"d pick Baylor D to finish the season top 40 in FBS in scoring D. Not overall yardage D. But scoring D.
boognish_bear
Jorkel
I'll be interested to see the defense play a team with any kind of offensive pulse. Colorado can't run the ball but when they get in rhythm they can throw it around as good as anyone
Karab
We'll take any W we can get.

This season, seeing a competent D under Aranda was the only thing I wanted to find out about. With him struggling as a HC, I wanted to see if the DC stuff was all smoke and mirrors too. Turns out, no. He's still a highly competent DC.

Now, let's see how they hold up against a real passing attack. We're going to see several teams that can really sling it this year
boognish_bear
jikespingleton
The only stats that matter to me are conference games and so far there's only been 1 conference matchup in the entire conference.
PartyBear
Actually no XII team has had a conference game this season yet, due to pre realignment arrangements between Utah and Baylor. Baylor and Utah were playing last Saturday if the PAC had not collapsed or if they were invited to the BiG.
jikespingleton
TCU vs UCF
boognish_bear
A national stat that we are not looking too good in is Turnover Margin where we are currently 99th in the country.

As we start to play better teams that can definitely bite us in the ass.
FWBear91
TCU got a conference loss to UCF! Seeing them at the very bottom of the conference standings is glorious!
PartyBear
Oh yeah how could I have forgotten that one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.