Football
Sponsored by

4 Texas Tech Football Players arrested - SIAP

9,138 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wichitabear
Forest Bueller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

So Jett Duffey is found responsible for sexual assault by the TT Title 9 dept... then on top of that gets arrested for destruction of property.

Then gets suspended for a week and right back on the team. No way BU would get away with that.

Brenda Tracy should be all over this in 3...2....1
Forest Bueller
boognish_bear said:

Bruiser85 said:

Interesting that not one mention of this on the ESPN website. If this were Baylor, it would be blasted across the tv & reporters with pitchforks staked out on campus.

Tech benefitting from their virtual non-existant status as a P5 football program

So, you are saying if a tree falls in the forest and nobody sees or hears it fall, it didn't really happen?
BaylorOkie
Chanceux said:

How does a school even keep somebody that Title IX deemed a rapist on campus? Almost as crazy is how does a school not have a zero tolerance policy for that rapist?

Tech and their alumni should be ashamed.
I guess I don't understand the purpose of a T9 department if it is ignored.
boognish_bear
Guess Duffey didn't play too well

MrGolfguy
Karma perhaps
PartyBear
BaylorOkie said:

Chanceux said:

How does a school even keep somebody that Title IX deemed a rapist on campus? Almost as crazy is how does a school not have a zero tolerance policy for that rapist?

Tech and their alumni should be ashamed.
I guess I don't understand the purpose of a T9 department if it is ignored.

I suppose Tech is either doing something illegal, by blowing off its own findings and conclusions, or I'm right there with you in not understanding this.

For those saying folks would be out with pitchforks if Baylor did this, let me say they should. But they should be out with pitch forks for any program that does this. Looks like Tech is trying to get away with just technically complying with Title 9 by having a process to run through but still ultimately handling these things the old school way and ignoring title 9. I think they end up with lawsuits eventually over this system.
xiledinok
Don't know why an accused would want to race through the process without mounting a huge defense.
LBKBEAR
Tech isn't doing anything illegal in keeping Jett. Their investigation just found that he is probably a rapist. Title IX proceedings don't always end with expulsions. He is a good enough QB that Kingsbury feels okay bringing him back without any kind of punishment from the football team. Like Mixon, he will never lose an eligible down. He got to take a break from the spring semester, didn't go to summer school and got back on the football team.

That was one thing kind of missing from the Baylor story. Briles could have turned all of the accused in to Title IX, had them take a semester off of class to do independent workouts and get another year of growing, then taken them back on the football team. In Tech's case, nobody cares that they did that.
Chanceux
LBKBEAR said:

Tech isn't doing anything illegal in keeping Jett. Their investigation just found that he is probably a rapist. Title IX proceedings don't always end with expulsions. He is a good enough QB that Kingsbury feels okay bringing him back without any kind of punishment from the football team. Like Mixon, he will never lose an eligible down. He got to take a break from the spring semester, didn't go to summer school and got back on the football team.

That was one thing kind of missing from the Baylor story. Briles could have turned all of the accused in to Title IX, had them take a semester off of class to do independent workouts and get another year of growing, then taken them back on the football team. In Tech's case, nobody cares that they did that.
I think common sense would dictate that a Title IX guilty verdict should result in permanent expulsion from a university.
LBKBEAR
Maybe so. That just isn't how it works.
Chanceux
LBKBEAR said:

Maybe so. That just isn't how it works.
In the end it feels like Baylor was the lab rat for a contrived system that never had any real teeth outside of being publicly shamed.
PartyBear
LBKBEAR said:

Keep in mind Baylor didn't set up a title 9 procedure for Briles then fired him for not having one for him. Briles took people off the team until cleared by a jury if the DA picked it up.

I don't think Title 9 envisions a slap on the hand for rape and shouldn't. I don't think Briles should have handled it by simply not letting his player take class in spring semester nor should he have. It appears Tech is really twisting this into not really having a title 9 office and not really doing anything to anyone found to have comitted rape. I think this is worse than how Briles operated even without a title 9 office or procedure.
Malbec
Suspension at Texas Tech for Finding of Responsibility by Title IX Office = The Length of the Course of Antibiotics to Get Rid of the Raider Rash
Amarillobear
Tech gonna Tech. Tech is trash and trash is Tech. Duffey is a rapist and a thug and fits in their program well. He will start at QB for the tt trash and they will forget all about his thuggish behavior. Sad program that has never even sniffed much success.

They should give Klingleberry a lifetime contract. He was their 4th choice as coach and he is performing like that.
boognish_bear
LBKBEAR said:

Jett Duffey is their starting quarterback. Tech's Title IX department found him guilty of raping a girl. It seems like missing a spring semester and a summer semester for raping a girl didn't teach him a lot.

Maybe JL can follow up on that while she's in Lubbock

BoonDockSaint
Better NOT make those 4 do too many up downs or bleacher runs

One of em might keel over on the field
Golden Helmet
What a distorted and sick perception he has.

Simply put, he does not speak for Tech fans....

Absurd.
Wichitabear
Pizza gonna be late!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.