Story Poster
Baylor Football

Gameday: Baylor and TCU renew rivalry

November 5, 2016

The No. 17-ranked Baylor Bears (6-1) return home following their first loss of the 2016 season to face rival TCU (4-4). The Horned Frogs are coming off of their third loss in four games since starting the season 3-1.

Pre-Game Quotes

Jim Grobe...
"In this case I know we’ve had some barn burners games with those guys. That’s what fuels rivalries is when you have great competitive games. Sometimes you have rivalries, but they are one-sided. Certainly in this series, you have two teams that both expect to win every time they play. So that makes it a little more exciting."

Jordan Feuerbacher...
“I don’t think we have any concern about how we’ll bounce back. We were talking after the game and in meetings yesterday - we’re still in the driver’s seat for this thing. We still have a lot of football to play.”

STORY LINES

• Baylor and TCU will meet for the 112th time. The all-time series is tied 52-52-7.
• BU holds a 34-30-5 edge when the series is in Waco and has won 3 of the last 5 meetings overall.
• The last 3 series meetings have been decided by a total of 13 points, including last year's 2OT game.
• Baylor is averaging 49.8 ppg and 597.8 ypg in 2+ years at the riverfront stadium.
• Baylor has the nation's 3rd-best home record since 2011 at 33-3, which is also best in the Big 12.
• BU has won 32 of its last 37 games played in Texas and is 43-8 in the state over the last 5+ seasons.
• Baylor is 21-6 vs. in-state schools over last 5+ seasons and has won 14 of last 17 vs. Texas foes.
• BU has won 5 of last 6 after a loss, only back-to-back losses since 2012 were in 2015 to UT & TCU.
• The game against TCU has been designated as a "Green Out" of McLane Stadium. All fans are asked to wear green Saturday.
Discussion from...

Game Thread: Baylor and TCU renew rivalry

23,846 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by StatMan
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S11 said:

Better execution this drive. Go turn it into points!

We need a thousand S11s today
GoldMind
Too easy
S11
Staff
GoldMind said:

S11 said:

Focus on improving. Comeback may or may not happen but get better
GoldMind
S11 said:

GoldMind said:

S11 said:

Focus on improving. Comeback may or may not happen but get better

My brother
S11
Staff
I hate rushing three
GoldMind
S11 said:

I hate rushing three

Seen Bennett do it before
S11
Staff
Bennett playing wayyyy to soft on blitzing. Hill too comfy in the pocket. Learned nothing from the Tech vs TCU game IMO
S11
Staff
More upset with the defense. 31 points against a bad offense due to not scheming them right isn't ok.

Offense is up against a good defense with young WR except for KD who is inconsistent.
Pd254
Often times we wear defenses down in the second half. I hope that happens today. I wouldn't be shocked if it's a wild close finish.
S11
Staff
Pd254 said:

Often times we wear defenses down in the second half. I hope that happens today. I wouldn't be shocked if it's a wild close finish.

Gotta stop em for any of that to matter.
Pd254
Looks like we have gone from a bend don't break defense to a break don't bend defense.
S11
Staff
Worst game plan in the Bennett era
GoldMind
S11 said:

Maybe. There's been a couple duds.
S11
Staff
GoldMind said:

S11 said:

Maybe. There's been a couple duds.

Yeah but those were strong offenses
Pd254
You've never heard of Kenny Trill
GoldMind
I wish this staff well next year
Pd254
I'll see everyone Friday at the Ferrell center and over on the hoops boards.
0xdeadbeef
Sorry about all the negativity I brought to this thread. It's totally my fault Baylor got run out of the building by 40 points against a hilariously average TCU team.
RainyDaze
Goldmind...I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you one day. You are always so positive no matter what is going on. I come here to read your posts. That was a miserable loss but I'm proud of this team for continuing on with all they have been through.
GoldMind
RainyDaze said:

Goldmind...I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you one day. You are always so positive no matter what is going on. I come here to read your posts. That was a miserable loss but I'm proud of this team for continuing on with all they have been through.

Thanks. Keep smiling.

Brenden Padilla
Knock off the personal attacks. It's s football game. Insulting others isn't going to get the team to score more points.
StatMan
TCU 120, Baylor 83-the combined scores of their last 2 football meetings at McLane Stadium. Very sad from the Baylor perspective.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.