Football
Sponsored by

Spring Practice Thread

10,191 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by boognish_bear
hodedofome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Instead of jumping around to 5+ individual threads dealing with specific players or subjects, how about we keep the discussion in 1 thread.

Here I'll start:

Brewer is injured.
Bohanon looks incredible but needs to develop.
We have a QB grad transfer coming from NC State.
Hurd is huge.
Hasty looks bigger than last year.
Clay Johnston is injured.
Blake Lynch moves to safety permanently.

Any more, please discuss...
Dia del DougO
Looks like we're going to need a stronger Li'l Tikes basket with a steel rim for all the moral victories by these monsters.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
CorsicanaBear
BellCountyBear
Serious question...is Brewer's shoulder issue lingering from last season or is it a new one? Still not feeling confident about qb if he's still gimpy.
Mitch Henessey
Looks like the mods are censoring any post referencing the Spring Practice Template
Gust Avrakotos
must have hurt tarts feelings
PervertedLittleTarts
Gust Avrakotos said:

Not in the least. I relish every opportunity you give me to expose you as a fool. Fortunately, those opportunities are plentiful.
bearlyafarmer
Gust Avrakotos said:

Your deleted post was still masterful.
Life is more about asking the right questions than giving the right answers.
Old Guy
threads are getting funny again; hold that thought
Gust Avrakotos
bearlyafarmer said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

thanks....tarts is pretty sensitive
BearOnGlade
What I hope we get out of the Spring besides the obvious "get better" and "stay healthy" goals:

• OL depth. I think if you gave the coaches truth serum they would have said that last fall we had 3 guys they were comfortable with on the line and one of them was playing on one leg most of the season. We need to find at least 2 guys beyond the starters that can come in and contribute if needed. For what it's worth, the pics I've seen show the guys much bigger than they were in the fall (thinking Xavier Newman specifically). Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better but it can't hurt. I think we'll be better but the realistic goal for this group will be to be league average in 2018.

• Find safeties we can count on. Safety play probably cost us 2-3 games by themselves last season. By nature, the Big 12 is incredibly hard on safeties because you can't just be a run stopper or a coverage guy exclusively. Have to be both. Lynch has the athleticism for sure and maybe the 2 early enrollees can push for time. I'd be happy giving up a couple more first downs during a game if we don't get beat deep and have sure tackling from this group.

• QB Development. I know Brewer's shoulder is an issue but the clips the athletic department has shown on social media shows him throwing. Guessing they're just limiting the throws until they're sure he's fully healed. He's still getting reps and that's great. Look forward to what he can do. Also, whether Bohannon redshirts or not he's getting tons of reps right now and that's nothing but good for him. He'll probably develop more in the Spring compared to Charlie last year since he doesn't have 2 guys ahead of him right now.

• Tight Ends. If you remember last year's spring game, this position group was featured by having 2 in the formation for most plays and being thrown to. The offense we saw that day didn't look very much like what we saw in the fall. I think after position changes/injuries/sickness the staff did a poor job of adjusting the offense from what they visioned and installed in the spring. Excited to see what Henderson and Henle can do.

This isn't an exhaustive list but just things I want to see (hear).
boognish_bear

PervertedLittleTarts
Gust Avrakotos said:

bearlyafarmer said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

It'd take someone with a lot more sand in their sack than you have to offend me
boognish_bear
Gust Avrakotos
PervertedLittleTarts said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

bearlyafarmer said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

I wasn't worried if you were offended or not....I simply said that you are sensitive and likely the reason that it was deleted.

Take that any way you choose.
BaylorOkie
Gust Avrakotos said:

bearlyafarmer said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Too bad I missed it. I always enjoy the spring practice template posts.
Gust Avrakotos
Fun while it lasted and always a good laugh.

Milli and eviltroy got fished in by it....and then tarts got sensitive. It ended there.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

bearlyafarmer said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

I wasn't worried if you were offended or not....I simply said that you are sensitive and likely the reason that it was deleted.

