Football
Sponsored by

Sources saying Jersey leveraged Colts interview for raise

21,005 Views | 153 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
LTbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gust Avrakotos said:

Since we are on the topic of salary...let's go ahead and take this to the next level.

You all recall the intriguing post that I put up about the collective salaries of Jersey and his staff.

We all pretty much agreed that 7.625M was the number that we paid for 1 win last year.

Let's see if we can guess how much that number just went up in the last 2 weeks because of the Colts interview.

Most of the time that a HC gets a raise, he makes sure that his staff gets something too. Briles was really good at that.

So lets say that Jersey got a half mil raise per season and the rest of the salaries went up by 10% (min).

That's 8.49M that we paid for our win over Kansas last year. That has to be (by far) the worst return on investment in the history of college football. Bar none!

Pure insanity

You understand any of us could make up some bull**** then try to engender some anger over said bull****, yes?
Gust Avrakotos
Please show me where my numbers are off.

I'll keep this up top until I hear from you.
Gust Avrakotos
LT?
bularry
Gust Avrakotos said:

Your numbers are off because no one else can corroborate your raise story
LIB,MR BEARS
gust
st/
noun

[ol]
    a brief, strong rush of wind.
    synonyms:
    flurry, blast, puff, blow, rush;
    squall
    "a sudden gust of wind"

• [/ol]verb

[ol]
    (of the wind) blow in gusts.
    "the wind was gusting through the branches of the tree"
    synonyms:
    blow, bluster, flurry, roar
    "wind gusted around the chimneys"
  • [/ol]
    Robemcdo
    bularry said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Or refute it ?
    bularry
    Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Or refute it ?
    how do you refute a lie, exactly? many on here have some sources in football, athletic department and admin. none have said anything about a similar story. that seems to refute it.

what do you want, a statement from Livingstone that Rhule didn't get a raise?
    Robemcdo
    bularry said:

Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Or refute it ?
    how do you refute a lie, exactly? many on here have some sources in football, athletic department and admin. none have said anything about a similar story. that seems to refute it.

How unlikely is the scenario that Op mentioned? No one batted an eye when Gundy used a Baylor rumour to get OK St to up the ante ? What did we think this Colts rumour was about? Rhule getting hired? Seriously ?
    Also factor in a few stories that no one from Baylor will officially acknowledge but I've heard from at least three different sources (Football + Equestrian = Sexual assault allegations .. and it wasn't with the ponies ). Yet no word . How did that get buried ?

Rhule has leverage. More than 11-1 can get you . He now knows where some of the bodies are buried
    chorne68
    This is stupid...no one with this record could ever get a raise for any reason.
    Robert Wilson
    I'm sorry. Why would anyone give a damn if he did use whatever leverage he has to get a raise? That's how baseball go.
    80sBEAR
    Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Or refute it ?

Also factor in a few stories that no one from Baylor will officially acknowledge but I've heard from at least three different sources (Football + Equestrian = Sexual assault allegations .. and it wasn't with the ponies ). Yet no word . How did that get buried ?

Yep, we still have some bad dudes. We will just leave it at that.
    "This is not an institution of football."
    -- Dr. David Garland
    oldbear69
    Gust Avrakotos said:

LT?

LT, it has been thrown down,,,,,,can you meet the challenge?
    PartyBear
    Robert Wilson said:

I'm sorry. Why would anyone give a damn if he did use whatever leverage he has to get a raise? That's how baseball go.
    Well he doesnt deserve one for starters that is why the thought is outrageous. But this came closer to getting him fired than some sort of extension.
    Gust Avrakotos
    LT?

Where did you go?
    Gust Avrakotos
    chorne68 said:

This is stupid...no one with this record could ever get a raise for any reason.

Are you serious? Baylor does stupid **** all the time.
    Gust Avrakotos
    bularry said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Are you serious? You think there isn't a soul on this board that couldn't provide detail on what the collective staff makes? Laughable.

Ian had Toddles and Joosie roaming these boards daily. You don't thing Rhoades the same?
    MilliVanilli
    Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Or refute it ?

How unlikely is the scenario that Op mentioned? No one batted an eye when Gundy used a Baylor rumour to get OK St to up the ante ? What did we think this Colts rumour was about? Rhule getting hired? Seriously ?

