Hezbollah Pagers Blow Up

4,750 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 43 min ago by Aliceinbubbleland
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here are the latest developments.

Hundreds of pagers blew up at the same time across Lebanon on Tuesday in an apparently coordinated attack that killed eight people and injured more than 2,000, health officials said on Tuesday.

The attack came a day after Israeli leaders warned that they were considering stepping up their military campaign against Hezbollah. NYT
Osodecentx
Wireless Devices Explode Across Lebanon After Israel Warns Hezbollah

Hezbollah said that pagers belonging to its members had exploded,
Aliceinbubbleland
Somehow Israeli's managed to explode lithium batteries in pagers Reported one man looked down at his pants containing pager which immediately exploded.
KaiBear
Wonder if cell phones are next.
BearFan33
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Somehow Israeli's managed to explode lithium batteries in pagers Reported one man looked down at his pants containing pager which immediately exploded.
Do we know if they blew up the lithium batteries in the pagers or did they sell Hez pagers tainted with explosives?

It's pretty amazing (and scary) either way.
Harrison Bergeron
When will Biden and Harris condemn the attack?

The Jew Haters are going to be really pissed.
Aliceinbubbleland
Aliceinbubbleland
midgett
I suspect they pulled a massive con to sell a cargo load of hack free pagers. Suckers.

While it is ingenious on Israel's part, it is scary. What if one of them had been on a jet? Can TSA identify possible explosives in cell phones?
Aliceinbubbleland
BEIRUTPagers carried by thousands of Hezbollah operatives exploded at about the same time Tuesday afternoon in what appeared to be an unprecedented attack that authorities said injured more than 2,700 and killed eight across Lebanon.

The affected pagers were from a new shipment that the group received in recent days, people familiar with the matter said. A Hezbollah official said many fighters had such devices, speculating that malware might have caused the devices to explode. The official said some people felt the pagers heat up and disposed of them before they burst. WSJ

Wangchung
Terrorists' pagers be blowin UP these days.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Harrison Bergeron
Johnny Reb is steaming.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Probably shouldnt have bought a case of pagers off of Wish.
ScottS
Pagers are still in use? So 90s.
Harrison Bergeron
ScottS said:

"Oppressive, colonizing Jews won't allow peace-loving Mooslim terrorists to use mobile phones ..." - every Democrat
redfish961
I'm curious on how this would work?

How do you synchronize multiple pagers to go off simultaneously?
Aliceinbubbleland
redfish961 said:

The Israeli military declined to comment, but American and other officials briefed on the operation said Israel was responsible for the attack and had executed it by hiding small amounts of explosive material in each pager within a new batch of pagers made in Taiwan and imported into Lebanon.

I hope TSM isn't involved for the sake of my stock holdings

To answer your question I have no clue how they synchronize other than cooperation with the manufacturer for a timing mechanism.
redfish961
Aliceinbubbleland said:

redfish961 said:

The Israeli military declined to comment, but American and other officials briefed on the operation said Israel was responsible for the attack and had executed it by hiding small amounts of explosive material in each pager within a new batch of pagers made in Taiwan and imported into Lebanon.

To answer your question I have no clue how they synchronize other than cooperation with the manufacturer for a timing mechanism.
Would they be remotely detonated with some sort of signal or would it be timed, which I find to be nearly impossible?

I have no clue, but I would suspect the former rather than the latter.
Feel The Floyd
Your iPhone is a claymore point at your face.
Harrison Bergeron
redfish961 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

redfish961 said:

Would they be remotely detonated with some sort of signal or would it be timed, which I find to be nearly impossible?

I have no clue, but I would suspect the former rather than the latter.
Seriously ... I literally have no idea how this would be possible ... how one could send a charge just via pager comms or how there is enough explosive material in a pager to make it explode. Someone smarter than me about 90s bad-assery can explain it.
Aliceinbubbleland
The Explanation

other officials briefed on the operation.

The pagers, which Hezbollah had ordered from Gold Apollo in Taiwan, had been tampered with before they reached Lebanon, according to some of the officials. Most were the company's AP924 model, though three other Gold Apollo models were also included in the shipment.

