Sermon at Prestonwood

30,792 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 80sBEAR
Michibear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Honest to goodness, that's a pretty powerful testimony he gives about his marriage and about his priorities. I've been a Rhule critic, but if you don't appreciate and respect him--and pray for him, regardless of the wins/losses--then you are missing the big picture.
D. C. Bear
Michibear said:

Here's the video for those that haven't seen it.

Don't have time to watch at the moment, what were his main points?
Michibear
D. C. Bear said:

Michibear said:

Take the time and watch it when you can. Do it.
D. C. Bear
Michibear said:

D. C. Bear said:

Michibear said:

Take the time and watch it when you can. Do it.

I plan to.
Krieg
Friscobear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Am I crazy or did someone just suggest a thread about the football coach we pay $4 mil per year should be on the chit chat board.

Ok, everyone in unison....1....2...3. AGENDA.

Frisch, hit the gym buddy, your man card is missing.

Keep up, Stranger just admitted right before your post that this thread is about the BOR's agenda in hiring Rhule. That's not about football.
So, football hiring doesn't belong on the football board....right....

I wasn't on this board back when he was hired, but I'd imagine you didn't make that argument during the hiring process, right? So it's ok to discuss when you want it discussed, but not when you don't? Yeah, totally makes sense.
OsoCoreyell
It seemed to me like this thread was about Rhule daring to go to Prestonwood to speak and then daring to utter the name Ron Murff, one of our Regents that attends that church. It apparently triggered the heck out of the group of posters that you would expect to be triggered by that.
Stranger
OsoCoreyell said:

It seemed to me like this thread was about Rhule daring to go to Prestonwood to speak and then daring to utter the name Ron Murff, one of our Regents that attends that church. It apparently triggered the heck out of the group of posters that you would expect to be triggered by that.

Do you belong to Prestonwood?
Are you a regent?
Just wondering what got you triggered?
Thanks.
I'm a Bearbacker
YoakDaddy
OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

. . . deleted threads make me think we're dialed into Pravda365.

Seriously, when did a little free speech harm anybody around here?

Makes me wonder who applied pressure?
This site is private property not a public forum.

Just a guess, but the drivel spewed by about a dozen CAB faithful is not beneficial to this community as a whole.

Actually that thread had very little CAB drivel. The thread critiqued his shout out to Murff and not the content of his 20 minute sermon. To my recollection nobody questioned his spirituality, but cynically challenged the hiring process.

I criticized the fact that the theme was Man Up and that's what the BOR members who were in the audience should have done by being accountable to alumni, faculty, and stakeholders and the documented fact (look it up) that Murff as CFO wrecked Guaranty Bank to the tune of $3 billion dollars.
You're hilarious and a broken record. You also don't know a thing about what went down at Guaranty Bank.
I do. And I know what a mortgage backed security is as well. Since you opened this up, Guaranty's failure was directly related to the mortgage backed securities it held on it''s balance sheet. At the best of Murff, they had bought millions of these assets not having an earthly clue what they were worth and not making any effort to forecast their value when the OBVIOUSLY overheated mortgage industry was about to go south.

You don't have to take my word for it and interpret what I said as opinion. The bank examiners that reviewed Guaranty were far more brutal than I. Not to mention the former Guaranty employees around town that just love to share their story.

He'll never be a bank CEO again. Let that sink in.

The bank examiners! Ha! Which one? C.K. Lee? That comment shows just how little you really know about the situation.

Here's a question you can ask yourself...Why did serious big-hitters like Carl Icahn, Bob Rolling, and David Einhorn, put so much cash into Guaranty Bank AFTER the beginning of the crisis? When the bonds in question weren't just known but actually named and listed for public information? Are they morons? Did Ron fool them?

If you want to criticize the BOR for failings in how they handled things as BU regents, that's a topic that is appropriate to discuss. But this other stuff is pure ad hominem (another thing you can look up). Oh, you've talked to some angry former employees around town? Well then you must be an expert on Ron's character. You heard that Neal Jeffrey is a preacher at the dreaded and feared Prestonwood? He cannot possibly be a person of honest intent capable of acting in good faith! Oh, a guy owns an online pharmacy that sells about 100,000 SKUs, some of which include the same stuff that CVS and Walgreens sell? Let's call him a "dildo salesman." You guys are a lot more like Buddy Jones than you'd like to admit.

