Football
Sponsored by

TCU In The College Football Playoff

21,100 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
MilliVanilli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
marco said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

No way they make the playoffs. They don't "play the right way". They are a spread team for crying out loud and I've read repeadely on this site posts by Thee and others that no spread team will EVER win it all much less make the playoffs. You can only beat Alabama if you play the game on their terms and out recruit them. It is KNOWN.
Lying MFer. What I said for YEARS that no Art Briles team would make it.

Patterson is different. He believes in Defense first. When he realized that he was not going to get there without a new Offense he went out and hired Sonny Cumbie. He has had a dedicated Special Teams coach for 3 years now.

Patterson is a complete coach and got closer to making the final four than pretender Briles.

If Baylor can't make it I hope that TCU does.
How you figure, Gomer? Last time I checked BU finished a place or so ahead of TCU the only year both were in consideration. You like to cite end of year rankings, well Holmes, at the end of the competition to make the playoffs Baylor was ranked ahead of TCU. You got a link to back up your claim?
Ohhhhh, you are referring to the 2014 CO-Championship season in which we finished 5th and TCU 6th in the CFP.

Unfortunately for you my little pencil-necked intramural hero there was a bowl game to be played. We stumbled around and let Michigan State give us a pigskin enema and blew a 20 point 4th quarter lead in front of the entire nation.

What did TCU do? They throttled the #9 ranked Ole Miss Rebels to the tune of 42-3.

The FINAL rankings had TCU at #4 while the defenseless and special teamsless Bears dropped to #9.

That my bubble dwelling friend with the limpus wristus disease was the FINAL RANKINGS!
I don't need to quote you again, you said that TCU was closer to the playoffs than BU was. Well, the only year that both were in contention was 2014 so that would be the year we are talking about. When the teams were announced, which school was ranked closer to number 4? I'll let your thick neck ponder that whilst I sip my champagne.
We all know it's a sprite.
boognish_bear
80sBEAR said:

Thee University said:

MilliVanilli said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

No way they make the playoffs. They don't "play the right way". They are a spread team for crying out loud and I've read repeadely on this site posts by Thee and others that no spread team will EVER win it all much less make the playoffs. You can only beat Alabama if you play the game on their terms and out recruit them. It is KNOWN.

Patterson is different. He believes in Defense first. When he realized that he was not going to get there without a new Offense he went out and hired Sonny Cumbie. He has had a dedicated Special Teams coach for 3 years now.

Patterson is a complete coach and got closer to making the final four than pretender Briles.

I hate Patterson's personality, but he is the best x's and o's coach in the conference.

Had TCU gone to the 2014 Playoff, and they were more worthy than FSU or Oregon, they would've given Ohio State about all they could handle.
Speaking of Ohio State...............they get that chance next year in Arlington. They are not afraid of playing competition.

2018 - Ohio State
2019 - Purdue
2020 - Cal
2021 - Cal
2022 - Colorado
2023 - Colorado
2024 - Stanford
2025 - North Carolina
2026 - North Carolina
2027 - Stanford
Yeah, it is a shame we didn't have Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson on our non-conference schedule this season. LOL!!!

Well Our record would have been the same And we would've saved all the money we paid those teams to come in and beat us.
boognish_bear
Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

There isn't just one formula that works. The first year of the CFP Oregon made it in with the 89th ranked defense and the 3rd ranked offense. FSU made it in that same year with the 63rd ranked defense. Even BU had a higher ranked defense than both of those teams that year coming in at 51st.

In fact none of the teams that were ranked in the Top 10 in Total Defense that year made the CFP. I'm not trying to say having a shut down defense isn't important...but it's not the only way into the CFP.

303Bear
boognish_bear said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

There isn't just one formula that works. The first year of the CFP Oregon made it in with the 89th ranked defense and the 3rd ranked offense. FSU made it in that same year with the 63rd ranked defense. Even BU had a higher ranked defense than both of those teams that year coming in at 51st.

In fact none of the teams that were ranked in the Top 10 in Total Defense that year made the CFP. I'm not trying to say having a shut down defense isn't important...but it's not the only way into the CFP.

Calm down there with your facts, friend. You are getting in the way of another good Thee rant!
boognish_bear
With our bowl hopes dashed (we ain't about to rip off 6 wins in a row) our new role will be to play potential conference spoiler.

