Sermon at Prestonwood

30,881 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 80sBEAR
YoakDaddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Friscobear said:

Stranger said:

Friscobear said:

Can we move this thread to Chit Chat?

Why?
It's about the football coach.

Your intent may have been to discuss Rhule, but just like nearly every thread in this board it devolves into BOR, CMR or CAB bashing.

I think it's killing this board.

I like reading different positions but reading the same drivel on every thread from both ends of the spectrum is frustrating.

That's because the BOFR has yet to be accountable to alumni, faculty, students, and stakeholders and CMR has yet to win more than 1 game.
YoakDaddy
Bill Blazejowski said:

Quote:

We were discussing the criteria that the BOR used when hiring Rhule as a coach.

The BOR hired him? I was under the impression that it was Mack Rhoades' hire all the way. He had interviewed him for the Mizzou job when he was AD there and wanted to hire him but had a lot of internal pressure to promote one of the coordinators. All BU media had reported that this was Mack's guy all the way.

Do you have insight into the BOR's role in the hiring process? It sounds like you have some inside information.

Because there was a small committee that hired him one of which had a private jet fly ADMR for the meet and brought his family to Waco in December 2016. That process was a committee with ADMR being the one to either get the credit or the blame.
Friscobear
YoakDaddy said:

Friscobear said:

Stranger said:

Friscobear said:

Why?

Your intent may have been to discuss Rhule, but just like nearly every thread in this board it devolves into BOR, CMR or CAB bashing.

I like reading different positions but reading the same drivel on every thread from both ends of the spectrum is frustrating.

That's because the BOFR has yet to be accountable to alumni, faculty, students, and stakeholders and CMR has yet to win more than 1 game.

^^^^^^^^

Thanks for making my point.

Post all you want about 1-11, but bringing up the BOR belongs in Chit Chat.
“At the end of the day, for 40 minutes, we just kicked their ass.”

- Mark Vital
80sBEAR
Friscobear said:

YoakDaddy said:

Friscobear said:

Stranger said:

Friscobear said:

Why?

^^^^^^^^

Don't take this the wrong way, but methinks you should put your big boy pants on.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
Friscobear
Ironic coming from someone whose panties have been in a wad for six months.

- Mark Vital
Stranger
Friscobear said:

YoakDaddy said:

Friscobear said:

Stranger said:

Friscobear said:

Why?

^^^^^^^^

Seems to me the only one hammering the same old point is your ownself. What we're discussing is what was the BOR's real agenda in hiring little Matty.
I'm a Bearbacker
RegentCoverup
Am I crazy or did someone just suggest a thread about the football coach we pay $4 mil per year should be on the chit chat board.

Ok, everyone in unison....1....2...3. AGENDA.

Frisch, hit the gym buddy, your man card is missing.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
80sBEAR
Friscobear said:

No, my panties have been in a wad now for almost two years. Get it right. I am over Baylor Football now after 21 seasons as a season ticket holder. I will always hope we win but at this point, I just really just no longer give a ****. Hope that does not hurt your feelings, Sunshine Pumper.
-- Dr. David Garland
Keyser Soze

And that real agenda is ________________________________ .

And you know that how?

Keyser Soze
80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

No, my panties have been in a wad now for almost two years. Get it right. I am over Baylor Football now after 21 seasons as a season ticket holder. I will always hope we win but at this point, I just really just no longer give a ****. Hope that does not hurt your feelings, Sunshine Pumper.

Friscobear
80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

No one believes this anymore.

- Mark Vital
Friscobear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Am I crazy or did someone just suggest a thread about the football coach we pay $4 mil per year should be on the chit chat board.

Keep up, Stranger just admitted right before your post that this thread is about the BOR's agenda in hiring Rhule. That's not about football.

- Mark Vital
80sBEAR
Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

No one believes this anymore.
Did you see those Lady Basketball Bears beat the Lady Longhorns tonight? It was spectacular. If you don't believe me, you should look it up.
-- Dr. David Garland
Forest Bueller
Friscobear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Keep up, Stranger just admitted right before your post that this thread is about the BOR's agenda in hiring Rhule. That's not about football.

So you are saying their agenda in hiring Rhule was not about football. I know that's not what you mean, but yet how it read.
Friscobear
Forest Bueller said:

Friscobear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

So you are saying their agenda in hiring Rhule was not about football. I know that's not what you mean, but yet how it read.

