Football
Sponsored by

* * Centex HS Sports History Thread!

21,831 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wrecks Quan Dough
RR/BV
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

RR/BV said:

Howard Fields was a very good CB for Baylor in mid 70's. He had a little brother named Prince Fields. 5'10 in 7th grade and could 360 dunk a basketball. As a freshman at Killeen Ellison he was state ranked top 5 in 100 meters.
Ended up being shot and killed
is this Prince? http://www.tdtnews.com/archive/article_73b38c0d-8c91-5653-9794-72f478f0f5af.html
I believe so. He was a stud
RR/BV
LIB,MR BEARS said:

One of the best athletes from my day in the Waco area was Scott Horseman (sp). He may have been the best HS pitcher I ever saw but he was in love with basketball. I've no idea what became of him.
Junior College basketball assistant for years at Lon Morris
drahthaar

a couple of Clifton Cubs:

Bobby Joe Conrad....graduated about '54 and played for A&M. WR for St Louis Csrdinals and finished his career with Landry in Dallas. Now retired Bosque county judge.

James Haywood..AA at Sam Houston State..won the Texas HS All Star game with a TD reception.
Wichitabear
This thread is great!
Wrecks Quan Dough
Yogi said:

John Henry deserves to be in the Texas High School Football Hall of Fame for a whole bunch of good reasons.

I cannot believe he is not the THS HOF. Anyone mentioned Frankie Smith from Groesbeck yet?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.