Character questions are extremely relevant. I personally do not expect perfection. What I do expect, and Baylor deserves, is leadership that doesn't have a shady past.
There is nothing "shady" about Ron's past. Even if you want to blame him entirely for the value of the bonds (funny how none of the hedge fund guys that lost more money than anyone did that), he didn't do any of it underhandedly or in the "shade."

So a bank failure to the tune $3 billion isn't shady? Wow. Now that's some damm fine leadership! He demonstrates fiduciary responsibility so well he should be a regent!
Keyser Soze
Guaranty was a "thrift" bank with a charter that required 70% of it's investments to be in real estate. Now I am not going to say I know the dealings of Guaranty and Murff well, but a massive number of institutions failed that didn't even have that charter requirement.

With that 70% requirement, there was a good likelihood Guaranty was going down no matter who was CEO.

Like so many other things, people really didn't seem to have a problem with Murff until Briles was fired.
Robemcdo
Seems no one had a problem with Briles ...until Briles was fired
Keyser Soze
Texas Monthly
ESPN
Jasmine Hernandez
Jane Doe #
Jane Doe ##
Sharon Grigsby
Mac Engle

Plenty had a problem
DAC
Keyser Soze said:

Texas Monthly
ESPN
Jasmine Hernandez
Jane Doe #
Jane Doe ##
Sharon Grigsby
Mac Engle

Plenty had a problem

That's a helluva list, boy you really showed him. You mean a tcu beat writer, network that owns lhn, a dyke writer from DMN and a proven liar had a problem with him ? lmao get real you clown
Dman
Keyser Soze said:

Guaranty was a "thrift" bank with a charter that required 70% of it's investments to be in real estate. Now I am not going to say I know the dealings of Guaranty and Murff well, but a massive number of institutions failed that didn't even have that charter requirement.

With that 70% requirement, there was a good likelihood Guarantee was going down no matter who was CEO.

Like so many other things, people really didn't seem to have a problem with Murff until Briles was fired.

I would seriously like to know how much you get paid peddling for your employers on the BoR? That's all you do. Literally...that's your sole job on this forum. Pop into a thread. Defend...distract..deny any level of accountability. It's crazy. How much was your dignity and reputation worth?

Briles is gone.
Star is gone
Ian is gone.
The BoR remains.

All failed our school. No amount of money you get paid to peddle otherwise will change this fact. You're a paid shill. Nothing more. You aren't taken seriously because your reputation is securely engrained as such.
MilliVanilli
It's remarkable that your schtick is so desperate that you think people are paid to conspire against you.

I assure you that there is no reward or edification coming into contact with your two year long tour of redundant stupidity.

And you couldn't even spell BOR before they fired Briles and would still be ignorant and apathetic of those initials if they hadn't.
syme
Robemcdo said:

Seems no one had a problem with Briles ...until Briles was fired

Yep firing Briles is what gave credence to a false narrative and a massive media hyperbole.
Dman
I'm beginning to be think the Village Idiot is another screen name for Keyser? Anyone else? I literally told the guy I'm having dinner with who is on the board frequently, that the Village Idiot would magically pop up out of no where, follow my post...and defend Keyser. I'm assuming that's what his post rants about? He knows I don't read them and I have him on ignore. It's too much of a coincidence EVERY time.

Now..being the predictable little troll MV is, I'm sure he'll respond to this post...and once again, all I will see is his name. Sad waste of a life...
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

I'm beginning to be think the Village Idiot is another screen name for Keyser? Anyone else? I literally told the guy I'm having dinner with who is on the board frequently, that the Village Idiot would magically pop up out of no where, follow my post...and defend Keyser. I'm assuming that's what his post rants about? He knows I don't read them and I have him on ignore. It's too much of a coincidence EVERY time.

Now..being the predictable little troll MV is, I'm sure he'll respond to this post...and once again, all I will see is his name. Sad waste of a life...
What's hilarious is that you take the time to rant about what you swear you're ignoring...and that you think you can shirk your village idiot moniker.