Rhule has leverage. More than 11-1 can get you . He now knows where some of the bodies are buried
    Seeming you're a murderer apologist, there's no lie you won't entertain.

In fact, you seem to specialize in trying to deny anything factual or truthful at all.
    MilliVanilli
    80sBEAR said:

Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Or refute it ?

Yep, we still have some bad dudes. We will just leave it at that.
    They're all a bunch of trailer trash t-shirt fans on this forum that can't seem to either accept reality or buy a new shirt.
    Gust Avrakotos
    Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Or refute it ?

This is scary. Jersey maybe losing games and many of them for years to come based on what he now knows.
    MilliVanilli
    Gust Avrakotos said:

Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Or refute it ?

This is scary. Jersey maybe losing games and many of them for years to come based on what he now knows.
    Gust Avrakotos
    Lt?
    LIB,MR BEARS
    Sometimes the gust come from the direction of the landfill
    80sBEAR
    When I first saw this post, I thought that Gust was crazy as always. But the fact that so many Fluffers and Pumpers have showed up to refute it tells me that it just may be true. I am not surprised. At this point, it really does not matter if true or false. Thousands of alumni have pulled the plug or are getting ready to. It is too late. It really does not matter.
    -- Dr. David Garland
    Friscobear
    Gust Avrakotos said:

Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Robemcdo said:

bularry said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Or refute it ?

Troll.
    “At the end of the day, for 40 minutes, we just kicked their ass.”

- Mark Vital
    MilliVanilli
    80sBEAR said:

When I first saw this post, I thought that Gust was crazy as always. But the fact that so many Fluffers and Pumpers have showed up to refute it tells me that it just may be true. I am not surprised. At this point, it really does not matter if true or false. Thousands of alumni have pulled the plug or are getting ready to. It is too late. It really does not matter.
    Actually, it's far more indicative that you've become indistinguishable from him, you guys could be Siamese twins.

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
    Drunken hookup @ old main said:

Brilliant move, if there's one thing that is a sure bet, it's Baylor's willingness to pay for someone to stop talking.
    "There were a number of us just crying out to God." - Baylor Regent Dennis Wiles

During the meeting, one of the regents started crying and pounding on the table, saying "Not my Baylor," and "Why do we have to listen to any more of this?"
    Chad 2 the Bone
    Matt Rhule is from New York, not New Jersey. I don't think he's ever even lived in New Jersey.
    Russell Gym
    Chad 2 the Bone said:

Matt Rhule is from New York, not New Jersey. I don't think he's ever even lived in New Jersey.

#AlternativeFacts These guys don't care it isn't true. It fits their narrative.
    oldbear69
    Chad 2 the Bone said:

But im pretty sure , he stayed in one of these in New Jersey....
    xiledinok
    It is probably a built in raise. There's probably "the rest of the rest of the story" here.
    Gust Avrakotos
    xiledinok said:

It is probably a built in raise. There's probably "the rest of the rest of the story" here.
    I'd love to hear that story.

LT? I'm waiting.
    Gust Avrakotos
    Where did LTbear go?

He was brash and boastful in his confidence over a period of a day or two....

and then he just up and disappeared!

What happened to him?
    Gust Avrakotos
    Russell Gym said:

Chad 2 the Bone said:

#AlternativeFacts These guys don't care it isn't true. It fits their narrative.
    1-11 and losing to F'n liberty is a fact...and one that you choose to completely ignore.

Oh the canned response will be....."oh, I don't ignore it....I just don't dwell on it". Spare me that groupthink garbage and go back to the premium board.

so when you get ready to address facts and narrative...let me know. I'm right here.
    xiledinok
    Gust Avrakotos said:

xiledinok said:

LT? I'm waiting.

Would you put it past the Mexia one room church to give the pastor a built in raise every year he serves them?
    Start at $3.7 and bump to $4.1 then to $4.5.
    80sBEAR
    xiledinok said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

xiledinok said:

LT? I'm waiting.

Would you put it past the Mexia one room church to give the pastor a built in raise every year he serves them?
    Start at $3.7 and bump to $4.1 then to $4.5.

The ole collection plate is sure not going to be what it once was! Hopefully the Sunshine Pumpers will dig a little deeper to make up the shortfall.
    -- Dr. David Garland

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.