Football
Sponsored by

TCU In The College Football Playoff

20,876 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MidWestBear2010 said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

mmodine said:

I didn't realize TCU paid Patterson so well. His salary is $4.75mm per the Internet
Out of 16 complete seasons as TCU's head coach, Patterson is 155-53 with 10 AP top 25 finishes and TCU was in a P5 for only 5 of those seasons. He's won 9/14 of the bowls during those complete seasons.

He's a top 10 coach.

He is a Top 10 coach and had Baylor been able to snag him we would have provided him even better recruiting, facilities & support over what he has gotten.

Another thing........he would still be coaching in Waco.

He never would have been hired at Baylor. I thought you wanted an honorable man at our university, not a jerk on his third wife. Was that just lip service?
A jerk on his third wife vs. one who knowingly brought an element onto campus that forever changed the lives of 18-22 year old coeds? Those are some very bad dudes or as his son said, we got a lot of white women at Baylor and they love football players.

Very honorable!

So, as long as his morals were better than art Briles he was Acceptablel in your opinion?

Just be honest, character never really mattered to you. You wanted are gone because you felt he only paid attention to one phase of the game. You would gladly take a scumbag who met your standards on the field. This post is proof positive.
I did not want him gone until the dirty BS was revealed. I just wanted him to maximize his opportunities given to him by a Baylor that bent over backwards for him. Character does matter. Loyalty matters. Discipline matters.

Life is so much more than winning football games with questionable practices & characters.

So what do you say to the players who actually spent time with Briles and say he is a man of great character? Are they liars?
You could have found just as many who supported Sandusky, Paterno, etc.

Players form a bond with coaches. For some players that coach becomes a father or support that they never had before. The more successes ON THE FIELD they have the more blind loyalty creeps in. Factor in that players attach their coaches to success in the eyes of the adoring public, no rules other than physically dominating another player across that LOS during 5-6 hours each day at practice and the "family" (teammates) that will rally around them and you have a formula for an environment that allows a player to purge the pressures/reality of having to go to class, living with little to no $$$ and all of the other "negatives" that drag one down.

I can provide you a list of my teammates that hated some of our coaches. Real hate.

Art showed me around on my recruiting visit to Houston back in December of 1976. He was a great guy back then and i'm Sure that he still is. However, $$$, alumni influence and building up your resume in NCAA football have a way of changing a person.

Great character people do not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, allow bad character folks within their organization no matter how big the reward. Those bad characters ALWAYS are revealed.
xiledinok
Does character really count at Baylor among the alumni who claim it does count? It sure doesn't seem like it among the robe.

Again, what kind of people get in mall fight? What kind of people brag about it? Apparently, those folks cannot get NCAA jobs.

Fat Pat didn't get his trash all over the yard and then manage to piss off everyone writing checks associated with college football. Of course, Pat did what the owners of college football wished and for some reason the big ugly owners took care of him and his school.
Private Pyle
Thee University said:

MidWestBear2010 said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

mmodine said:

I didn't realize TCU paid Patterson so well. His salary is $4.75mm per the Internet
Out of 16 complete seasons as TCU's head coach, Patterson is 155-53 with 10 AP top 25 finishes and TCU was in a P5 for only 5 of those seasons. He's won 9/14 of the bowls during those complete seasons.

He's a top 10 coach.

He is a Top 10 coach and had Baylor been able to snag him we would have provided him even better recruiting, facilities & support over what he has gotten.

He never would have been hired at Baylor. I thought you wanted an honorable man at our university, not a jerk on his third wife. Was that just lip service?
A jerk on his third wife vs. one who knowingly brought an element onto campus that forever changed the lives of 18-22 year old coeds? Those are some very bad dudes or as his son said, we got a lot of white women at Baylor and they love football players.

Very honorable!

So, as long as his morals were better than art Briles he was Acceptablel in your opinion?

Just be honest, character never really mattered to you. You wanted are gone because you felt he only paid attention to one phase of the game. You would gladly take a scumbag who met your standards on the field. This post is proof positive.
I did not want him gone until the dirty BS was revealed. I just wanted him to maximize his opportunities given to him by a Baylor that bent over backwards for him. Character does matter. Loyalty matters. Discipline matters.

Life is so much more than winning football games with questionable practices & characters.

So what do you say to the players who actually spent time with Briles and say he is a man of great character? Are they liars?
You could have found just as many who supported Sandusky, Paterno, etc.

Players form a bond with coaches. For some players that coach becomes a father or support that they never had before. The more successes ON THE FIELD they have the more blind loyalty creeps in. Factor in that players attach their coaches to success in the eyes of the adoring public, no rules other than physically dominating another player across that LOS during 5-6 hours each day at practice and the "family" (teammates) that will rally around them and you have a formula for an environment that allows a player to purge the pressures/reality of having to go to class, living with little to no $$$ and all of the other "negatives" that drag one down.

I can provide you a list of my teammates that hated some of our coaches. Real hate.

Art showed me around on my recruiting visit to Houston back in December of 1976. He was a great guy back then and i'm Sure that he still is. However, $$$, alumni influence and building up your resume in NCAA football have a way of changing a person.

Great character people do not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, allow bad character folks within their organization no matter how big the reward. Those bad characters ALWAYS are revealed.
like Rhule?
MilliVanilli
xiledinok said:

Does character really count at Baylor among the alumni who claim it does count? It sure doesn't seem like it among the robe.

Again, what kind of people get in mall fight? What kind of people brag about it? Apparently, those folks cannot get NCAA jobs.

Fat Pat didn't get his trash all over the yard and then manage to piss off everyone writing checks associated with college football. Of course, Pat did what the owners of college football wished and for some reason the big ugly owners took care of him and his school.
Fat Pat is human garbage, but he's an excellent football coach and thus far smart enough to make sure his dirty laundry is compliant enough to survive NCAA vetting.
MilliVanilli
MidWestBear2010 said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

mmodine said:

He's a top 10 coach.

Very honorable!

Art is charming and likable, so are a lot of people. Most US presidents have been too, and most wouldn't be accused of high character.
xiledinok
MilliVanilli said:

xiledinok said:

Fat Pat is human garbage, but he's an excellent football coach and thus far smart enough to make sure his dirty laundry is compliant enough to survive NCAA vetting.
Fat Pat did what was asked of him from the business side of NCAA college football and was smart enough to have adults handling adults situations. The immaturity burned Baylor along with a weakling athletic director and school president who knew that hiding behind big wins would keep their job secure.
Art chose to not to do what he was told and was easily painted as the Jerry Sandusky of college rapes involving student athletes. This would have never happen had he wisely gone away for a while and not caused more issues at Baylor post firing. He played the pr game first but lost.
MilliVanilli
xiledinok said:

MilliVanilli said:

xiledinok said:

Fat Pat did what was asked of him from the business side of NCAA college football and was smart enough to have adults handling adults situations. The immaturity burned Baylor along with a weakling athletic director and school president who knew that hiding behind big wins would keep their job secure.
Art chose to not to do what he was told and was easily painted as the Jerry Sandusky of college rapes involving student athletes. This would have never happen had he wisely gone away for a while and not caused more issues at Baylor post firing. He played the pr game first but lost.
You're not wrong.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.