YoakDaddy
Keyser Soze said:

And I'll readily admit that I only followed BOFR issues from afar until 2016. Yet the totality of the alleged sexual assaults across campus going back decades made me dig into available information as to how they operate and who they are only to find that there are many in that incestuous group that are not suited to lead or have shady pasts such that not only did they do a great disservice to alleged victims through the years but also contributed to the further tarnishing of Baylor's reputation in the revelations aftermath. None stood up and said they were so ashamed of the group's failures that they'd resign; not a single one out of 30+ regents and some of them are in the ministry. That's telling. At least we as alumni get to vote for 3.
Dman
How predictable. The Village Idiot posts again.

"MilliVanilli"

That's all I see... I can't say this any more clearly. YOU'RE ON IGNORE. You are literally talking to who?!

Yawn....

(He will post again...in 3...2...1...).
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

How predictable. The Village Idiot posts again.

"MilliVanilli"

That's all I see... I can't say this any more clearly. YOU'RE ON IGNORE. You are literally talking to who?!

Yawn....

(He will post again...in 3...2...1...).
Just look at you getting unhinged by that which you swear you're ignoring.

80sBEAR
Looks like our resident BOR reputation damage control attorneys have come out in full force on this thread. With a little help from their friend. I won't mention any names.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
OsoCoreyell
YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

Just a guess, but the drivel spewed by about a dozen CAB faithful is not beneficial to this community as a whole.

Actually that thread had very little CAB drivel. The thread critiqued his shout out to Murff and not the content of his 20 minute sermon. To my recollection nobody questioned his spirituality, but cynically challenged the hiring process.

I criticized the fact that the theme was Man Up and that's what the BOR members who were in the audience should have done by being accountable to alumni, faculty, and stakeholders and the documented fact (look it up) that Murff as CFO wrecked Guaranty Bank to the tune of $3 billion dollars.
You're hilarious and a broken record. You also don't know a thing about what went down at Guaranty Bank.
I do. And I know what a mortgage backed security is as well. Since you opened this up, Guaranty's failure was directly related to the mortgage backed securities it held on it''s balance sheet. At the best of Murff, they had bought millions of these assets not having an earthly clue what they were worth and not making any effort to forecast their value when the OBVIOUSLY overheated mortgage industry was about to go south.

You don't have to take my word for it and interpret what I said as opinion. The bank examiners that reviewed Guaranty were far more brutal than I. Not to mention the former Guaranty employees around town that just love to share their story.

The bank examiners! Ha! Which one? C.K. Lee? That comment shows just how little you really know about the situation.

Here's a question you can ask yourself...Why did serious big-hitters like Carl Icahn, Bob Rolling, and David Einhorn, put so much cash into Guaranty Bank AFTER the beginning of the crisis? When the bonds in question weren't just known but actually named and listed for public information? Are they morons? Did Ron fool them?

If you want to criticize the BOR for failings in how they handled things as BU regents, that's a topic that is appropriate to discuss. But this other stuff is pure ad hominem (another thing you can look up). Oh, you've talked to some angry former employees around town? Well then you must be an expert on Ron's character. You heard that Neal Jeffrey is a preacher at the dreaded and feared Prestonwood? He cannot possibly be a person of honest intent capable of acting in good faith! Oh, a guy owns an online pharmacy that sells about 100,000 SKUs, some of which include the same stuff that CVS and Walgreens sell? Let's call him a "dildo salesman." You guys are a lot more like Buddy Jones than you'd like to admit.

Character questions are extremely relevant. I personally do not expect perfection. What I do expect, and Baylor deserves, is leadership that doesn't have a shady past.
There is nothing "shady" about Ron's past. Even if you want to blame him entirely for the value of the bonds (funny how none of the hedge fund guys that lost more money than anyone did that), he didn't do any of it underhandedly or in the "shade."

So a bank failure to the tune $3 billion isn't shady? Wow. Now that's some damm fine leadership! He demonstrates fiduciary responsibility so well he should be a regent!

