Football
Sponsored by

Kaz hired by SMU

23,786 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Keyser Soze
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoBSU said:

Doc Holliday said:

NoBSU said:

Doc Holliday said:

Can you really blame Rhule though for letting Kaz go when Baylor essentially did nothing but sh*t on the guy and his coworkers?
No. Not sure what you mean as Kaz had what on paper looked like a promotion to a department position higher than sport specific. Then he left. Or were your whirled peas rhetorical?
Let me clear this up:

Imagine being Kaz.

Scandal happens.

Everyone you work with including you are called rape enablers.

Baylor does nothing but help the media call you a rape enabler.

Now imagine remaining loyal to Baylor.
what's Kaz's views on North Korea?

Yeah, that's my way of saying WTH are you talking about? Who is expecting Kaz to be loyal to Baylor. What does that have to do with SMU hiring him?

The school fired Art. They kept Kaz and the others. Then they dumped on Art (not Kendal or Kaz). Kaz was around longer than anyone. Publicly, it looked like he was moving up, then left on his own accord. He didn't owe Baylor any loyalty. He was free to leave and from a public perception stay. We have all read posts that claim inside knowledge that the tweets sealed all the staff's fate as to continued employment. But he sure didn't look fired from Baylor.

The plaintiff attorneys dumped on everybody. Brenda Tracy dumped on everybody. The media had some things wrong. Baylor ducked and covered to avoid the release PH report. A few regents personally dumped on Art and Shill to kill the personal lawsuit against them. BS move. But that wasn't dumping on Kaz. You have a whacked irrelevant, revisionist history with the Kaz loyalty statement. I wish Kaz well. I am not sure what I wish about 15 posters on this board. That is the point it is with me. You seem to want to drag all of us into a hate Baylor and love the Briles staff world because some very good football was played for a few years. I am disppointed in Baylor and the Briles staff. That disappointment is minor compared to how I feel about 15 "fans" or trolls here.
I'm pretty certain out of being an honest and loyal person that Kaz was and had to be in order to do his job well that he felt obligated to give Baylor the finger.

Meaning you screwed with his colleagues...you screwed with him.
DustyM
I personally think the federal lawsuits against the COO, police department and other Baylor executives is pretty telling of who was stonewalling the investigations. Two of the three Title IV employees named names in their lawsuits and most folks did not even take notice. If the Briles staff was guilty of covering up, then the Rhule staff is as well since the stonewalling was continuing in 2017.

But, with that said and while everyone is choking on that, I personally don't think either staff was guilty of covering sexual assaults up. Do I think football players were involved, yes, but they are a small percentage of the total and all of them were being covered up. How does a football staff cover up for 95 percent of the student body when they probably don't even know them. Odd take on things if you ask me.
Backporch
SicThe12 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/southern-methodist/Bolt/SMU-Mustangs-football-to-hire-Kaz-Kazadi-as-strength-and-conditioning-coach-Baylor-Bears-113397445/Amp

I read that Bryce Petty took a dump today too.
xiledinok
SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

That last court filing was over 40 pages and contained enough to make Briles & Shillinglaw run from their defamation suits. Not really a trickle, more like a game ender.

What made baylor dish out a 8 figure settlement?
After 19 months that is what you cling to?
You've been all over this site pointing to Briles accepting money as a smoking gun. But absolve the University for offering the money.

It's beyond silly.
Then you have not really paid attention.

It is a contradiction for someone to publicly state "all I want to do is clear my name" and days later take money and sign the NDA. That is what I have pointed out and it is hard to argue against.

I don't know exactly why Baylor paid him off, but there are multiple reason far more plausible than the scapegoating BS spewed by the CABers.

Baylor: This is all CAB! He failed Baylor!

CAB: That's a lie, i'll see you in court.

Baylor: Please take these millions and millions of dollars! And agree to never let the public hear what you have to say!

Dude, he did sue Baylor but dismissed after it was clear more bad news would be drug out in public including actions of his staff.
Todd Graham was paid $12 million to go away for on the field and being a bit of a dipstick off it. Briles got close to the going rate but he played a pr game.
Now, his reputation is associated with rape and college athletics.
It's really about winning and losing for Art. He lost and people don't want him.
NoBSU
SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

That last court filing was over 40 pages and contained enough to make Briles & Shillinglaw run from their defamation suits. Not really a trickle, more like a game ender.