Nope, it was a serious thread and you can start your own for the satire.
Mitch Henessey
Brian Ethridge said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

bearlyafarmer said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

I'm not all that convinced our football program isn't one big satire at this point
Gust Avrakotos
Brian Ethridge said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

bearlyafarmer said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

unfortunately, I don't have a copy and I'm too tired to type all of that again.
MilliVanilli
Gust Avrakotos said:

Milli and eviltroy got fished in by it....and then tarts got sensitive. It ended there.
Lulz once more you show reading comprehension really isn't in your wheelhouse, you were mocked for what was obvious...but I suppose it is a survival mechanism for you to count that as something to crow about.
BUBear24
BearOnGlade said:

What I hope we get out of the Spring besides the obvious "get better" and "stay healthy" goals:

• OL depth. I think if you gave the coaches truth serum they would have said that last fall we had 3 guys they were comfortable with on the line and one of them was playing on one leg most of the season. We need to find at least 2 guys beyond the starters that can come in and contribute if needed. For what it's worth, the pics I've seen show the guys much bigger than they were in the fall (thinking Xavier Newman specifically). Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better but it can't hurt. I think we'll be better but the realistic goal for this group will be to be league average in 2018.

• Find safeties we can count on. Safety play probably cost us 2-3 games by themselves last season. By nature, the Big 12 is incredibly hard on safeties because you can't just be a run stopper or a coverage guy exclusively. Have to be both. Lynch has the athleticism for sure and maybe the 2 early enrollees can push for time. I'd be happy giving up a couple more first downs during a game if we don't get beat deep and have sure tackling from this group.

• QB Development. I know Brewer's shoulder is an issue but the clips the athletic department has shown on social media shows him throwing. Guessing they're just limiting the throws until they're sure he's fully healed. He's still getting reps and that's great. Look forward to what he can do. Also, whether Bohannon redshirts or not he's getting tons of reps right now and that's nothing but good for him. He'll probably develop more in the Spring compared to Charlie last year since he doesn't have 2 guys ahead of him right now.

• Tight Ends. If you remember last year's spring game, this position group was featured by having 2 in the formation for most plays and being thrown to. The offense we saw that day didn't look very much like what we saw in the fall. I think after position changes/injuries/sickness the staff did a poor job of adjusting the offense from what they visioned and installed in the spring. Excited to see what Henderson and Henle can do.

This isn't an exhaustive list but just things I want to see (hear).
Really looking forward to TEs. I remember Ish being sick basically all year, I know he stayed in Waco for a few away games he was so sick. With Teck being moved to OL and Ferurbacher hurt the position got warped and completely messed up. Glad they grab several young TEs and hopefully see that implemented. Even though he didn't use them nearly as much, always liked sneaking the TE out of line for an easy 1st down like Briles would do.

Our RB group looks stout from the pictures that have been going around. Really glad CB and Lovett added on some good weight.

Gust Avrakotos
MilliVanilli said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Lulz once more you show reading comprehension really isn't in your wheelhouse, you were mocked for what was obvious...but I suppose it is a survival mechanism for you to count that as something to crow about.

Dude you are a funny guy. You completely got fished and I wasn't even using one of my better lures. Just admit it...it's ok. Everyone saw it happen. And eviltroy was right there with you.

Live a little.
MilliVanilli
Gust Avrakotos said:

MilliVanilli said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Dude you are a funny guy. You completely got fished and I wasn't even using one of my better lures. Just admit it...it's ok. Everyone saw it happen. And eviltroy was right there with you.

Live a little.
It's amazing how much effort you put into denying reality, and yes, we all do see that.
hodedofome
Yet another thread taken over by Gust and Milli's childish banter. Sigh.
MilliVanilli
hodedofome said:

Love the sanctimony of someone that agrees with Wac as often as possible.
BaylorProud77
He is huge! Would like 2 or 3 more like him.
BaylorProud77
Mine would not play but thank you for posting these!
BaylorProud77
No, no no littleTikes basket
SigTauBear
Does Okam have any eligibility left? That guy is huge.
boognish_bear
SigTauBear said:

Ya....I bet he gets his players' attention pretty easily. We will look past him being a Horn.
hodedofome
SigTauBear said:

He will not be difficult to spot around town.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
hodedofome said:

https://sicem365.com/s/2469/gallery-bears-spend-first-spring-practice-in-shells/2
boognish_bear
Brian Ethridge
Staff
https://sicem365.com/s/2498/gallery-baylor-begins-second-week-of-spring-practice/2
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.