No, a bank failure in and of itself is not at all shady. Businesses fail all of the time for non shady reasons. If you want to criticize Ron and say that he handled things the wrong way for Baylor, OK. That's not a dumb conversation to have. But to say that he's "shady" because he was the CFO of a thrift that was statutorily required to invest in real estate at the height of the 2008 crisis is not just intellectually lazy or dishonest, it's just stupid. Do you seriously think Icahn and Einhorn would have let it go if Ron has been "shady?"
MilliVanilli
80sBEAR said:

Looks like our resident BOR reputation damage control attorneys have come out in full force on this thread. With a little help from their friend. I won't mention any names.
It's hilarious your mind thinks the BOR cares what a nearly 60-year-old has to say to dozens on a free message board.

We're all just bored of your schtick, we get it, you're mad Briles was fired and think his boat racing wins were worthy of keeping at all costs, raped coeds be damned.
Dman
Village Idiot...posts again...to no one. in 3....2...1...

Cant make this stuff up...

You bore me now...even when I can't see your dribble. Log back in under your other screen name, "Keyser". I haven't blocked that one yet.
80sBEAR
OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

No, a bank failure in and of itself is not at all shady. Businesses fail all of the time for non shady reasons. If you want to criticize Ron and say that he handled things the wrong way for Baylor, OK. That's not a dumb conversation to have. But to say that he's "shady" because he was the CFO of a thrift that was statutorily required to invest in real estate at the height of the 2008 crisis is not just intellectually lazy or dishonest, it's just stupid. Do you seriously think Icahn and Einhorn would have let it go if Ron has been "shady?"

This is our problem. Nobody is held accountable for anything anymore.
-- Dr. David Garland
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

Village Idiot...posts again...to no one. in 3....2...1...

Cant make this stuff up...

You bore me now...even when I can't see your dribble. Log back in under your other screen name, "Keyser". I haven't blocked that one yet.
How many times are you going to obsess over that which you swear you aren't reading?
OsoCoreyell
80sBEAR said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

Your problem with elementary logic and reading comprehension is not a basis for impugning someone's character.
80sBEAR
OsoCoreyell said:

80sBEAR said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

Your problem with elementary logic and reading comprehension are not a basis for impugning someone's character.
Nothing but class, counselor. I expected nothing less from you. Always remember, if you sleep with the dogs, you may end up with fleas.
-- Dr. David Garland
MilliVanilli
80sBEAR said:

OsoCoreyell said:

80sBEAR said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

Your problem with elementary logic and reading comprehension are not a basis for impugning someone's character.
Nothing but class, counselor. I expected nothing less from you. Always remember, if you sleep with the dogs, you may end up with fleas.
We already booted Mr. That dog won't hunt who tracked in the fleas.

OsoCoreyell
Stranger said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Do you belong to Prestonwood?
Are you a regent?
Just wondering what got you triggered?
Thanks.
No, I don't belong to Prestonwood.

No, I am not a regent. You're one to talk about being triggered, Mr. can't leave this topic alone.
OsoCoreyell
80sBEAR said:

OsoCoreyell said:

80sBEAR said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

Now you want to lecture on class because I pointed out that you can't understand english or connect logical concepts? Your inapposite old saw about dogs and fleas that you think will somehow distract from your demonstrated inability to reason is not really helping you here.
Timbear
I'm not going to watch him talk because so far that's all he's done. Just waiting for next season when we can all fully evaluate the process. I do admire and respect our players so much.
80sBEAR
OsoCoreyell said:

80sBEAR said:

OsoCoreyell said:

80sBEAR said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

Now you want to lecture on class because I pointed out that you can't understand english or connect logical concepts? Your inapposite old saw about dogs and fleas that you think will somehow distract from your demonstrated inability to reason is not really helping you here.
80sBEAR
OsoCoreyell said:

80sBEAR said:

OsoCoreyell said:

80sBEAR said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

Rude and condescending. You people really need to work on your presentation. It is not really helping you here.
-- Dr. David Garland
ColomboLQ
OsoCoreyell said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

OsoCoreyell said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Stranger said:

I always wondered if we had family members of the BOR on this board. Now we know that we do.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.