The explosive material, as little as one to two ounces, was implanted next to the battery in each pager, two of the officials said. A switch was also embedded that could be triggered remotely to detonate the explosives.

At 3:30 p.m. in Lebanon, the pagers received a message that appeared as though it was coming from Hezbollah's leadership, two of the officials said. Instead, the message activated the explosives. Lebanon's health minister told state media at least nine people
cms186
Whilst any way to kill Terrorists should be explored, this seems like an incredibly irresponsible or indiscriminate way to do it, what if a Child was playing with their Parents pager? or the target was sat on a window seat of a Passenger Plane? with Thousands of apparent targets, theres no way that could have been controlled, just another example of Israel not caring if innocents are killed but suffering no repercussions from it.
I'm the English Guy
Harrison Bergeron
cms186 said:

Whilst any way to kill Terrorists should be explored, this seems like an incredibly irresponsible or indiscriminate way to do it, what if a Child was playing with their Parents pager? or the target was sat on a window seat of a Passenger Plane? with Thousands of apparent targets, theres no way that could have been controlled, just another example of Israel not caring if innocents are killed but suffering no repercussions from it.
Agreed. Israel should really adopt the Palestinians' policy on killing innocents.
cms186
ScottS said:

I think Terrorists and Criminals utilise them because the technology in them is so simple, they cant be hacked or traced, so you could have a Pager and receive a message about where you needed to go to deliver a bomb or shoot someone, for example, and because the Pager isnt required to send any information back, it cant be traced
I'm the English Guy
cms186
Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Agreed. Israel should really adopt the Palestinians' policy on killing innocents.
The difference being that Hezbollah is an internationally condemned Terrorist organisation, yet Israel is the one that has killed thousands of innocent Children
I'm the English Guy
Harrison Bergeron
cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

The difference being that Hezbollah is an internationally condemned Terrorist organisation, yet Israel Palestine is the one that has killed thousands of innocent Children
FIFY.
cms186
Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

The difference being that Hezbollah is an internationally condemned Terrorist organisation, yet Israel Palestine is the one that has killed thousands of innocent Children
FIFY.

at 50 names per page, thats 700 Children under the age of 1 that Israel has killed
I'm the English Guy
Wangchung
cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

FIFY.

at 50 names per page, thats 700 Children under the age of 1 that Israel has killed
Oh, well, if the Hamas Ministry of Health claims it's true then it MUST be true. Hamas NEVER puts out propaganda to try and make Israel look bad...
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
cms186
Wangchung said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

FIFY.

Oh, well, if the Hamas Ministry of Health claims it's true then it MUST be true. Hamas NEVER puts out propaganda to try and make Israel look bad...
and Israel never indiscriminately kills Children.....
I'm the English Guy
Osodecentx
cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

FIFY.

Hamas killed them

Wangchung
cms186 said:

Wangchung said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

FIFY.

Can't allow human shields to protect terrorists. Womp womp. If the parents of those kids didn't support the Palestinian terrorists they would not be forced to see their kids used as propaganda.
cms186
Wangchung said:

cms186 said:

Wangchung said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

FIFY.

Can't allow human shields to protect terrorists. Womp womp. If the parents of those kids didn't support the Palestinian terrorists they would not be forced to see their kids used as propaganda.
wow and you guys call yourselves Christians lol, how utterly pathetic.
I'm the English Guy
Wangchung
cms186 said:

Wangchung said:

cms186 said:

Wangchung said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

FIFY.

Supporting terrorists who use children as human shields makes you lower than whale ****, so your boos mean absolutely nothing.
Aliceinbubbleland
If this expands the tit for tat that has been ongoing with Hezbollah you have to wonder how much the Israeli economy can support. Their debt has to be growing exponentionally with every bomb and raid in Gaza, West Bank and Lebanon.

Iran was apparently sabre rattling when they claimed in July they would make Israel pay for blowing up the Hamas leader in Tehran. I'm not sure what Hezbollah plans might be but I think the folks in southern Lebanon have had enough. They may not be led by Hezbollah one more time.
Aliceinbubbleland
cms186 said:

I know. I ask myself every day why Israel and Hamas/Hezbollah/Iran cannot get along. Basically it is a religious war by folks who have little religious beliefs.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.