Hezbollah Pagers Blow Up

4,172 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by ScottS
Wangchung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aliceinbubbleland said:

If this expands the tit for tat that has been ongoing with Hezbollah you have to wonder how much the Israeli economy can support. Their debt has to be growing exponentionally with every bomb and raid in Gaza, West Bank and Lebanon.

Iran was apparently sabre rattling when they claimed in July they would make Israel pay for blowing up the Hamas leader in Tehran. I'm not sure what Hezbollah plans might be but I think the folks in southern Lebanon have had enough. They may not be led by Hezbollah one more time.
Ah yes, mean ol Israel provoking terrorists by responding to their terrorism...
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Harrison Bergeron
cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Whilst any way to kill Terrorists should be explored, this seems like an incredibly irresponsible or indiscriminate way to do it, what if a Child was playing with their Parents pager? or the target was sat on a window seat of a Passenger Plane? with Thousands of apparent targets, theres no way that could have been controlled, just another example of Israel not caring if innocents are killed but suffering no repercussions from it.
Agreed. Israel should really adopt the Palestinians' policy on killing innocents.
The difference being that Hezbollah is an internationally condemned Terrorist organisation, yet Israel Palestine is the one that has killed thousands of innocent Children
FIFY.

at 50 names per page, thats 700 Children under the age of 1 that Israel has killed
I cannot have an adult conversation with someone that considers a terrorist group a reliable source.

HOW MANY CHILDREN HAVE BEEN KILLED BECAUSE OF BROWN'S SURRENDER TO THE TALIBAN?

Why do you only get made at Israel? I'm sure it has nothing to do with Israel being a majority Jewish country.
Aliceinbubbleland
Your emotional response has absolutely nothing to do with my post to which you falsely replied. Try reading before posting.
Wangchung
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Your emotional response has absolutely nothing to do with my post to which you falsely replied. Try reading before posting.
I read it just fine. Maybe you need to reread my post to get the point being made that Israel isn't expanding anything by responding to terrorist attacks.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
ABC BEAR
After 5000 years the message still hasn't gotten through.....don't **** with God's people.
Wangchung

whiterock
Aliceinbubbleland
ABC BEAR said:

After 5000 years the message still hasn't gotten through.....don't **** with God's people.
The problem seems to be that both sides believe they are their God's people.
Porteroso
If they got into a shipment to wire in explosives, flashing a new firmware would be trivial, for those wondering how it was coordinated.
midgett
Aliceinbubbleland said:

ABC BEAR said:

One side is willing to live in peace. The other side's religion believes the first side should be eliminated from earth. That's a significant difference.
midgett
whiterock said:

Identifying a Hezbollah terrorist has suddenly become much easier.
GrowlTowel
Wangchung said:

Well played.
Aliceinbubbleland
midgett said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

ABC BEAR said:

One side is willing to live in peace. The other side's religion believes the first side should be eliminated from earth. That's a significant difference.

No doubt common sense tells us Hamas/Hezbollah are the warriors. But I still have a problem the way Israel was created. Palestinians who lived there for generations were displaced. You'd be angry too.
Redbrickbear
SIC EM 94
cms186 said:

Wangchung said:

cms186 said:

Wangchung said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Whilst any way to kill Terrorists should be explored, this seems like an incredibly irresponsible or indiscriminate way to do it, what if a Child was playing with their Parents pager? or the target was sat on a window seat of a Passenger Plane? with Thousands of apparent targets, theres no way that could have been controlled, just another example of Israel not caring if innocents are killed but suffering no repercussions from it.
Agreed. Israel should really adopt the Palestinians' policy on killing innocents.
The difference being that Hezbollah is an internationally condemned Terrorist organisation, yet Israel Palestine is the one that has killed thousands of innocent Children
FIFY.

at 50 names per page, thats 700 Children under the age of 1 that Israel has killed
Oh, well, if the Hamas Ministry of Health claims it's true then it MUST be true. Hamas NEVER puts out propaganda to try and make Israel look bad...
and Israel never indiscriminately kills Children.....
Can't allow human shields to protect terrorists. Womp womp. If the parents of those kids didn't support the Palestinian terrorists they would not be forced to see their kids used as propaganda.
wow and you guys call yourselves Christians lol, how utterly pathetic.

Oh spare me you pro-Hamas clown!
Harrison Bergeron
Aliceinbubbleland said:

midgett said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

ABC BEAR said:

No doubt common sense tells us Hamas/Hezbollah are the warriors. But I still have a problem the way Israel was created. Palestinians who lived there for generations were displaced. You'd be angry too.
Do you sympathize with poor and middle class Americans in towns like Springfield, Ohio, behind displaced by Brown-funded illegal aliens?
Oldbear83
cms186 said:

Wangchung said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

FIFY.

Oh, well, if the Hamas Ministry of Health claims it's true then it MUST be true. Hamas NEVER puts out propaganda to try and make Israel look bad...
and Israel never indiscriminately kills Children.....
About as often as you do, if we're using the nominal definition and connotation of 'indiscriminate'.
Fre3dombear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Here are the latest developments.

Hundreds of pagers blew up at the same time across Lebanon on Tuesday in an apparently coordinated attack that killed eight people and injured more than 2,000, health officials said on Tuesday.

The attack came a day after Israeli leaders warned that they were considering stepping up their military campaign against Hezbollah. NYT

This the same people that couldn't identify people paragliding in to rape women and slaughter babies and take hostages so their sympathizers could vote for kamala in America

Weird team to be on. But that's the obamabidencammiela team whooooooo
gtownbear
Let's allow Hamas to fire rockets into Israel at will and then fade into the civilian population and call king x to be protected from an Israeli response. There's a reason Hamas does it this way. Duh. Someday we should expect the Palestinians to use their brains and realize that if Hamas did not attack Israel to begin with, none of the bad things after would occur. Otherwise be ready for the response they get.
Realitybites
Feel The Floyd said:

Your iPhone is a claymore point at your face.