Can you just imagine if TCU is undefeated going into that last weekend of conf play and looking ahead to the B12 Title game....then we somehow go to Fort Worth and play out of our heads and steal a win and kill their chance at the CFP.

Man...that would be tasty. Highly unlikely...but that would be fun.
geewago
boognish_bear said:

With our bowl hopes dashed (we ain't about to rip off 6 wins in a row) our new role will be to play potential conference spoiler.

Can you just imagine if TCU is undefeated going into that last weekend of conf play and looking ahead to the B12 Title game....then we somehow go to Fort Worth and play out of our heads and steal a win and kill their chance at the CFP.

Well if you'll send the Roman army in to the TCU practice with their swords and staves and have them cut everybodys right arm off - your dream might be possible.
AccidentalCynic
boognish_bear said:

This thought keeps me up at night.
GruntTuff
MV.....tell us about your wonderful experiences at Baylor.

Tell us, so we can ask you questions to confirm you really went to Baylor. Tell us.

You won't, you coward.

GruntTuff
I, and most of us who actually went to Baylor and respect the sacrifice made by players like Thee, can disagree with him, wish he could come up with something more creative than "pencil neck" and still give him respect. He laid his body on the line and gave his blood for Baylor. He's earned the right to say what he does.

MilliVanilli didn't go to Baylor, is probably paid to say what he says, and could care less about Baylor and its history.

Tell us MV...tell us about your time at Baylor.
BoyMeetsBaylor
After a couple of years of being a Baylor student, I've started to realize why other fans bases hate us so much. So many of our fans are absolutely delusional.

We bend the truth to fit our agenda and make us look favorable and we look SO DUMB because of it.

For the idiots saying the ranking before the playoff is the only one that matters and that we finished the season ranked ahead of TCU... give me an effing break. TCU finished the 2014 season ranked ahead of us, and deservingly so. You literally sound like 3rd grader with sour grapes if you argue otherwise.

Yes. We had head to head against those *******s, but we beat them with a last second field goal at our home stadium in the final seconds of the game. And if a couple calls don't go that way, we don't win that game anyway.

TCU's only loss that year was to us. A top 6 team in our home stadium in the final seconds against a rival. They then went on to curb crush a very impressive Ole Miss team. At the end of the season, TCU was playing better football than just about anyone in the country and finished #3. Hell they probably would have beat Ohio State.

Us on the other hand lost decisively to an unranked WVU and then lost our ass against MSU in humiliating fashion.

Please. For the sake of what little dignity this school still has, don't sit here and argue that Baylor finished ranked ahead of TCU. We didn't.
Dungeon Athletics
BoyMeetsBaylor said:

After a couple of years of being a Baylor student, I've started to realize why other fans bases hate us so much. So many of our fans are absolutely delusional.

We bend the truth to fit our agenda and make us look favorable and we look SO DUMB because of it.

For the idiots saying the ranking before the playoff is the only one that matters and that we finished the season ranked ahead of TCU... give me an effing break. TCU finished the 2014 season ranked ahead of us, and deservingly so. You literally sound like 3rd grader with sour grapes if you argue otherwise.

Yes. We had head to head against those *******s, but we beat them with a last second field goal at our home stadium in the final seconds of the game. And if a couple calls don't go that way, we don't win that game anyway.

TCU's only loss that year was to us. A top 6 team in our home stadium in the final seconds against a rival. They then went on to curb crush a very impressive Ole Miss team. At the end of the season, TCU was playing better football than just about anyone in the country and finished #3. Hell they probably would have beat Ohio State.

Us on the other hand lost decisively to an unranked WVU and then lost our ass against MSU in humiliating fashion.

Please. For the sake of what little dignity this school still has, don't sit here and argue that Baylor finished ranked ahead of TCU. We didn't.

Go back to killer frogs. You're not fooling anyone.
Thee University
303Bear said:

So wait... Thee is a TCU fan now?