You've been all over this site pointing to Briles accepting money as a smoking gun. But absolve the University for offering the money.

It's beyond silly.

It is a contradiction for someone to publicly state "all I want to do is clear my name" and days later take money and sign the NDA. That is what I have pointed out and it is hard to argue against.

I don't know exactly why Baylor paid him off, but there are multiple reason far more plausible than the scapegoating BS spewed by the CABers.

CAB Attorney: Baylor isn't representing CAB in best interests. Filing to separate and use his own counsel.

Hernandez attorney: we are meeting to settle this case on Friday. CAB may be there to support us.

Baylor: Please take these millions and millions of dollars! And agree to never let the public hear what you have to say!

CAB Attorney: We have reached a settlement with Baylor and are withdrawing motion.

Later

Baylor: To WSJ, this is all CAB! He failed Baylor!

Baylor: Text message pleading.

CAB: Case withdrawn.

Message board spin by many.

Fixed the time line for you and added some detail you omitted.
Keyser Soze
NoBSU said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

It's beyond silly.

CAB Attorney: Baylor isn't representing CAB in best interests. Filing to separate and use his own counsel.

Hernandez attorney: we are meeting to settle this case on Friday. CAB may be there to support us.

CAB Attorney: We have reached a settlement with Baylor and are withdrawing motion.

Later

Never forget to use your burner phone
xiIedinok
Keyser Soze said:

NoBSU said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

It's beyond silly.

Later

Since all the rape cover-up messages were found on the school phone, right?
xiledinok
BearackObama said:

Keyser Soze said:

NoBSU said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

It's beyond silly.

Later

There was enough to know that he wasn't the last to know. Gosh, get your lies straight before suing an NCAA school.
EvilTroyAndAbed
NoBSU said:

Underwhelming but better than Jonesboro, AR
I'm from Jonesboro, so *****you.
NoBSU
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

NoBSU said:

Underwhelming but better than Jonesboro, AR
I'm from Jonesboro, so *****you.
Do you do voice acting for SpongeBob Squarepants?
RegentCoverup
BearackObama said:

Keyser Soze said:

NoBSU said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

It's beyond silly.

Later

you catch on fast.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
boognish_bear
Sailor Bear
SicThe12 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Can you really blame Rhule though for letting Kaz go when Baylor essentially did nothing but sh*t on the guy and his coworkers?
Rhule said it himself, what was the game where CMR told us the defense was too tired to compete? Only for usnto discover that our offense won the ToP battle?
You can only beef up a bunch of high school kids so much in a year, ya know.
xiledinok
Isn't Ou's former recruiting coordinator who was quietly fired prior to Stoops strangely stepping down also at SMU?
They can share stories.
Sailor Bear
SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Not deciding to terminate for cause, which was the original intent.

Briles filed an emergency motion for separate legal counsel in the Hernandez suit, simultaneously claiming wrongful termination. Baylor decided that it was in our best interest to end the legal battle with Briles and not open ourselves up to unending legal expenses. Briles dropped the motion and inked a $15.1MM settlement literally the next day. That's pretty much how.

Let's not forget Briles was owed $40MM - largely guaranteed.
DaveyBear
What a bunch of crap you clowns espouse.

If I make it to heaven i will keep my zipper closed, if I go to hell the first thing I will do is piss on Buddy Jones.
Malbec
Bearish said:

Briles filed an emergency motion for separate legal counsel in the Hernandez suit, simultaneously claiming wrongful termination. Baylor decided that it was in our best interest to end the legal battle with Briles and not open ourselves up to unending legal expenses. Briles dropped the motion and inked a $15.1MM settlement literally the next day. That's pretty much how.

Fiction.
PervertedLittleTarts
SicThe12 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Everyone knows I'm not the biggest CMR fan around here, but I have to say. No. S&C coaches are usually a package deal with HC's in college football. Rarely will you see a HC retain or even hire a complete stranger.

The issue is, the guy who we have now can't hold a candle to Kaz. Rhule said it himself, what was the game where CMR told us the defense was too tired to compete? Only for usnto discover that our offense won the ToP battle?

Personally, I'm happy for Kaz. Loved that man while he was here.

