Football
Sponsored by

Rhule is a winner

12,923 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by D. C. Bear
midgett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Matt Rhule is 23-8 Against The Spread with 11 outright wins as an underdog in his head coaching career. This includes an 11-2 Against The Spread mark as a double-digit underdog.
boognish_bear
midgett said:

Matt Rhule is 23-8 Against The Spread with 11 outright wins as an underdog in his head coaching career. This includes an 11-2 Against The Spread mark as a double-digit underdog.

So you are saying we should bet the farm tomorrow?
Sip 'em Beers
CMR is 0-5 straight up at BU.
Sip 'em Beers
Rhule is a loser.
OldSchoolBU
Rhule is a winner. A proven winner in a competitive conference. Get your panties unwad and trust the process! Enjoy the improvement this year. Expect a team that will compete for a conference championship next year.
The past is last! Be a champion today!
YoakDaddy
More of a whiner than a winner with all of those excuses.
80sBEAR
Sip 'em Beers said:

Yep, I expect Matt Rhule and "the kids" to totally light up Okie State in Stillwater tomorrow. T. Boone Pickens will hold a press conference after the game and announce that he wants Oklahoma State to take his name off of the stadium. It is going to be frickin' EPIC!!!! We are gonna party like it's 1999!!
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
cowboycwr
80sBEAR said:

Sip 'em Beers said:

Yep, I expect Matt Rhule and "the kids" to totally light up Okie State in Stillwater tomorrow. T. Boone Pickens will hold a press conference after the game and announce that he wants Oklahoma State to take his name off of the stadium. It is going to be frickin' EPIC!!!! We are gonna party like it's 1999!!

I hope we don't play like the 1999 team......
hodedofome
Rhule is a winner up north.

He hasn't shown anything to prove he's a winner down south.
Gust Avrakotos
How did Jersey fare vs Liberty?
CorsicanaBear
OldSchoolBU said:

Rhule is a winner. A proven winner in a competitive conference. Get your panties unwad and trust the process! Enjoy the improvement this year. Expect a team that will compete for a conference championship next year.
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Stranger
Rhule is a winner, all right.

He won a $28 million lottery when he signed his contract with Baylor.

He'll never have to work another day in his life
I'm a Bearbacker
80sBEAR
Stranger said:

Rhule is a winner, all right.

He won a $28 million lottery when he signed his contract with Baylor.

He'll never have to work another day in his life
Same thing could almost be said for Antichrist 2.0 Art Briles. (according to the Baylor BOR). He only got $25 million.

Seven figure checks for EVERYONE!!!!! Just take a number and get in line.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
Ghostrider
Rhule is only 28-28 as a coach and has never won a bowl game. Yep, that's we pick pick to be our HC.
Krieg
cowboycwr said:

80sBEAR said:

Sip 'em Beers said:

I hope we don't play like the 1999 team......

I just wish we had week 1. It would've been nice to stay undefeated all-time against FCS teams. They beat their FCS opponent that year.
jstins
Sorry, but I don't trust a coach who makes excuses for losing the game in the midweek presser. Not after we lose, BEFORE we lose.
Dia del DougO
Baylor will continue to build on the momentum of the push vs bye last week. Definitely on the upwards swing.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Russell Gym
Does he have a record in the old Blue-Gray Game as a coach or player? Maybe Ken Burns knows.
Mothra
OldSchoolBU said:

So, a team that will most likely go winless or beat only Kansas is going to be competing for a conference championship the very next year?

It's time to stop taking you seriously, as you are delusional.

I swear we have some of the dumbest fans on the planet.
OldSchoolBU
Mothra said:

OldSchoolBU said:

So, a team that will most likely go winless or beat only Kansas is going to be competing for a conference championship the very next year?

yes it is really hard to envision a large turnaround in a year. Let's look at college football and see if it has ever happened before?

Well look here without even having to research, on the top of my head I remember Michigan State going to the CFP in 2015, going 3-9 the following year and now sitting atop the B10 standings the next year after a big win at Michigan.

Curl back up into the fetal position and keep feeling sorry for yourself for having no courage to believe in this program and a proven winner.
Bearsstinkin17
Bottom 25 rankings: Bears are now #4.
Bearster
OldSchoolBU said:

Mothra said:

OldSchoolBU said:

yes it is really hard to envision a large turnaround in a year. Let's look at college football and see if it has ever happened before?

Well look here without even having to research, on the top of my head I remember Michigan State going to the CFP in 2015, going 3-9 the following year and now sitting atop the B10 standings the next year after a big win at Michigan.