Did Thee ever play basketball? He has an amazing pivot.
I am a fan of the old SWC private schools. As I have said hundreds of times................if Baylor can't win it I hope TCU or Rice does.
Thee University
303Bear said:

CHP Bear said:

MilliVanilli said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

How you figure, Gomer? Last time I checked BU finished a place or so ahead of TCU the only year both were in consideration. You like to cite end of year rankings, well Holmes, at the end of the competition to make the playoffs Baylor was ranked ahead of TCU. You got a link to back up your claim?
TCU finished #3, leap frogging Baylor after the Cotton Bowl meltdown, the sum body of work made it clear they were a better team.
Body of work? Wouldn't our win over TCU qualify for body of work? Wouldn't our win over TCU qualify us as the better team? If not then why do we keep score?
CHP, you think wins on the field matter? No no, the Cotton Bowl loss negates everything! Whole season was a failure, whole era really.

Its too bad they demolished Floyd Casey. We could move back and pretend 2008-2015 never happened and some people would be much happier for it.
Weak, weak weak BS.
Thee University
marco said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Ohhhhh, you are referring to the 2014 CO-Championship season in which we finished 5th and TCU 6th in the CFP.

Unfortunately for you my little pencil-necked intramural hero there was a bowl game to be played. We stumbled around and let Michigan State give us a pigskin enema and blew a 20 point 4th quarter lead in front of the entire nation.

What did TCU do? They throttled the #9 ranked Ole Miss Rebels to the tune of 42-3.

The FINAL rankings had TCU at #4 while the defenseless and special teamsless Bears dropped to #9.

That my bubble dwelling friend with the limpus wristus disease was the FINAL RANKINGS!
I don't need to quote you again, you said that TCU was closer to the playoffs than BU was. Well, the only year that both were in contention was 2014 so that would be the year we are talking about. When the teams were announced, which school was ranked closer to number 4? I'll let your thick neck ponder that whilst I sip my champagne.
I piss in your cheap Korbel champagne and fart in your direction for posting such BS. The entire nation knew TCU was playing much better than Baylor by year end. But, as was always the case, we could not win out in our conference and had to depend on someone else to help us win the B12 and then tie for another title.

Yes, the committee had to put us above TCU but everyone that knew anything about football knew TCU was playing lights out at the end of the season. They beat UT 48-10 and then ISU 55-3. They beat Tech 82-27. Yes, they struggled against KSU and KU but finishing out the final two weeks of the season they were crushing people.

We finished out with a 48-46 squeaker versus Texas Tech and an admirable 38-27 win over KSU.

In the history books you look up the final rankings and I see TCU at either #3 or #4.
Thee University
GruntTuff said:

I, and most of us who actually went to Baylor and respect the sacrifice made by players like Thee, can disagree with him, wish he could come up with something more creative than "pencil neck" and still give him respect. He laid his body on the line and gave his blood for Baylor. He's earned the right to say what he does.

MilliVanilli didn't go to Baylor, is probably paid to say what he says, and could care less about Baylor and its history.

Grunt, just for you I will work on even more descriptive words for those who possess an abundance of estrogen coursing through their football veins.
ilbb990912
Patterson is a very good coach but he is as crooked as any coach out there. He's one of the biggest negative recruiters going. And they quietly swept under the rug their own rape scandal a few years ago.
MilliVanilli
Thee University said:

GruntTuff said:

Grunt, just for you I will work on even more descriptive words for those who possess an abundance of estrogen coursing through their football veins.
He suffers from low T to say the least.
MilliVanilli
ilbb990912 said:

Patterson is a very good coach but he is as crooked as any coach out there. He's one of the biggest negative recruiters going. And they quietly swept under the rug their own rape scandal a few years ago.
He's a definite jerk, a better x's and o's guy than Briles, but way less likable as a person and quite possibly equally crooked.
Thee University
ilbb990912 said:

It could be that Patterson is loyal to TCU and wants to stay there. He makes moves that signify to me that he is there for the long haul and is not willing to sacrifice the reputation of the university for his own gain.

And to my knowledge he does not employ family and close friends
303Bear
Thee University said:

303Bear said:

I am a fan of the old SWC private schools. As I have said hundreds of times................if Baylor can't win it I hope TCU or Rice does.
But not SMU, got it.
marco
BoyMeetsBaylor said:

Nobody is arguing that you dimwitted twat waffle. Now git!
Bro
marco said:

Amway Coaches poll has 'Bama #1, Penn State #2, Georgia #3 and TCU at #4. I expect the CFP committee to pretty much mirror this in their rankings.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/2017/8

Yeah, right, but if Ohio State only loses one more and ends up 10-2, the committee will probably put them in over TCU or OU or OSU, whatever their records.
boognish_bear
Not sold on Georgia