No, Stranger said it.

- Mark Vital
D. C. Bear
Friscobear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Anything about the hiring of a football coach is about football.
ButterflyFX
Wow... All this for preaching?
It's not that serious. I don't get it.
#45 Bryson Jackson, LB, 6'2" 211 lbs
2020 Graduate, Mansfield, TX
GP -:13, Tackles - 7 (3 solo)
bear2be2
Friscobear said:

Stranger said:

Friscobear said:

Why?

Yep. This board needs a standing "Not this **** again" meme at the end of every thread. It's become a circle jerk for about 12 posters who have drowned out or run off all moderate voices.
Keyser Soze

Cut to the chase:

The same people who have desperately clung to poor Art is a sacrificial lamb, a scapegoat, are just moving on to a new version of "BOR is bad".

Now it is the BOR has used their power to make sure a preacher is in charge of football, we know this is correct because we went 1-11 last year. It is what they want, a spiritual leader of men and you can't be that a good coach as well. They won't say it out loud but the revel in Rhule's failures as some justification for their fantasies.

Back on planet Earth, the AD, search committee, and BOR all want someone who can do the job both on and off the field. This has always been the case, we are just in the wake of a coach that failed miserably in the off the field part.
OsoCoreyell
YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

. . . deleted threads make me think we're dialed into Pravda365.

Seriously, when did a little free speech harm anybody around here?

Makes me wonder who applied pressure?
This site is private property not a public forum.

Just a guess, but the drivel spewed by about a dozen CAB faithful is not beneficial to this community as a whole.

Actually that thread had very little CAB drivel. The thread critiqued his shout out to Murff and not the content of his 20 minute sermon. To my recollection nobody questioned his spirituality, but cynically challenged the hiring process.

I criticized the fact that the theme was Man Up and that's what the BOR members who were in the audience should have done by being accountable to alumni, faculty, and stakeholders and the documented fact (look it up) that Murff as CFO wrecked Guaranty Bank to the tune of $3 billion dollars.
You're hilarious and a broken record. You also don't know a thing about what went down at Guaranty Bank.
YoakDaddy
OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

Just a guess, but the drivel spewed by about a dozen CAB faithful is not beneficial to this community as a whole.

Actually that thread had very little CAB drivel. The thread critiqued his shout out to Murff and not the content of his 20 minute sermon. To my recollection nobody questioned his spirituality, but cynically challenged the hiring process.

I criticized the fact that the theme was Man Up and that's what the BOR members who were in the audience should have done by being accountable to alumni, faculty, and stakeholders and the documented fact (look it up) that Murff as CFO wrecked Guaranty Bank to the tune of $3 billion dollars.
You're hilarious and a broken record. You also don't know a thing about what went down at Guaranty Bank.

Just going off what is publicly available on-line. Broken record, probably so, but I wouldn't trust that guy with a prepaid debit card from the convenience store after screwing his customers and shareholders.
RegentCoverup
OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

I do. And I know what a mortgage backed security is as well. Since you opened this up, Guaranty's failure was directly related to the mortgage backed securities it held on it''s balance sheet. At the best of Murff, they had bought millions of these assets not having an earthly clue what they were worth and not making any effort to forecast their value when the OBVIOUSLY overheated mortgage industry was about to go south.

You don't have to take my word for it and interpret what I said as opinion. The bank examiners that reviewed Guaranty were far more brutal than I. Not to mention the former Guaranty employees around town that just love to share their story.

He'll never be a bank CEO again. Let that sink in.

This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
xiledinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

I do. And I know what a mortgage backed security is as well. Since you opened this up, Guaranty's failure was directly related to the mortgage backed securities it held on it''s balance sheet. At the best of Murff, they had bought millions of these assets not having an earthly clue what they were worth and not making any effort to forecast their value when the OBVIOUSLY overheated mortgage industry was about to go south.

You don't have to take my word for it and interpret what I said as opinion. The bank examiners that reviewed Guaranty were far more brutal than I. Not to mention the former Guaranty employees around town that just love to share their story.

Could he get a teller's job at the drive thur mobile mini bank? Could other characters fit at his bank?
How about bank failure working the teller window, Briles, Pete Rose and O.J. signing autographs and handling out popcorn while Ian holds the door for customers?
OsoCoreyell
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

The bank examiners! Ha! Which one? C.K. Lee? That comment shows just how little you really know about the situation.