But regarding the "issue" that you raised: please list your strength and conditioning credentials so that we can properly judge your expert S&C evaluation, rather than coming to the obvious conclusion that you have no freaking idea what you're talking about.
bearlyafarmer
Malbec said:

Bearish said:

Fiction.
As in, unmitigated.
Mitch Blood Green
Doc Holliday said:

Yes. That's an easy one. He hasn't replaced him with better and he doesn't seem to understand August climate in Texas.
REX
xiledinok said:

Isn't Ou's former recruiting coordinator who was quietly fired prior to Stoops strangely stepping down also at SMU?
They make can share stories.

Or they can just compare Big12 championship rings
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

They make can share stories.

Or they can just compare Big12 championship rings
They can also talk about how slime ball activities by their former employers left them not having to watch the CFP show.
Wichitabear
If anything, I'm a little jealous!
BikerBear
So this now gives me 3 schools that interest me enough to allow me to watch a little college football this fall.

1) SMU
2) University of Houston
3) University of Tulsa

I certainly am not going to watch this dumpster fire. I am a graduate and a long-time fan, but I can honestly say that I no longer give a rat's rear end about the Baylor football program. I got an email earlier today, letting me know about Baylor's latest propaganda tour, and I just hit unsubscribe.They will not ever get another dime from me.

Wichitabear
Amarillobear
57Bear said:

NoBSU said:

C
... What you don't know (and neither do I) is how deep the evidence is that we were fixing complaints and any police investigations (and no I don't just mean SA) in a hope to keep events away from JA. All schools do this. It doesn't make Briles a leper. It does make it understandable that when his guys made the papers, then his was subject to dismissal. That isn't a scapegoat. That is pretty much every company that I have would for as an adult.

Our BOR is far from agels. Our AD and coaching staff were far from angels.
"What you don't know (and neither do I) is how deep the evidence is" ... Nor do we know how that "evidence" might be contested in a court of law by those the bor condemned with its allegations. What we do know is that the bor has spent lots of BU $$ on PR firms to shape the information released.

One might note that some of the new coaching staff have not been angels either.
Humans are not angels. Humans have flaws that angels don't have.
jbbear
Doc Holliday said:

Actually, CAB did that.
jbbear
SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

To permanently get rid of the cancer(s).
xiledinok
The former OU fixer was at Kansas and worked for their ticket office. During his time with the Kansas ticket office, several members of the KU athletic department were federally indicted and went to prison.
After the Kansas ticket office scandal, the former OU employee was then the recruiting coordinator at OU.
Just prior to Stoops abruptly hanging it up at OU, he was fired. Instead of heading to another athletic department, he was at an oil company for a year. Now, it is Spike's son's last chance.

Rex, I bet OU 's former fixer can tell ya how he was canned and who he can thank for getting put under the microscope at OU.
Sailor Bear
Malbec said:

Bearish said:

Fiction.

Which part, amigo?
PervertedLittleTarts
tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Yes. That's an easy one. He hasn't replaced him with better and he doesn't seem to understand August climate in Texas.

Two questions:

1) How do you know he hasn't replaced him with better?

2) He doesn't understand Texas' August climate? What do you mean by that?
REX
xiledinok said:

The former OU fixer was at Kansas and worked for their ticket office. During his time with the Kansas ticket office, several members of the KU athletic department were federally indicted and went to prison.
After the Kansas ticket office scandal, the former OU employee was then the recruiting coordinator at OU.
Just prior to Stoops abruptly hanging it up at OU, he was fired. Instead of heading to another athletic department, he was at an oil company for a year. Now, it is Spike's son's last chance.

Rex, I bet OU 's former fixer can tell ya how he was canned and who he can thank for getting put under the microscope at OU.

Do they teach you this language in Oklahoma?
Yogi
SMU gonna make a comeback.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
PervertedLittleTarts
Yogi said:

SMU gonna make a comeback.

Better than what they did under Morris, who's been anointed by many here as the football savior?
Mitch Blood Green
PervertedLittleTarts said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Two questions:

1) How do you know he hasn't replaced him with better?

2) He doesn't understand Texas' August climate? What do you mean by that?

Our team was gased against Liberty. (And other teams) Reminded me of the Guy Morriss teams that needed "pickle juice".

Briles teams played faster, more plays and more go routes.

Didn't seem gased. That tells me, current S&G coach didn't properly prepare the team for the Texas heat (which means he wasn't better).

Maybe they focused on the strength side of S&C.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.