Well, they and the majority of cell phones are made in China. Cell phones used to have removable batteries. Now they don't. I phones can't actually be turned off fully anymore.

...not that a government that is mandating remote kill switches in cars would have any interest in implementing this sort of thing.
Realitybites
ABC BEAR said:

So tell me, how does the sacking of the temple and the expulsion of Jews from Syria Palaestina for 1900 years square with this 5000 years of not messing with God's people? This isn't a defense of Hamas, but an effort to correct Christian theology. The church are God's people.
BearFan33
What an effective covert operation. They are giving the terrorists a taste of their own medicine. Imagine being afraid of any device for fear it could blow up at any time. Also HZB is going to have to figure out a new communication mechanism.
Jack Bauer
Holy cr@p- round 2!

hezbollah will have to resort to carrier pigeons!!

Lebanon pager attack latest: Exploding walkie-talkies injure more than 100 in new attacks across Lebanon - BBC News

boognish_bear
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Holy cr@p- round 2!

Lebanon pager attack latest: Exploding walkie-talkies injure more than 100 in new attacks across Lebanon - BBC News

Next they will supply exploding pigeons!

contrario
whitetrash said:

Jack Bauer said:

Holy cr@p- round 2!

Next they will supply exploding pigeons!

Birds aren't real
Aliceinbubbleland
For a second day, hand-held communication devices exploded across Lebanon and in the southern suburbs of the capital, Beirut, in an apparent attack on Hezbollah. At least nine people were killed and 300 injured, the Lebanese Health Ministry said....NYT
Aliceinbubbleland
This is going to be interesting to follow the chain.

"That product isn't ours. They just stick on our company brand," Mr. Hsu told journalists, adding that in return his company received a share of the profits.

"We only provide brand trademark authorization and have no involvement in the design or manufacturing of this product," Gold Apollo said in a written statement. Even so, the Gold Apollo website displayed a picture of the pager model until the web page was taken down on Wednesday.

Some of the officials briefed on the operation had said that the pagers, which Hezbollah had ordered, had been tampered with before they reached Lebanon, and that most were Gold Apollo's AR924 model, though three other Gold Apollo models were also included in the shipment.

In a separate statement, Gold Apollo said that the AR924 model was produced and sold by B.A.C., with which it had a "long-term partnership." "Our company only provides the brand trademark authorization and is not involved in the design or manufacturing of this product," the company said.

Efforts to contact B.A.C. and verify Gold Apollo's account were not immediately successful.

Cristiana Brsony-Arcidiacono, who lists herself as the chief executive of B.A.C. Consulting on LinkedIn, did not immediately respond to messages. "I don't make the pagers," she told NBC News. "I am just the intermediate."
BearFan33
Aliceinbubbleland said:

This is going to be interesting to follow the chain.

"That product isn't ours. They just stick on our company brand," Mr. Hsu told journalists, adding that in return his company received a share of the profits.

"We only provide brand trademark authorization and have no involvement in the design or manufacturing of this product," Gold Apollo said in a written statement. Even so, the Gold Apollo website displayed a picture of the pager model until the web page was taken down on Wednesday.

Some of the officials briefed on the operation had said that the pagers, which Hezbollah had ordered, had been tampered with before they reached Lebanon, and that most were Gold Apollo's AR924 model, though three other Gold Apollo models were also included in the shipment.

In a separate statement, Gold Apollo said that the AR924 model was produced and sold by B.A.C., with which it had a "long-term partnership." "Our company only provides the brand trademark authorization and is not involved in the design or manufacturing of this product," the company said.

Efforts to contact B.A.C. and verify Gold Apollo's account were not immediately successful.

Cristiana Brsony-Arcidiacono, who lists herself as the chief executive of B.A.C. Consulting on LinkedIn, did not immediately respond to messages. "I don't make the pagers," she told NBC News. "I am just the intermediate."
So...

1. Israel intercepted the pagers and then "modified" them, sending the modified ones onto their final destination.

Or

2. They knew what kind HZB orders, ordered some themselves, modified them and switched out the packages.

There maybe more scenarios possible.

In any case, they were able to get the tainted pagers into HZB hands without them suspecting a thing.

Either way I suspect they had to intercept the package coming from the manufacturer. Someday there will be a movie about this.
Osodecentx
Rashida Tlaib Uninjured After Her Pager Mysteriously Explodes
Harrison Bergeron
Osodecentx said:

Post of the day!
The_barBEARian
Aliceinbubbleland said:

redfish961 said:

I'm curious on how this would work?

How do you synchronize multiple pagers to go off simultaneously?
The Israeli military declined to comment, but American and other officials briefed on the operation said Israel was responsible for the attack and had executed it by hiding small amounts of explosive material in each pager within a new batch of pagers made in Taiwan and imported into Lebanon.

I hope TSM isn't involved for the sake of my stock holdings

To answer your question I have no clue how they synchronize other than cooperation with the manufacturer for a timing mechanism.

So this is why we had to give Taiwan $11 billion dollars 6 months ago...

Its always Israel first, America last.
The_barBEARian
midgett said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

ABC BEAR said:

Both sides hate you if you arent one of them.

There is no good side in this conflict.

They are both scumbags... but Israel are the scumbags who take over my country and destroy my savings so I despise them more.
KaiBear
Osodecentx said:

Well done
Osodecentx
KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Well done

Babylon Bee gets credit
Z https://babylonbee.com/news/rashida-tlaib-uninjured-after-her-pager-mysteriously-explodes

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.