Here's a question you can ask yourself...Why did serious big-hitters like Carl Icahn, Bob Rolling, and David Einhorn, put so much cash into Guaranty Bank AFTER the beginning of the crisis? When the bonds in question weren't just known but actually named and listed for public information? Are they morons? Did Ron fool them?

If you want to criticize the BOR for failings in how they handled things as BU regents, that's a topic that is appropriate to discuss. But this other stuff is pure ad hominem (another thing you can look up). Oh, you've talked to some angry former employees around town? Well then you must be an expert on Ron's character. You heard that Neal Jeffrey is a preacher at the dreaded and feared Prestonwood? He cannot possibly be a person of honest intent capable of acting in good faith! Oh, a guy owns an online pharmacy that sells about 100,000 SKUs, some of which include the same stuff that CVS and Walgreens sell? Let's call him a "dildo salesman." You guys are a lot more like Buddy Jones than you'd like to admit.
bearlyafarmer
OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

The bank examiners! Ha! Which one? C.K. Lee? That comment shows just how little you really know about the situation.

Here's a question you can ask yourself...Why did serious big-hitters like Carl Icahn, Bob Rolling, and David Einhorn, put so much cash into Guaranty Bank AFTER the beginning of the crisis? When the bonds in question weren't just known but actually named and listed for public information? Are they morons? Did Ron fool them?

If you want to criticize the BOR for failings in how they handled things as BU regents, that's a topic that is appropriate to discuss. But this other stuff is pure ad hominem (another thing you can look up). Oh, you've talked to some angry former employees around town? Well then you must be an expert on Ron's character. You heard that Neal Jeffrey is a preacher at the dreaded and feared Prestonwood? He cannot possibly be a person of honest intent capable of acting in good faith! Oh, a guy owns an online pharmacy that sells about 100,000 SKUs, some of which include the same stuff that CVS and Walgreens sell? Let's call him a "dildo salesman." You guys are a lot more like Buddy Jones than you'd like to admit.
For crying out loud.
Tiny Elvis
Let's be honest. Jo Betsy Tyler wouldn't hire him.
Forest Bueller
OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

Breath man breath, everything is going to be ok.
OsoCoreyell
Forest Bueller said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

Breath man breath, everything is going to be ok.
I'm breathing just fine, in between laughing at Mr. "I've talked to some people around town."
YoakDaddy
OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

Character questions are extremely relevant. I personally do not expect perfection. What I do expect, and Baylor deserves, is leadership that doesn't have a shady past.
la1037
YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

For real?? Our clown coach kissed up to the devil (Ron Murf) with a politically motivated self preservation speech to the good people of Prestonwood. Did that really happened?

Sad that some of those good God fearing Baptists in the crowd likely ate that up like it was real without knowing any difference.

There truly is no honor among thieves.
"We are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or university officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.”
- Chris Holmes, Baylor General Counsel
OsoCoreyell
la1037 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

...There truly is no honor among thieves.
You would certainly be an authority on that.
OsoCoreyell
YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

Character questions are extremely relevant. I personally do not expect perfection. What I do expect, and Baylor deserves, is leadership that doesn't have a shady past.
There is nothing "shady" about Ron's past. Even if you want to blame him entirely for the value of the bonds (funny how none of the hedge fund guys that lost more money than anyone did that), he didn't do any of it underhandedly or in the "shade."
la1037
OsoCoreyell said:

la1037 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

...There truly is no honor among thieves.
You would certainly be an authority on that.

All I know is he/you among other things crapped all over the football team days before the UT game last year. He is a sorry individual - actions speak louder than words. Its all I can do to not punch the guy in the face when I see him in the loge boxes. Please tell him for me that there are many fans who know who he is and know what he is but refrain from confrontation for the good of others and the school.
"We are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or university officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.”
- Chris Holmes, Baylor General Counsel
Michibear
Here's the video for those that haven't seen it.

xiledinok
FYI, Walgreens and CVS are big sex toy sellers. In fact Walgreens sells more than anyone.
Now, other pharmaca toys end up at the Hustler story (owned by every Baptist's favorite porn maker), the toy boxes, and adult novelty shops that would be the regent Christian sock puppet lady hide the puppets.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.