Curl back up into the fetal position and keep feeling sorry for yourself for having no courage to believe in this program and a proven winner.

Sorry buddy but you don't sound smart. It doesn't take courage to believe in something that isn't there. It takes courage to admit there is something wrong and try to fix it.

And this Michigan State team you speak of:
1. Got 3 wins last year...likely 3 more than we will have this year
2. Got their butts handed to them by an overhyped Notre Dame
3. Barely beat an equally overhyped Michigan team
4. Has yet to play OSU or Penn State. So while they may be ahead in the Big10 now, they haven't played anyone. I'll stand correctly if they end the season as conference champs.

Conference champs....that was fun....
Mitch Blood Green
I expect our first win today.
PartyBear
I do too actually. So does our OL coach. I heard that guy talk and I wish he got more press time he talks like Briles in the early days. He says it is their job to win with the players they have and win now and win Saturday. They were hired to win right away he says. I love his attitude.
Eball
You know I am a fan of CAB and especially his offense, excitement and winning but I do like how CMR has recruited and a lot of what he says. I believe he can win. In fact part of the reason I am hard on him is it is not unreasonable to look back at all five games and say we could have won everyone. In fact that's what concerns me why we are 0-5 we should have won multiple games by now. I do think we could be much improved record wise next year. I just don't think our ceiling will ever be as high as it was with the CAB offense. I am trying to trust the process and hoping for a win today.
PartyBear
I think that is everyone's problem with Rhule. We should be a lot better than we are right now. Rhule has done less with more than anyone in our history thus far. Hopefully the second half of the season is dramatically different than the first half.
Mothra
OldSchoolBU said:

Mothra said:

OldSchoolBU said:

I like you Old School, but you are a complete imbecile when it comes to the football program. We are looking at a winless season bro. You keep telling us how thin and young we are. Well guess what? That doesn't change in one recruiting cycle. if we are truly as thin as you say we are, those sorts of teams don't become contenders overnight.

And get back to me when the season is over with respect to Michigan State. We are 5 games into the season and they've beaten a rival. That's about all they've accomplished. They have a great coach leading them so I suspect he can turn it around but let's not get ahead of ourselves. You need to tap the brakes bro
timetraveler
Isn't there a phrase that winners win?
903Bear
Mothra said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Mothra said:

OldSchoolBU said:

I like you Old School, but you are a complete imbecile when it comes to the football program. We are looking at a winless season bro. You keep telling us how thin and young we are. Well guess what? That doesn't change in one recruiting cycle. if we are truly as thin as you say we are, those sorts of teams don't become contenders overnight.

And get back to me when the season is over with respect to Michigan State. We are 5 games into the season and they've beaten a rival. That's about all they've accomplished. They have a great coach leading them so I suspect he can turn it around but let's not get ahead of ourselves. You need to tap the brakes bro
We simply have to look at Rhule's Temple squads to know what he did in years 1 and 2 as HC. I think he was 2-10 and 6-6. I hope we also get his records in years 3 and 4 with the 10 win squads, but I don't see it happening until 2019 for our Bears. I hope I'm wrong
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
He is 0-5. There is no getting around that.
Pale Rider
tommie said:

I expect our first win today.

tommie's best post ever.

Man, the impatience in this crowd is of epidemic proportions.
McCavebear
So Rhule is a winner?

Was that in another life?

He has yet to win a game at Baylor and its mid Oct.
McCavebear Lives!
903Bear
Hopefully, CMR gets things turned around soon. Otherwise, he's going to have a lot of work to do to be a winning head coach
CHP Bear
Sip 'em Beers said:

But he did win the spring game.
OldSchoolBU
CHP Bear said:

Sip 'em Beers said:

But he did win the spring game.
we looked terrible in the spring game. Should have been an indication. Good news is that Baylor has played well against two good teams in the last 2 games. They have their hands full today but if you are ranking the games in order of difficulty in getting wins, I would go:

1 @OSU
2 @TCU
3 TT
4 Texas
5 WVU
6 ISU
7 @KU

I say OSU tougher than TCU because you might get some dicey weather for that last one and weather can be an equalizer to some degree.

I just want 2-4 wins this year and competitiveness. We have some big time playmakers back in the fold next year including Jalen Hurd and our best offensive linemen is the Clemson starter that transferred. The Aggie transfer will help a lot on the DL. Plus you are returning 18 of 22 starters.

A bowl will be expected. If things develop right, we should be contending for a conference title. That Craig Williams kid is a special talent coming in at RB. Very Barry Sanders like.

Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.