ColomboLQ
Dungeon Athletics said:

BoyMeetsBaylor said:

Go back to killer frogs. You're not fooling anyone.
Is it sad that I think it's possible this is just alt nick for another poster on this site and not an actual TCU guy?
Thee University
303Bear said:

Thee University said:

303Bear said:

But not SMU, got it.
Sorry. Did not mean to leave the Ponies out. Yes, I would love to see Peruna win it all if Baylor can't.
historian
marco said:

Amway Coaches poll has 'Bama #1, Penn State #2, Georgia #3 and TCU at #4. I expect the CFP committee to pretty much mirror this in their rankings.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/2017/8
First of all, polls this early don't mean very much. The only that really matters is the last one by the committee.

Second of all, why should we expect the committee to follow the lead of coaches or anyone else? They haven't done that before. For example, I remember quite clearly in 2015, when we were ranked #2 by the polls for 3 weeks in a row, the committee put us at 5 or 6 even though we were still undefeated (unlike most other teams). They had no way of knowing we were going to have injuries to our offensive super stars or that we would lose 3 of the last 4 regular season games.
Mothra
Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

And yet Briles often beat him. Imagine that...
Mothra
Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

Amen. Thanks the lord we brought in the current coaching staff to be a more complete team in all phases. Anyone can see from the internal improvements Rhule will be kicking Patterson's fat @ss very soon.
Mothra
Patterson is a damn good coach, no question. He doesn't hold a candle to Briles' offensive genius but his defenses are about as tough as they come, and with less talent.

Let's hope Rhule gets a clue from our foe to the North and hires someone to run the Briles offense in the offseason. I doubt it will happen, but if Rhule can bring the defense from temple and run Briles offense, we could be a very good team.
MilliVanilli
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Jacques Strap said:

And yet Briles often beat him. Imagine that...
Still playing this fantasy on yet another thread, imagine that.

3-3 record, 3-4 if you count the final insult of his staff getting blown out 62-22 after their infamous tweet.

All losses were blow outs minus the monsoon, all wins nail biting tossups.

You really do live divorced from reality and double down on it repeatedly.
Mothra
I said, "Briles beat him."

You said, "Nu uh, Briles was 3-3 against him."

Uh, I hate to point out the obvious, but the first 3 in your "3-3" comment represents wins.
MilliVanilli
Mothra said:

I said, "Briles beat him."

You said, "Nu uh, Briles was 3-3 against him."

Uh, I hate to point out the obvious, but the first 3 in your "3-3" comment represents wins.
First you said Briles "beat him more often than not" and then "often beat him".

You really are apparently unaware that people can read your actual words and know you're an argumentative tool.

Guy was blown out by Gary every other year, sum total of 3-4 is his legacy, just quit making crap up.
Mothra
Curious why you keep referring to others as if they agree with you. Other than you - a little barking dog - I get along with everyone on this board. Tell me, bra, who are your friends here? Can you even name one?

Bra, NO ONE likes you. Let that settle in for a moment.

Night night little chihuahua.
MilliVanilli
Mothra said:

Curious why you keep referring to others as if they agree with you. Other than you - a little barking dog - I get along with everyone on this board. Tell me, bra, who are your friends here? Can you even name one?

Reality agrees with me.

And if you only knew the PM's I get about what a hack you are.

You're the one promoting a fantasy and trying to deflect because you an intellectual coward caught in a lie.

"Briles beat Gary more often then not" became "Briles often beat Him", neither is true.

3-4 and ass handed to him every other year is not often beating anyone, the fact you can't own up to empirical realities when confronted with them means you have a deep aversion to the truth about almost anything based in reality.

Mothra
MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

Reality agrees with me.

And if you only knew the PM's I get about what a hack you are.

You're the one promoting a fantasy and trying to deflect because you an intellectual coward caught in a lie.

"Briles beat Gary more often then not" became "Briles often beat Him", neither is true.

3-4 and ass handed to him every other year is not often beating anyone, the fact you can't own up to empirical realities when confronted with them means you have a deep aversion to the truth about almost anything based in reality.

LOL! Oh yes I'm sure you're gotten just tons of PMs from people complaining about me. Sure bra. Cool story.

I'll leave you with your Briles bitterness. Night night little chihuahua.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.